• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

54 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

No issues at all with giving Kreider a game or two off to be healthy at this point in the season.  I don't want to see  any lingering shoulder issues come April because he was pushed into the lineup in January.

• Bullseye 2
  • VINNY! 1

11 minutes ago, josh said:

Should be Chytil on the bumper and Trocheck in front

Yup. Troch isn't gonna be setting anyone up nor is he gonna snipe any corners. Plant him in the front for deflections or garbage goals and puck retrieval from the corners to feed Bread/Fox for a setup. 

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

Karlsson is having too insane of a season offensively. He’s got that Norris on lock. Pacing 107 points.

I think this is spot on. My Rangers' bias would have Fox as #2, but there's not much separating him and Dahlin/Makar in the voting (Fox actually has more #1 votes).

Karlsson

Fox/Makar/Dahlin/Morrissey

The rest

2 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I think this is spot on. My Rangers' bias would have Fox as #2, but there's not much separating him and Dahlin/Makar in the voting (Fox actually has more #1 votes).

Karlsson

Fox/Makar/Dahlin/Morrissey

The rest

Voting totals (points awarded on a 5-4-3-2-1-basis): Erik Karlsson, Sharks, 54 points (7 first-place votes); Josh Morrissey, Winnipeg Jets, 46 (4); Cale Makar, Colorado Avalanche, 36 (1); Rasmus Dahlin, Buffalo Sabres, 35 (1); Adam Fox, Rangers, 18; Hampus Lindholm 13 (1); Roman Josi, Nashville Predators, 4; Miro Heiskanen, Dallas Stars, 3; Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings, 1

Adam Fox will be the most underrated defensemen of this generation. He didn’t have the draft accumen. He didn’t have the hype like a Cale Makar (who deserves/deserved the hype, not taking away from him). Dahlin as a former 1OA is going to start getting a lot of recognition as the Sabres org has started to turn around. Flying under the radar is just how it’s going to be for Fox, and it’s a good thing he locked up a Norris already.

Fox is right there with Crosby as the smartest players I’ve watched in my 20 or so years of keenly watching hockey. He doesn’t have any elite physical attributes…speed, size, shot. He’s just an absolute magician with the puck, deception skills are through the roof, and to do what he does with an average physical skill set honestly just leaves me speechless.

• Bullseye 1

27 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Adam Fox will be the most underrated defensemen of this generation. He didn’t have the draft accumen. He didn’t have the hype like a Cale Makar (who deserves/deserved the hype, not taking away from him). Dahlin as a former 1OA is going to start getting a lot of recognition as the Sabres org has started to turn around. Flying under the radar is just how it’s going to be for Fox, and it’s a good thing he locked up a Norris already.

Fox is right there with Crosby as the smartest players I’ve watched in my 20 or so years of keenly watching hockey. He doesn’t have any elite physical attributes…speed, size, shot. He’s just an absolute magician with the puck, deception skills are through the roof, and to do what he does with an average physical skill set honestly just leaves me speechless.

Fox is not underrated.  

4 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Foxy has that amazing ability to hold on to the puck when the opposing player thinks he will move it, but he just hold it. The patience is amazing. No grenade toss for this guy. He does see the game differently and as you point out, his acumen is spot-on. Fly under the radar all you want - this guy's a keeper.

He's not flying under anyone's radar. He just got paid $9M per year.