• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

our pair with the lowest expectations is the only pair on the sheet and they fall behind all three on the fucking Devils?  What's that tell you how bad we've been, how pretty useless this stat is or how incredibly good the Devils are? 

26 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

our pair with the lowest expectations is the only pair on the sheet and they fall behind all three on the fucking Devils?  What's that tell you how bad we've been, how pretty useless this stat is or how incredibly good the Devils are? 

It's the bolded.

• Cheers 1

At this point, I would go back to the basics.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Vesey

Panarin-Trocheck-Kravtsov

Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko

Blais-Goodrow-Reaves

Reunite the kids. Give Panarin the responsibility of trying to get Kravtsov going. Give Zibanejad and Kreider someone who is a workman like winger. Keep the 4th line basically as is. And I guess see what happens.

Just me though. If Gauthier is healthy, maybe flip him out with Vesey and bump Vesey down to 4th line in place of Reaves.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Vesey

Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko

Blais-Goodrow-Reaves

Reunite the kids. Give Panarin the responsibility of trying to get Kravtsov going. Give Zibanejad and Kreider someone who is a workman like winger. Keep the 4th line basically as is. And I guess see what happens.

Just me though. If Gauthier is healthy, maybe flip him out with Vesey and bump Vesey down to 4th line in place of Reaves.

With no changes to roster or coaching...I agree. Replace Reaves with Gauthier and just run this roster for a week. Let's see what happens.

3 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Vesey

Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko

Blais-Goodrow-Reaves

this team is clearly lacking a top 6 guy and one or two bottom 6 guys. Run this and hope you make the playoffs then try and address it at the deadline. 

3 hours ago, siddious said:

this team is clearly lacking a top 6 guy and one or two bottom 6 guys. Run this and hope you make the playoffs then try and address it at the deadline. 

What really isn’t helping is the fact we assumed Kravtsov would pick up some of the slack scoring wise. And the reality is, I just don’t think there is much there sadly. I don’t see this kid having much of a shelf life in this league. It was a swing by Gordie Clark to select him, and it just doesn’t look like it’s going to pan out.

12 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

What really isn’t helping is the fact we assumed Kravtsov would pick up some of the slack scoring wise. And the reality is, I just don’t think there is much there sadly. I don’t see this kid having much of a shelf life in this league. It was a swing by Gordie Clark to select him, and it just doesn’t look like it’s going to pan out.

It’s just a project player on a team that should be competing. It doesn’t work. Hopefully they can trade him for some assets.

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

I would give the kid line more ES minutes than the top 2 lines here and see what happens.

Not sure if it’s a tremendous boost but I’m all for bringing up rydahl to play with Blais and Goodie.  He seems to be adjusting to the smaller rink and has got on the score sheet more frequently lately.

8 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Vesey

Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko

Blais-Goodrow-Reaves

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1

5 hours ago, siddious said:

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

1 hour ago, siddious said:

It’s just a project player on a team that should be competing. It doesn’t work. Hopefully they can trade him for some assets.

Yes, so this makes two guys who don't belong in the top six with he and Vesey. 

I would guess Reaves has some kind of injury, as a GG guy I don't see him falling off the map entirely this early in the season when there's so much junk already in the mix.

19 minutes ago, CCCP said:

thats's great but what about the porous defense?

Can only do so much with the six bodies you have. We gonna put together Jones-Fox, Miller-Schneider, and Hajek-Trouba? Sounds even more calamitous. And no cap space for a trade, nor would I throw another rookie to the fire like Robertson because there's no way they're better than what we have.

1 minute ago, Cash or Czech said:

Can only do so much with the six bodies you have. We gonna put together Jones-Fox, Miller-Schneider, and Hajek-Trouba? Sounds even more calamitous. And no cap space for a trade, nor would I throw another rookie to the fire like Robertson because there's no way they're better than what we have.

Can change the system.  One-on-one defense isnt working.  Zone defense is probably a better option