• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I mean, I get it. This is an actuality versus potentiality argument, to me. Kravtsov still exists in potentiality, so fans are going to want to see him play in the hopes it translates (even though it hasn't yet). Vesey and whoever else exist in actuality. They leave plenty to be desired, but if you're a head coach, you know what you're getting with them, even if it never moves the needle. So I can't really blame an NHL head coach for defaulting to the guys he knows he can count on to grind over the guy he has no idea what he's getting from.

Sorry but I don't understand that logic.  It's not working.  The team is a joke 5 on 5.  They can't defend and they can't score.  There is no urgency within the room.   I have far less of a problem with him saying Kravtsov isn't the guy but then call someone up who seems to want the opportunity and is willing to show that desire when he plays. Is there anybody here who couldn't be served a message with a night off?  Take your pick.  Pick a name out of a hat for christ's sake.  The bottom 6 isn't were I'd be scratching a player from, they aren't the problem.  

22 minutes ago, cupalife said:

Sorry but I don't understand that logic.  It's not working.  The team is a joke 5 on 5.  They can't defend and they can't score.  There is no urgency within the room.   I have far less of a problem with him saying Kravtsov isn't the guy but then call someone up who seems to want the opportunity and is willing to show that desire when he plays. Is there anybody here who couldn't be served a message with a night off?  Take your pick.  Pick a name out of a hat for christ's sake.  The bottom 6 isn't were I'd be scratching a player from, they aren't the problem.  

And it's a joke when Kravtsov plays, too. Smaller sample size, sure, but he's done nothing in his NHL tenure thus far.

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

And it's a joke when Kravtsov plays, too. Smaller sample size, sure, but he's done nothing in his NHL tenure thus far.

Right, and frankly the fancy stats say Vesey is reliable. His analytics say he's reliable, he's not giving you much but he's not giving up much either.

Goodrow on the other hand...woof.

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Right, and frankly the fancy stats say Vesey is reliable. His analytics say he's reliable, he's not giving you much but he's not giving up much either.

Goodrow on the other hand...woof.

Vesey looks solid to me just visually. He works hard and gets to the right spots. Seeing him on the ice at the same time as Kreider, I wish Kreider worked half as hard.  Vesey hunts loose pucks. Kreider drifts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cupalife said:

Two guys down in the A could get a look in Kravtsovs spot. Brodzinski who always skates his ass off when given the chance and Pajuniemi who could be diamond in the rough upon an opportunity. 

12 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Two guys down in the A could get a look in Kravtsovs spot. Brodzinski who always skates his ass off when given the chance and Pajuniemi who could be diamond in the rough upon an opportunity. 

For the bottom 6 I'd be looking at Cullye over Puj. 

43 minutes ago, siddious said:

How’s he been in Hartford? 7pts in 17 games doesn’t scream call me up 

It does if you're calling up a bottom six forward from Hartford to play in the bottom six forwards on the Rangers. 

Puj isn't helping your third line. 

56 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Good morning. It’s a new day and gallant is still the coach of the New York rangers to my surprise 

1pm announcement. Mark Messier will be assuming head coaching duties of the NYR. He will be stripping Trouba of the C and afixing it upon his suits behind the bench.

• LMFAO 2
  • JIMMY! 1

Kravtsov has shown absolutely nothing to warrant being in the lineup. And obviously we’re not privy to everything going on behind the scenes. Definitely a weird situation.

That being said, I don’t see why you wouldn’t insert him in the lineup here at some point. You can’t tell me putting him in and slotting him in the Top-6, while sliding maybe Vesey down in the lineup and scratching Blais, who literally does nothing, isn’t worth at least a look. Even if it’s just for a game or 2 just to see if the kid can be some type of spark.

Again, unless they’re not playing him for other reasons, such as a potential trade? Who knows?

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Kravtsov has shown absolutely nothing to warrant being in the lineup. And obviously we’re not privy to everything going on behind the scenes. Definitely a weird situation.

That being said, I don’t see why you wouldn’t insert him in the lineup here at some point. You can’t tell me putting him in and slotting him in the Top-6, while sliding maybe Vesey down in the lineup and scratching Blais, who literally does nothing, isn’t worth at least a look. Even if it’s just for a game or 2 just to see if the kid can be some type of spark.

Again, unless they’re not playing him for other reasons, such as a potential trade? Who knows?

half the guys dressed have shown nothing to warrant being in the lineup.

Risk/reward to play him seems clear.

I'd get him away from Panarin, though. Put him on Lafreniere's wing.

• Like 2