• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

16 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Other than Colorado the Rangers should win the rest of their remaining games.  No reason not to get on a roll to close out the season. 
Philly, Colorado, Arizona, Pittsburgh, NJ, Detroit, Montreal, Isles, Philly, Isles and Ottawa.  

I don't see why they can't finish strongly, but I wouldn't count on it. Philadelphia is competitive, Detroit is fighting for a spot, although may not get in after all. They never beat Montreal and the Islanders are always annoying. Hopefully they can get it done because Carolina just won't lose.

• TroCheckmark 1

Going forward Rangers play every other day for the rest of the season.  

PHI, @COL, @ARI, PIT, NJ, @DET, MTL, @NYI, PHI, NYI, OTT

Carolina 

@PIT, DET, @MTL, (4 DAYS OFF), BOS/WSH (Back To Back), CLB, @BOS, (2 Days Off), @STL, @CHI, @CLB

Going to be a dog fight until the end.  

• Believe 1

10 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Tampa beats Boston in regulation. So another day where we remain atop the entire league. Very nice.

...Ate 'em alive, Richie.  Tampa made them look like shit last night.  Boston had a hard time even getting across the red line! 

I want that President's Trophy.  We deserve it....

On 3/28/2024 at 8:08 AM, Sharpshooter said:

Given how good the conference (and league in general) is, the President's Trophy and best record would be a great team accomplishment. I'm not a believer in the trophy curse or anything. I'll gladly take the honor.

The trophy curse doesn't apply when everybody is bunched up together atop the standings.  It's not like any of the teams that won it this season would be over-confident going into the playoffs like Boston and Florida were the last two seasons.

51 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Igor stole that game

When he's on he does that a lot.

I think he's still the active all-time saves percentage leader at this point.

9 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The trophy curse doesn't apply when everybody is bunched up together atop the standings.  It's not like any of the teams that won it this season would be over-confident going into the playoffs like Boston and Florida were the last two seasons.

Correct. Boston was ridiculous last season.

6 minutes ago, Br4d said:

When he's on he does that a lot.

I think he's still the active all-time saves percentage leader at this point.

That’s what they’ll need to go anywhere in the playoffs. Colorado absolutely abused the Rangers with their speed last night.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

That’s what they’ll need to go anywhere in the playoffs. Colorado absolutely abused the Rangers with their speed last night.

There were a few instances where they looked hard to contain but I think abused is going a bit far.

theyre faster. Our depth is better. Our Igor is better. You win with what you have (as you said). I’ll take that over a 7 game series. 

• Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

Imagine how bad the matchup would have been if Laviolette had to cover Wheeler and Bonino's lack of speed?

10 hours ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Extra flavoring: Stopped that whole McKinnon streak too 🙂

I'm kind of sad about that to be honest. I think it would have been awesome for Mac to record a point in every home game. 

1 hour ago, siddious said:

There were a few instances where they looked hard to contain but I think abused is going a bit far.

theyre faster. Our depth is better. Our Igor is better. You win with what you have (as you said). I’ll take that over a 7 game series. 

Agreed. I saw one player abuse them with speed, and it's the same player who abuses the entire league.

• Bullseye 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Agreed. I saw one player abuse them with speed, and it's the same player who abuses the entire league.

They played them very well defensively for 2 periods and the game really opened up in the 3rd.

It had opened up in the 2nd but I thought they did a better job. 

51 minutes ago, Pete said:

He is incredible. Him and McDavid are a blast to watch.  How would you compare them to Crosby/Ovi of the past generation?

1 minute ago, jsm7302 said:

He is incredible. Him and McDavid are a blast to watch.  How would you compare them to Crosby/Ovi of the past generation?

The thing about McDavid and MacKinnon is that they do everything at a high rate of speed which is different from Crosby who typically slows the game down. I think Ovi used to play a lot like MacKinnon does, but as he got older and lost his wheels, he turned in to more of a one-trick pony with his one timer.