• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Looks like Gus is coming back in.

Keep Jones in and start resting the other guys. Key can definitely use a break from Troubs 

• Keeps it 100 1

The only thing I like about this game is that they played Rage against the machine prior to a faceoff. I hate those communist fucks but the music is badass! 

• 'Merica! 1

1 hour ago, Dem said:

Boy that tightens shit up in the east huh?

This was almost a toss-up game for me, but I think I'm happier to solidify the 5 pt spread btw NYR and CAR, even if BOS stays only 1pt back for the conference. (Rooting for FLA on Saturday.)

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

If the Rangers go 2-2, Boston will need to win their final 4 games to finish ahead of us. If Rangers win Tuesday at UBS and Boston beats Carolina, we clinch Metro. Personally will root for Carolina to win along with us winning Tuesday. A Ranger win Tuesday along with a Boston loss puts us within a point of clinching a finish ahead of them and Carolina.

• Keeps it 100 1

39 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think Quick gets the nod for Tuesday, and we go from there.  I wanna bury them once and for all.

You may be right. Gives Igor Thursday and Saturday then Quick finishes up against Ottawa Monday. Believe I read playoffs would be starting up on the 20th so that would give Igor a nice little break until they begin.

• VINNY! 1

I'd definitely go Quick vs Ottawa as we don't need Igor's confidence rattled in the last game of the season by a team who only shows up when they're out of the race. 

• Keeps it 100 2

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I'd definitely go Quick vs Ottawa as we don't need Igor's confidence rattled in the last game of the season by a team who only shows up when they're out of the race. 

I think there is little to no doubt Quick will be in then. The other 3 games is my question as to which one you play Quick. I originally assumed Thursday vs. Philly but I rescind that. I think he goes tomorrow, Igor Thursday, Igor Saturday and then Quick last game. Gives Igor 2 more starts, and then a week off until the playoffs begin on the 20th, I believe.

Edited by RichieNextel305

7 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Do you think Quick plays in the playoffs at all? I could see him grabbing a start if we go up by two or three games in a series.

The best I can say is he might...if we're up 3-0 against a team, I'd have no problem putting him in there.

OR...

If god forbid Igor get's cold...again, I'm good putting him in there.

Either way, I have no issue putting Quick in net...the guy's a winner, also has been here and done it before...Twice, with 3 rings. 

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1