• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

3 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

He trusts Goodrow and is going to play him 15-17 a night. More if he needs too. 
Personally, while I think Goodrow is a very good hockey player that I trust and I’m very comfortable with him out there, if he’s getting played above 15, he needs to be used very specifically. Especially later in games.

Yet another issue with Gallant, who he plays, and how, when, and where he plays who he has. 

This team needs some form of system, a structure to lean and fall back on, a solution to playing with a lead, particularly late in games, and better utilization of personnel in terms of how they’re specifically deployed.

If Goodrow and Blais are on your 4th line, you’re in good shape.

Blais has played 25 games after not playing hockey for 10+months. He’s playing plus hockey in 10 minutes a night, not playing with any light the world on fire players offensively, zero PP time, plays with physicality, doesn’t make awful mistakes, and doesn’t take penalties. 
He’s fine. I’m more concerned with where Blais is in 3-4 months than now. 

I’ll agree that I’d like to see Goodrow and Blais on the 4th line full-time, with a spark plug guy. That would be great if they could find the right guy. 

Goodrow is an important player to this team. pk, important faceoffs, finishing out 1 goal victories, playoff hockey… but we need him to be healthy when it’s most important. Limit his minutes now, when possible. Keep him healthy and fresh for those important times in the game when he’s clutch and at the end of the season when games are important. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, josh said:

Goodrow is an important player to this team. pk, important faceoffs, finishing out 1 goal victories, playoff hockey… but we need him to be healthy when it’s most important. Limit his minutes now, when possible. Keep him healthy and fresh for those important times in the game when he’s clutch and at the end of the season when games are important. 

My feeling too. 

He’s actually played him less this year. Below 15 minutes in half his games. 
I just don’t love seeing him in the top-6. He’s played him too much up there over his first 100+ games as a Ranger. Though he seems to be backing off the throttle some on that

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

If you’re saying Goody should be the staple on line 4, I totally agree. 
And I think Cuylle could get a shot.

Small sample as a Pro. But he’s looked like he’ll be a pro

I disagree that Rooney is a bad hockey player.

Hes what he is 

A cheap, somewhat versatile, 12/13/14 in cap crunch NHL. 

He’s a serviceable player.

Im ok with a look at Rydahl or Henrikksen too

Yea I guess Rooney at league minimum is fine. At twice that... Take a walk. 

2 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Our 5v5 goal leaders through 30 games:

9- Chris Kreider

6 - Kaapo Kakko, Filip Chytil, Adam Fox, Barclay Goodrow

5 - Alexis Lafreniere, Artemi Panarin

4 - Braden Schneider, Julien Gauthier, Mika Zibanejad, Vincent Trocheck

We should really stop “trading Chris Kreider” as a cap solution in the next couple of years.

Edited by rmc51
  • Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

15 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Our 5v5 goal leaders through 30 games:

9- Chris Kreider

6 - Kaapo Kakko, Filip Chytil, Adam Fox, Barclay Goodrow

5 - Alexis Lafreniere, Artemi Panarin

Where you pulling the stats from, homie?

Kreider has 5 goals at 5v5, but 9 ES goals. One came in OT 3v3, the rest were at 4v4.

33 minutes ago, Pete said:

Where you pulling the stats from, homie?

Kreider has 5 goals at 5v5, but 9 ES goals. One came in OT 3v3, the rest were at 4v4.

So he has 3 goals 4v4? That's kinda impressive lol.

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

This is worrisome. Our top 6 centers has as many EV goals as our 6th D and 13F...

6 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

My ass, apparently. Yup, you're right. Was using NHL.com and my brain decided ES = 5v5. Will edit to reflect, thank you.

All good, was just thinking it didn't add up so a checked moneypuck and natural stat trick to verify.

5v5 is just a different beast that the team, to a man, hasn't truly figured out.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Just send Krav back to KHL.  NYR are not interested in developing players, just interested in playing Vesey and Goodrow.  Pathetic.

im fucking pissed

And nobody can say that the Rangers have to roll the lineup they've been putting out there just because they are winning games since Kravtsov was in the lineup when they beat St. Louis to kick off the streak. So Gallant will take him out of the lineup after a win, but sure as shit can't take Blais or Vesey out of the lineup...................................

• Like 3
  • Bullseye 1
  • The Chyt! 1

4 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

And nobody can say that the Rangers have to roll the lineup they've been putting out there just because they are winning games since Kravtsov was in the lineup when they beat St. Louis to kick off the streak. So Gallant will take him out of the lineup after a win, but sure as shit can't take Blais or Vesey out of the lineup...................................

hey E=MC2, want to become a Devils' fan with me?  NYR organization is a fucking loser with no end in sight. 

The team is constructed poorly.  That's the only way to look at the problems at 5v5 the last couple of years when the Rangers talent looks much better than that.

My opinion, which will undoubtedly be shat on, is that the Rangers key problem is they're not tough enough on the ice in a natural way.  This is why we keep getting people like Goodrow forced up in the top 6 when their natural role would be 3rd or 4th line.  It's why the Rangers seem soft in front of their own goal.

To avoid absolutely being shat upon I will not mention the player who most epitomizes this soft non-defensive NFL play style because you know it's not like other players look at him and try to emulate him...

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

The team is constructed poorly.  That's the only way to look at the problems at 5v5 the last couple of years when the Rangers talent looks much better than that.

My opinion, which will undoubtedly be shat on, is that the Rangers key problem is they're not tough enough on the ice in a natural way.  This is why we keep getting people like Goodrow forced up in the top 6 when their natural role would be 3rd or 4th line.  It's why the Rangers seem soft in front of their own goal.

To avoid absolutely being shat upon I will not mention the player who most epitomizes this soft non-defensive NFL play style because you know it's not like other players look at him and try to emulate him...

I get what you're saying. Boston is a prime example of a team that plays HEAVY and tough this year. We play kind of light hearted comparatively. Hits, getting in lanes, etc are key examples of gameplans/plays that make teams "tough".

I think at the end of the day, we can make the playoffs but unless we figure something out; it'll be a first round ouster.

But hopefully not.