• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

55 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Love this idea.

Except he’s like the only one that can win a face off consistently.

They lose faceoff and lose 20 seconds but I guess that would be the ame s them winning the face off and passing around for 20 seconds trying to set up Mika 🫣

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Take Trocheck off. They don't need another right handed shot and Kakko gives you a better look in the bumper and down to the goal line.

Or give the 2nd Unit real minutes. 

I wish they would let PP2 start a few PP's, just to get some momentum, and then if they don't covert after 45-55 seconds, bring on the boys.  But I can see them replacing Trocheck as the bumper...but I'd want a "shoot-first" kinda guy in that spot.  If Kakko can uncork a few shots and try not passing all the time, then sure!!!

Believe me, Pete...nothing would make me happier than to see Kakko light it up on the PP!!! 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I wish they would let PP2 start a few PP's, just to get some momentum, and then if they don't covert after 45-55 seconds, bring on the boys.  But I can see them replacing Trocheck as the bumper...but I'd want a "shoot-first" kinda guy in that spot.  If Kakko can uncork a few shots and try not passing all the time, then sure!!!

Believe me, Pete...nothing would make me happier than to see Kakko light it up on the PP!!! 

Yeah I don't see Kakko as a good fit for the bumper spot either. His strength is puck control, and lately showing some slick passing. If anything, I'm thinking put him in Panarin's spot, and have Panarin/Zibanejad rotate back and forth between left boards/bumper during the same PP as a method for freeing up Zibanejad's one timer. PKs will have to have great communication to track where Zibanejad is. Right now he's just too easy to defend on the PP because everyone and their mothers know what's going on.

Edited by rmc51
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Tough to find a spot for him with that first group.  I like that GG's giving them some time on PP2 now...well, they were...I would like to see Kakko/Laffy/Chytil with K'Andre QB'ing the point instead of Trouba.  Maybe for the 5th guy, add some size like a Kreider type and go with Gauthier in front of the net.

@The Dude would dig that!!  ..and I'd really like to see if Gauthier could be THAT guy. 

That would give us a relentless 2 PP minutes and can help gain or swing momentum in games where we need it.

I'd just like to see equal shifts on the PP. No more 1:30 every single time. Especially if they aren't pinning the D in their own zone for the whole time. Puck gets cleared to the other zone after :40? Change . It's ridiculous how long PP1 stays out there. 

Obviously I'd love Gauthier out there. Makes sense no matter how you use him. Just give him the puck and let him bring it to the net. Seems like that's all PP2 has time for anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

Yeah I don't see Kakko as a good fit for the bumper spot either. His strength is puck control, and lately showing some slick passing. If anything, I'm thinking put him in Panarin's spot, and have Panarin/Zibanejad rotate back and forth between left boards/bumper during the same PP as a method for freeing up Zibanejad's one timer. PKs will have to have great communication to track where Zibanejad is. Right now he's just too easy to defend on the PP because everyone and their mothers know what's going on.

I don't care where they play him on the ice. Trocheck is the guy most likely to come off PP1 if Kakko forces the issue. GG isn't taking off anyone else. 

Mostly an aside since the points haven't come yet, but Kravtsov is starting to look more comfortable on the team and actually making some plays. His zone entries have gotten better, making some skilled moves we've rarely if ever seen from guys like Laf. I think if he puts up 15-20 points this year it'll be nice, and next year might see another step to even more. There's a player in there.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2
  • Believe 2

10 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Mostly an aside since the points haven't come yet, but Kravtsov is starting to look more comfortable on the team and actually making some plays. His zone entries have gotten better, making some skilled moves we've rarely if ever seen from guys like Laf. I think if he puts up 15-20 points this year it'll be nice, and next year might see another step to even more. There's a player in there.

Was thinking this last game. He is starting to acclimate. If only he could put on 10-20 pounds, he may just not get juiced every time he gets hit!

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I agree, my man!!  I'm seeing the player in him starting to come out.  I think if he bulks up over the summer a little, and possibly tacks on about 10-15 pounds of muscle, we might have ourselves a beast in the making!!!

1 minute ago, jsm7302 said:

Was thinking this last game. He is starting to acclimate. If only he could put on 10-20 pounds, he may just not get juiced every time he gets hit!

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I agree, my man!!  I'm seeing the player in him starting to come out.  I think if he bulks up over the summer a little, and possibly tacks on about 10-15 pounds of muscle, we might have ourselves a beast in the making!!!

Agreed on the bulking up, but he's gotta do it smartly. I remember Dubinsky bulked up in all the wrong ways and had an awful season one year with us.

• Keeps it 100 1

20 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Yup agreed. The biggest change I see in Kravtsov, and to a greater degree in Kakko recently, is that they seem to be adapting to the speed of the NHL. Which in turn has been allowing them to actually make sound/logical puck decisions out there and develop their hockey IQ, rather than being overwhelmed by the game and turning over the puck. Kakko especially you can see has really been looking a lot more comfortable with holding onto the puck that extra second and putting it in the right place for a teammate. Lafreniere on the other hand still doesn't seem to have the right stuff between the ears or hockey IQ out there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

There's no way you can tack on 10-15 pounds of muscle in one summer without steroids LOL. He's also 23 not 19, so his frame is probably going to be what it is. He needs to work on avoiding hits, not surviving them.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

There's no way you can tack on 10-15 pounds of muscle in one summer without steroids LOL. He's also 23 not 19, so his frame is probably going to be what it is. He needs to work on avoiding hits, not surviving them.

Wait....I can have him tag along with me for late night trips to the bar, then White Castle, and get him extra shots of Jagermeister....That would put on 15 lbs easy!

I'm not sure about the muscle part though!!    Beer muscles perhaps!!!  LOL

Edited by Ozzy
  • LOL 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Guess Chytil wasn’t demoted and it was an actual coaching move?

Who even believes this guy's bullshit anymore? Guy just says whatever he has to say so we doesn't have to give an actual answer. 

I'm already looking forward to him moving on. Hopefully there will be footage of him pulling out a Citibike in front of MSG. 

• LMFAO 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Who even believes this guy's bullshit anymore? Guy just says whatever he has to say so we doesn't have to give an actual answer. 

I'm already looking forward to him moving on. Hopefully there will be footage of him pulling out a Citibike in front of MSG. 

You’re just a Chytil hater bro

2 minutes ago, CBrowningPI said:

In the "event summary" on the NHL Gamecenter vs. CAR, it shows Trouba as a -3 even though he had a goal and assist and CAR only had 3 goals. Are they tabulating +/- differently or is it just another stat screwup? 

Both Trouba's goal and assist were on the PP.

• VINNY! 1

Both Trouba's goal and assist were on the PP.

Ohhhh. So no + if you're on the pp. Thanks Cash. That also explains why the Rangers team total was a -5 and CAR was a +5 which confused me as well.

Edited by CBrowningPI
  • VINNY! 1

1 hour ago, CBrowningPI said:

When the camera went to Chytil for his EN goal against CAR, I was thinking that he looked unusually pale, almost gray. Hopefully it passes quickly. His goal against Montreal was encouraging and he did have a little more jump to his game. 

I think he looked like he thought he fucked up and should have tried to get the puck to the fat kid. I'm glad he didn't. Bury that fucking puck and close the game any way possible.