• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

10 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I want to see a video of him hitting the weights.  Then I'll be impressed!

He's fine.  It's not a strength issue.  I don't want to rehash the arguments of lost time in North America, but that's where the issue lies.  He just needs to stay healthy and get reps.

He's 6'3" 186.

Elhers: 6' 172

Panarin: 6' 173

Hischier: 6'1" 175

Petterson: 6'2" 176

There are over 130 NHL players that weigh less than him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

Possible he was dealing with some nagging injures during camp?  

Hopefully he buries a Panarin feed tonight.

The feeds he was missing last time were cross ice from Panarini where the timing would be much more difficult, they probably gave up on that and put a different guy way closer on the same side of the ice making it much easier.

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

He's fine.  It's not a strength issue.  I don't want to rehash the arguments of lost time in North America, but that's where the issue lies.  He just needs to stay healthy and get reps.

He's 6'3" 186.

Elhers: 6' 172

Panarin: 6' 173

Hischier: 6'1" 175

Petterson: 6'2" 176

There are over 130 NHL players that weigh less than him.

You're giving weight numbers when I'm talking strength.  I'm talking about the way he bounces off players when there's contact.  He might have the size but he needs to get stronger.  

Dude needs to play heavier aka NA style hockey. He will get it. Look how long it took Kakko to figure it out. Not gunna be this year fellas. Gunna be a year or two. He probably gets why he should've stayed here last year instead of heading home. Time. That's all it will take.

38 minutes ago, Kevin said:

You're giving weight numbers when I'm talking strength.  I'm talking about the way he bounces off players when there's contact.  He might have the size but he needs to get stronger.  

It's not a strength issue.  It's adjusting to a more physical style of play.  Being ready to absorb the contact.  Getting lower.

3 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Dude needs to play heavier aka NA style hockey. He will get it. Look how long it took Kakko to figure it out. Not gunna be this year fellas. Gunna be a year or two. He probably gets why he should've stayed here last year instead of heading home. Time. That's all it will take.

I think by Christmas he will be the bees knees around here. He's not far off. Just needs to stay healthy.  

On 11/14/2022 at 3:18 PM, jsm7302 said:

Dude was getting flamed on here last week and now makes third star. We gotta give our stars a break once in a while when the team isn't getting it done. Go get em foxy!!!!

I wouldn't say flamed. Just requested he do more running of the offense. And he has. 

Win/win. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I wouldn't say flamed. Just requested he do more running of the offense. And he has. 

Win/win. 

Vally had an entire segment talking about Fox not being productive. He was really bad for those several games. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cupalife said:

I guess you're not supposed to talk about Rangers hockey on a Rangers hockey forum.  Unless it's positive of course which is hard when the team goes into a slump.

Just because people didn't agree with your take on Panarin doesn't mean you can't talk negatively about the Rangers here. At times it feels like it's the only thing we're doing. The team have started bad, that's why we have one thread about potentially firing the coach, one about getting rid of Reaves because we need the cap, one about trading Panarin(lol) and one thread about how the bottom 6 sucks. We've talked about how the team needs more from Shesterkin, Fox, Trouba, Mika (espeically 5v5) and Kreider. We've talked about how the 3rd pair of Jones - Schneider has not been good enough.

If all you want to do is bash on the players there's probably better places to go(twitter), but if you want honest and in-depth discussions and conversations about the Rangers, you've come to the right place!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Applause 2
  • Believe 1

On 11/16/2022 at 6:37 AM, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Just because people didn't agree with your take on Panarin doesn't mean you can't talk negatively about the Rangers here. At times it feels like it's the only thing we're doing. The team have started bad, that's why we have one thread about potentially firing the coach, one about getting rid of Reaves because we need the cap, one about trading Panarin(lol) and one thread about how the bottom 6 sucks. We've talked about how the team needs more from Shesterkin, Fox, Trouba, Mika (espeically 5v5) and Kreider. We've talked about how the 3rd pair of Jones - Schneider has not been good enough.

If all you want to do is bash on the players there's probably better places to go(twitter), but if you want honest and in-depth discussions and conversations about the Rangers, you've come to the right place!

I think the response was to the fact that people rightly were calling Fox's game into question, being it's a Rangers forum, at the time.  Since than he's picked his game up and now there are those who want to make believe like he didn't;t have struggles.  It's ok to talk about negatives here and not be the enemy of the Rangers or their fans.  Being the Rangers best player makes him even more open to criticism not less.  When he struggles those struggles become more obvious because of how important he is to the team's success

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I think it's more because some people don't understand that there is a difference between a bad hockey player, and a player playing some bad hockey.

I guess but people on here tend not to allow for either conversation when it comes to a guy like Fox.  Fox was playing bad hockey for him.  Points aside.  Panarin, Mika, Kreider, and Trouba have all struggled this year.  That doesn't make them bad players but ignoring that reality isn't a logical take either.  The constant drum beat on this forum anyway is that the Rangers problems are the bottom 6.  The bottom 6 is a problem but why? It's a problem because it was built to be a problem.  This team is constructed as a top heavy team.  There is big money throughout paid to stars.  That left kids and misfits to fill out the bottom 6.  The stars are not performing.  They get their points on the power play but they are getting worked 5 on 5.  The problem with this team is the top 6, structure and desire.  Intensity is not Panarin, Kreider, Mika, Fox's strong suit.  None of them are going to mixed up for guys skating through a brick wall to win a game.  They are all passive players.  Highly skilled but extremely passive.  The only big money leader on this team that plays with emotion and grit is Trouba.  Yet he does so without hockey sense in a lot of ways.  This team is a reflection of their stars, like any team really.  They are skilled but they are unwilling/unable to out work or out will anybody.  Going to the net, playing tough defense, getting second chances, forechecking/backchecking, protecting their net, etc are all things that don't require elite skill yet they are all things this team does not do.  You cannot rely on your bottom 6 to be your only source of these things.  It has to be a complete team effort.  Those deficiencies are a direct reflection of the leaders on this team.  Some of them have to go.  It's just a bad mix

• Like 2
  • The Chyt! 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1