• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

10 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Goodrow and Vesey. They actually weren't horrible. Able to get the cycle going and control the puck down low for periods of time.

Great so they looked decent. Does Chytil take Goodrows spot or Trocheks upon return? Personally I'm putting him with Bread and Krav and putting Tro between Vesey and Kreider. But I've been reiterating that ad nauseum for a couple of days now. Hoping these guys can figure it out.

7 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Great so they looked decent. Does Chytil take Goodrows spot or Trocheks upon return? Personally I'm putting him with Bread and Krav and putting Tro between Vesey and Kreider. But I've been reiterating that ad nauseum for a couple of days now. Hoping these guys can figure it out.

That's my initial question too. Where does Chytil fit? Trocheck had a nice tip on Panarin's shot, but I think style-wise he'd do really well with Kreider and Vesey/Goodrow on the wing. Probably Vesey, because they'd need Goodrow to center the 4th line between Blais and Gauthier. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

Vesey out of top 6, then the teams energy changes and they score some goals.

Just saying...... They were playing like shit since Vesey secured the top RW spot. Got better instantly once he was put where he belongs. But totally a coincidence.  

There's not really any factual data to support this claim. We can make the argument that he was only in the top six because they were playing like shit. 

And I don't know what you mean by him being put where he belongs or being dropped out of the top six. Goodrow and Zib flipped wingers. By this logic  we can make the claim that Kreider out of the top 6 was the key.

it's chicken and egg...In reality, the key was Binnington stinks. 

Edited by Pete

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

There's not really any factual data to support this claim. We can make the argument that he was only in the top six because they were playing like shit. 

And I don't know what you mean by him being put where he belongs or being dropped out of the top six. Goodrow and Zib flipped wingers. By this logic  we can make the claim that Kreider out of the top 6 was the key.

Binnington has been league average or below over the last 3+ seasons, since he had that excellent showing as a rookie. 

It takes a while for the league to gain familiarity and develop a true and comprehensive scouting report.

Matt Murray was similar in a way. Over 16-17, and 17-18, he was excellent in regular season and playoffs for them. He’s been about average or below since, never touching that level of play again. He was great for about 14-15 months. 

Binnington was garbage, and St Louis has a very similar defensive style to the Rangers of keeping guys to the outside. Well they blew coverage and let guys open for deflections in the slot. They gave up a shorty to Kreider, and Binnington let in two or three goals straight from the point. Trocheck and Lafreniere had the deflection goals.

Need to see it for more than a period to call it a theme or trend.

On 12/7/2022 at 7:28 AM, Pete said:

As does Vesey. That's the biggest reality. 

The process of elimination isn't very hard here. 

50 goal scorer who has had tremendous chemistry with Zibanejad for a few years. 

PTO guy who hasn't sustained any chemistry with anyone anywhere since maybe 2019.

One of these players doesn't belong with Zibanejad. Or in the top 6. 

But yeah, removing the 50 goal scorer from the top 6 is more likely the reason that the team looks much better. Attitude and all. 

The teams abysmal play and moping attitude STARTED when Vesey was pushed up the lineup. 

It looks to have reversed itself immediately after he was put back WHERE HE BELONGS, in the bottom 6. 

2 hours ago, josh said:

Been saying this for a year and a half now. 

4th line banger/agitator is what he's best and most effective at. He's so much better when he plays that style. He needs to walk that line of Avery-like douche baggery for him to not be considered an overpaid PK expert.  

Dunno if anyone noticed the extra hand to the face of Kolesar as they were separated after the fight last night (which I think he did surprisingly well in).  Just pushing buttons and pissing people off. That's the guy I thought we gave a ridiculous contract to. That's hard to play against.  

2 hours ago, josh said:

Been saying this for a year and a half now. 

4th line banger/agitator is what he's best and most effective at. He's so much better when he plays that style. He needs to walk that line of Avery-like douche baggery for him to not be considered an overpaid PK expert.  

Dunno if anyone noticed the extra hand to the face of Kolesar as they were separated after the fight last night (which I think he did surprisingly well in).  Just pushing buttons and pissing people off. That's the guy I thought we gave a ridiculous contract to. That's hard to play against.