• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

1 hour ago, CBrowningPI said:

Ohhhh. So no + if you're on the pp. Thanks Cash. That also explains why the Rangers team total was a -5 and CAR was a +5 which confused me as well.

While this is correct,  I really do question the stat tabulaors. Like the other night when Schneider blew up that guy in Florida, and he was listed as having 0 hits that night. Nevermind the ridiculous amount of hits Lafrenière has credit for. 4 last night? I think he was on the ice for like 3 shifts. 

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

While this is correct,  I really do question the stat tabulaors. Like the other night when Schneider blew up that guy in Florida, and he was listed as having 0 hits that night. Nevermind the ridiculous amount of hits Lafrenière has credit for. 4 last night? I think he was on the ice for like 3 shifts. 

its almost as if, idk, youre watching with a bias and a motive.

I thought Yukon Cornelius had a superb game last night!!! 

• He tied his skates superbly
  • His jersey was on nice and straight
  • His beard was trimmed very neatly
  • Stood very still during the anthems
  • Got over the boards on line changes without falling
  • Drank his water from the bottle without spilling any
  • He didn't drop his stick at all
  • He didn't trip over the blue line

You guys look for too much in this kid!!  It's the little things that count here!!!  LOL

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 2
  • The Chyt! 1
  • Applause 1

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I thought Yukon Cornelius had a superb game last night!!! 

• He tied his skates superbly
  • His jersey was on nice and straight
  • His beard was trimmed very neatly
  • Stood very still during the anthems
  • Got over the boards on line changes without falling
  • Drank his water from the bottle without spilling any
  • He didn't drop his stick at all
  • He didn't trip over the blue line

You guys look for too much in this kid!!  It's the little things that count here!!!  LOL

It’s a lot less depressing when you make fun of the kid Ozzy. Come to the dark side. 

• VINNY! 1

12 minutes ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

Is is just me or has Kravtsov started to look like a marginal NHL player?

He's got some of the best metrics on the team. I've been impressed with his game personally. He's got confidence with the puck on his stuck, and he believes in his ability to make moves and try things. He's been excellent defensively. Production will follow suit.

I don't really want to see him go, but I think he's going to be playing his way off the team for Kane (such that Chicago will want him).

Edited by rmc51
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

He's got some of the best metrics on the team. I've been impressed with his game personally. He's got confidence with the puck on his stuck, and he believes in his ability to make moves and try things. He's been excellent defensively. Production will follow suit.

I don't really want to see him go, but I think he's going to be playing his way off the team for Kane (such that Chicago will want him).

To me hopefully he does continue to develop. It would be nice to swap him out for a rental like Kane rather than one of our first rounders(definitely not both). 

Past Othmann, Garand, Jones and maybe Cullyle the cupboard is looking kind of bare. We definitely need to be drafting defensive depth for the inevitable exit of Trouba and Lingdren's likely physical breakdown.  

3 hours ago, josh said:

its almost as if, idk, youre watching with a bias and a motive.

Or I'm watching the game. Again  Schneider against Florida. He put that guy on his ass infont of the net, right before he assisted on the goal. How is THAT not a hit registered as a stat? 

Yet little coincidental bumps from Lafrenière get put down as hits. Can you seriously tell me one hit you remember from him in the Montreal game? Or this season? 

The only bias I have is that Lafrenière fucking sucks right now. Bad. Like should be scratched again. He's invisible.  Atleast Gauthier can say he draws penalties and gets good scoring opportunities.  That's the 4th line guy that supposedly disappears for a month. His job is questioned daily if he doesn’t score. Yet Lafrenière is a recent 1OA and a recent scratch.  Nothing. Invisible still. 

IDK. is he injured? Is he disgruntled? Is he just a fat fuck now? 

My motive is to figure out if the Rangers should continue on with the kid, or move him. If he were as productive as he SHOULD  be, or the least bit noticeable, I wouldn't care. In a contract year,  the 1OA generational talent looks the part of middling 3rd liner.  That's unacceptable. A scratch should have woke him up. It didn't.  Not in the least. 

I'm calling it like I see it. There's not enough effort, not enough "it" factor for me to be on board with seeing this player be extended.  I'm more excited to see his replacement. Othmann. A guy that will bring more to the table. 

2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Karlsson is having too insane of a season offensively. He’s got that Norris on lock. Pacing 107 points.

Yup, unfortunately he's got it locked so far after his insanely offensive season. But at this rate, Fox will definitely be a finalist especially since Makar/Josi haven't had spectacular seasons (by their usual standards). 

Edited by Karan

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

That's a Norris-winning player card right there.

He's just so freaking good.  The smarts that he has is just off the chart.  I feel lucky to get to see another prime Leetch-like player in my lifetime.  I don't know if I've ever felt the confidence in a player making the right play at the right time like I do with Fox.  Sometimes I'll see the puck go to a certain spot and in my head I'm like "chip it down the boards" but then I realize it's Fox and it's just "do whatever you want because it's going to work out for the better way more often than bad."

• Bullseye 1