• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

13 minutes ago, -ERIK- said:

I actually thought Panarin and Laf looked good together early on in season,trochek just wasn't meshing with them. I wouldn't mind seeing those lines above, and I would love to see the second PP unit get the start on a couple PP's.

Clayton Keller Hockey GIF by NHL on NBC Sports

On 11/26/2022 at 8:14 AM, Pete said:

Agree. The Rangers are at a point where what has been working, is no longer. So don't go to the well, go for something new, which this lineup kinda is. 

AFAIC I'd be trying players who've never really played together. 

Lafreniere Zib Kravtsov

Panarin Chytil Gauthier

Kreider Trochek Kakko

Goodrow Carpenter Vesey 

Gallant keeps shaking up the lines but the combos aren’t really all that different.

id like to see this for a game or three^.

I actually think that 3rd line could do some damage.

And I’m skeptical about the first (but generally I’m kind of over zibanajad so maybe that’s why)- but it doesn’t hurt to try something different. 

nezt step is to bench all 3 stars and bring up brozinksi 

• Like 1

Another thing to work on in practice: Be that team  it’s difficult to play against. You know, some team identity. They talked about that last season. And showed it at the beginning of the season. But the toughness waned. This year it’s gone. Almost time for the locker room staff to hang skirts and panties in the player’s cubicles. Farg! Bring back the Tampax and Kotex dispensers in the bathroom!! I’m so pissed at this team today. 

Edited by 4EverRangerFrank

GG may have a mental stop going at this point.  He's formed really strong opinions about a few of the players that prevents him from really shaking things up.

If he's decided that Kreider and Zibanejad have to play together then that decision informs any shakeup he makes in the top 6.

Similarly if he has decided that Fox and Lindgren complement each other very well that causes him to maybe overlook necessary shakeups on the blueline.

5 minutes ago, Br4d said:

GG may have a mental stop going at this point.  He's formed really strong opinions about a few of the players that prevents him from really shaking things up.

If he's decided that Kreider and Zibanejad have to play together then that decision informs any shakeup he makes in the top 6.

Similarly if he has decided that Fox and Lindgren complement each other very well that causes him to maybe overlook necessary shakeups on the blueline.

They don't need a shakeup. 

They just need a plan, a system, a thematic, an identity for the way they want to defend. 

They have nothing right now, just GG saying "they have to figure it out". 

• Like 1

I think we can be fairly confident that zib-kreid doesnt work well enough, or consistently enough without a real player on the rw ala zucc, buch...and vesey is definitely not that guy. Panarin maybe, if he can suck it up and play on the off wing...and elevate his game. Otherwise, would love to see laf in a top 6 role IN HIS NATURAL F'N POSITION.

Edited by Jdog99

8 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

I think we can be fairly confident that zib-kreid doesnt work well enough, or consistently enough without a real player on the rw ala zucc, buch...and vesey is definitely not that guy. Panarin maybe, if he can suck it up and play on the off wing...and elevate his game. Otherwise, would love to see laf in a top 6 role IN HIS NATURAL F'N POSITION.

To make this happen either Panarin or Kreider needs to move to RW.  I think we saw this some the last couple of games.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

So then with Gauthier? 

He's putting up points as a 4th liner. I think he fits anywhere and with anyone. I'd rather see him get the opportunities Goodrow consistently gets. But I also think he may be finding his nitch as a 4th liner. 

Even you can't deny, he's been playing well.

4 hours ago, Br4d said:

To make this happen either Panarin or Kreider needs to move to RW.  I think we saw this some the last couple of games.

Great...im happy to have laf bump either one of those guys if necessary (think panarin would do better). Old news, but its really ridiculous to have f'd with such a primier draft talent the way the rangers have with laf...especially when the team is not even winning. 

3 hours ago, Jdog99 said:

Great...im happy to have laf bump either one of those guys if necessary (think panarin would do better). Old news, but its really ridiculous to have f'd with such a primier draft talent the way the rangers have with laf...especially when the team is not even winning. 

What talent did they fuck with? He had plenty of time on the left and he's never been the best player on his line, ever, in his entire career. Think about that. 

Forget what wing he's on, as far as #1 overalls go, he's not even in Yakupov territory. 

7 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

What a joke. He likes the lineup after these two last games? How the fuck is that possible?

Yep. Maybe bench one of the top 6 or 9 forwards who are sucking and send a message to them? 

Dislike GG more and more each time he speaks.

28 minutes ago, Phil said:

I mean, Kravtsov stinks. I get that a lot of you still think there's something there, but I've yet to see it. I've been ready to move on from Gallant for a while now, but this isn't one I'm really holding against him.

Fair enough except for the part where he says "who am I supposed to take out of the lineup"....as if we're firing on all cylinders. 

Just a strange choice of words for a frustrated fan base. 

• Like 1

I mean, I get it. This is an actuality versus potentiality argument, to me. Kravtsov still exists in potentiality, so fans are going to want to see him play in the hopes it translates (even though it hasn't yet). Vesey and whoever else exist in actuality. They leave plenty to be desired, but if you're a head coach, you know what you're getting with them, even if it never moves the needle. So I can't really blame an NHL head coach for defaulting to the guys he knows he can count on to grind over the guy he has no idea what he's getting from.