• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

It just seems like a guy who didn't have the rep as a slacker and who was playing at a very high energy level as late as June last year is a really good candidate for "health problems are tripping him up." 

This seems much more likely than he's not doing conditioning and lazing around when he's effectively in a contract year.

Not directed at anyone -

If your energy level isn't turned up in the playoffs you shouldn't be in the league, I don't think that's much of an accomplishment. I would think it comes with having a pulse for every professional athlete. It's bringing energy during the season and not giving off the appearance of being just happy to be here while your play has been invisible most nights.  Said it the other day I do have to give him credit he's having a blast out there and yucking it up with the boys (when he can breathe).  Jolly ole kinda guy.

Edited by jsrangers
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Even when they're winning it's always something. lol Literally like clockwork with this guy when he's playing well.

It really sucks because this seemed to be his coming out year we have all been waiting for. Hopefully not much longer than a week or so.

21 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I would rather see them call up Rydahl then bring in a winger and move Goodrow back to 4th line center. Give Rydahl an opportunity so it doesn’t cause more line disruptions.

A guy like Rydahl would get 6 mins/game from GG. 

8 hours ago, Kevin said:

I would rather see them call up Rydahl then bring in a winger and move Goodrow back to 4th line center. Give Rydahl an opportunity so it doesn’t cause more line disruptions.

I'm sure Carpenter will be brought back up. Unless they drop Goodrow down to 4C and push one of Vesey, Blais, Kravtsov or Gauthier up to Zibanejads line for RW. Most likely Blais, whom keeps failing into the lineup. 

• Believe 1

We don't really have a first/second/third line, it's more three second lines, which is great bc that's how you win championships, although every time we play Pittsburgh and you see just how ridiculously good Crosby is with whatever cones he plays with it makes me jealous