• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

16 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I get his point, but if the problem is inconsistency I don’t think changing the lines after every loss is the right answer.

It's not even the changing of the lines that bothers me. It's the going back to the well and reuniting lines that have already not panned out.

Kreider Zibanejad and Kakko wasn't all that great for the decent amount of time they spent together. 

Panarin and Trochek just does not click. Now you're forcing Goodrow back onto that line?

The kid line was gaining some traction. When ever that happens Gallant really likes to pull the plug. 

Why is Goodrow or Vesey the defacto RW to slot up? Never Gauthier or Blais. Kravtsov has actually gotten some looks though.

Why aren't we seeing a line with Chytil and Kreider?

Trochek and Lafrenière? 

Trochek and Kakko? 

Trochek and Gauthier?

Zibanejad and Lafrenière?

Zibanejad and Gauthier?

If you're going to shake up the lines. Do something that you haven't already done. 

Heck. Fuck with the D pairings too. 

Gallant can be so frustrating with his lack of ingenuity.  He's quippy as fuck and is quick for some wise ass backpack. But to come up with inventive line combos? A new game plan? You get nothing from this guy. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

It's not even the changing of the lines that bothers me. It's the going back to the well and reuniting lines that have already not panned out.

Kreider Zibanejad and Kakko wasn't all that great for the decent amount of time they spent together. 

Panarin and Trochek just does not click. Now you're forcing Goodrow back onto that line?

The kid line was gaining some traction. When ever that happens Gallant really likes to pull the plug. 

Why is Goodrow or Vesey the defacto RW to slot up? Never Gauthier or Blais. Kravtsov has actually gotten some looks though.

Why aren't we seeing a line with Chytil and Kreider?

Trochek and Lafrenière? 

Trochek and Kakko? 

Trochek and Gauthier?

Zibanejad and Lafrenière?

Zibanejad and Gauthier?

If you're going to shake up the lines. Do something that you haven't already done. 

Heck. Fuck with the D pairings too. 

Gallant can be so frustrating with his lack of ingenuity.  He's quippy as fuck and is quick for some wise ass backpack. But to come up with inventive line combos? A new game plan? You get nothing from this guy. 

He legit had three lines that clicked And for the sake of an off night threw it all to the wind and went back to the drawing board. The kid line and the Kreids-Tro-Vesey line were firing well.

Put Gauthier on the RW with Panarin and Zib and see if his jump makes that line more productive. Gallant is like anti chemistry and if he truly thinks throwing some guys together who haven't practiced together is going to catch lightning in a bottle then I'm not sure we are going in the right direction for a championship.

Weathering a storm is part of leadership and a winning culture. Changing things constantly just makes guys unsure of themselves instead of working through dry spells, lapses, etc.

• Like 1

Seen this too many times before, it's pure panic. The constant line changing is the Hallmark of a coach who doesn't have a clue.

There were things that needed to be fixed when the team was winning, and he wouldn't fix them because the team is winning. But the minute the team loses, the only thing he could think to do is change the lines, because it has to be the players who are the problem.. it can't possibly be anything GG is or isn't doing... 

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Zero goals Sammy is back in!

I look forward to seeing Blais-Zib-Kreider go -2 with a cumulative 0 points tonight. 

Goodrow will anchor the shit out of that 2nd line and Chytil and kakko will be the players of the game with their 10 mins of ice time. 

• The Chyt! 1

2 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Zero goals Sammy is back in!

About time he was scratched especially after that travesty he committed on Tuesday night with his poor attitude rubbing off on the entire team, including the veterans, causing them to play like absolute dogshit. Serves him right to sit and watch from the press box and learn how to 'play a man's game'. 

• LMFAO 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I'm having a hard time trying to remember the last time a #1 overall pick was a healthy scratch.....other than Yukon.

I almost said Shane wright but I forgot Jeff Gorton always has super secret draft information and they took slafkovsky first. 

On 12/28/2022 at 1:29 PM, Cash or Czech said:

I'm really not happy about that last part about developing.  When 1/4 of your roster are young enough to be considered developing, you come off as a serious dipshit saying that.  

It's not like he has the bottom of the barrel to develop. Recent 1 and 2 OAs, 72, 74, 4 are all pretty damn good prospects, or at least they were. What team doesn't introduce youth into the lineup? He's making this situation way harder than it needs to be.  

This is why he goes with  Vesey, Hunt, Mckegg, Harpur, Tinordi,  Blais and other lesser talented players. He'd rather not put in a little time on prospects. He'd rather drag down lines with scrubs or vet muckers (Goodrow) than give an opportunity to a kid for any sustained time period. Vet mistakes for not being good enough are better than learning on the job mistakes in this guys perceived thoughts. 

He's half dinosaur half cheerleader. I think he may lose the room with a comment like that. I'm sure Drury isn't happy about it either. I think his seat just got hotter than it was (I don't think it was at all). 

I'm down on Lafrenière.  But benched? Like I've been saying.  I don't think the Lafrenière/Rangers relationship is going to end well when it's time for a new contract. It's probably rocky as it is and I don't fault the player. Not sure Lafrenière last the season here and that sucks. That's terrible. It's dumb. 

I'd think if Lafrenière outlasts Gallant this season, there's a chance he stays. Or maybe not.

Only the Rangers can ruin what should have been the perfect storm with these 2 picks and the solid drafting over the last 5 or so years. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Karan said:

About time he was scratched especially after that travesty he committed on Tuesday night with his poor attitude rubbing off on the entire team, including the veterans, causing them to play like absolute dogshit. Serves him right to sit and watch from the press box and learn how to 'play a man's game'. 

Yeah what a cunt

• LMFAO 1

I don’t see a benching doing much for Lafreniere. Maybe a little extra juice temporarily who knows. I think he needs at least a full offseason on the right program. He just hasn’t looked like he’s progressed physically at all. Still think it’s related to that and not what’s between his ears or his talent.

• Bullseye 2

20 hours ago, Pete said:

Seen this too many times before, it's pure panic. The constant line changing is the Hallmark of a coach who doesn't have a clue.

There were things that needed to be fixed when the team was winning, and he wouldn't fix them because the team is winning. But the minute the team loses, the only thing he could think to do is change the lines, because it has to be the players who are the problem.. it can't possibly be anything GG is or isn't doing... 

This goes back your point about no consistent defensive scheme to work in.

If GG is going to run a vanilla scheme everywhere but on the PP then the only tools he has to change things on the ice are the locker room peppers, the lines and the minutes he gives individual players.

Your players have to be very good to make the choices he has work.  If a player or two stops producing at their assigned level for any reason things start to break down.

21 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Diggin' me some Kakko lately!!!  I don't know what it is, but my eyes are glued to him when he gets the puck in the offensive zone.

I’ll tell you what it is. He’s producing. 5 goals 9 pts last 11 games.

A big balls move would get him on PP1, but Gallant won’t do it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I’ll tell you what it is. He’s producing. 5 goals 9 pts last 11 games.

A big balls move would get him on PP1, but Gallant won’t do it.

Tough to find a spot for him with that first group.  I like that GG's giving them some time on PP2 now...well, they were...I would like to see Kakko/Laffy/Chytil with K'Andre QB'ing the point instead of Trouba.  Maybe for the 5th guy, add some size like a Kreider type and go with Gauthier in front of the net.

@The Dude would dig that!!  ..and I'd really like to see if Gauthier could be THAT guy. 

That would give us a relentless 2 PP minutes and can help gain or swing momentum in games where we need it.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Tough to find a spot for him with that first group.  I like that GG's giving them some time on PP2 now...well, they were...I would like to see Kakko/Laffy/Chytil with K'Andre QB'ing the point instead of Trouba.  Maybe for the 5th guy, add some size like a Kreider type and go with Gauthier in front of the net.

@The Dude would dig that!!  ..and I'd really like to see if Gauthier could be THAT guy. 

That would give us a relentless 2 PP minutes and can help gain or swing momentum in games where we need it.

Take Trocheck off. They don't need another right handed shot and Kakko gives you a better look in the bumper and down to the goal line.

Or give the 2nd Unit real minutes. 

• Keeps it 100 1