• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

12 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Odd, with 2 days off. Sure we will get more clarity after practice when Laviolette meets the media.

Love it! Jumping in the LTIR game to bring in Guentzel.

• LOL 1

Just now, Scott said:

Rempe sliding closer to Hartford this morning.

Both he and Big Ed have to go as of Friday, so they can be on the AHL roster for their playoffs.  Even if it's a paper transaction.  They'll be back though.

12 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Mackey doesn't even play the power play in Hartford.

Trouba shouldn't be on ours either.  😃

Put K' there!  ...but you know I always say that

• Keeps it 100 1

59 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Both he and Big Ed have to go as of Friday, so they can be on the AHL roster for their playoffs.  Even if it's a paper transaction.  They'll be back though.

Oz you think if they add another wing and don't subtract someone who's currently in the lineup that the two big guys will be in the lineup in the playoffs? Sure it's a paper transaction to make them AHL playoff eligible. Sure they will be back, in fact they may never physically leave but I don't think they will both be in the lineup come playoff time if everyone is healthy. Maybe one if they choose to sit Brodzinski, but both? If that's the case who else sits? 

Just now, Scott said:

Oz you think if they add another wing and don't subtract someone who's currently in the lineup that the two big guys will be in the lineup in the playoffs? Sure it's a paper transaction to make them AHL playoff eligible. Sure they will be back, in fact they may never physically leave but I don't think they will both be in the lineup come playoff time if everyone is healthy. Maybe one if they choose to sit Brodzinski, but both? If that's the case who else sits? 

It's been mentioned on broadcasts how these two giants flying around out there has absolutely altered other teams rushes up the ice and puck retrieval in their own zones especially knowing Rempe may knock them into the third row. With that said, why would we not utilize these tools in the playoffs? I feel like we would be remiss.

• Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

20 minutes ago, Scott said:

I think they'll be an option.  Both have proven to be serviceable, but it also depends on how healthy we are when the playoffs start too.  I'd like to see them get a chance, but I'm not sure how they're gonna fit in just yet, Scott.

They already added a forward yesterday which means somebody already is out.  If they add the RW without losing someone in the lineup that would mean two guys who are currently playing have to sit. IMO I don't think it's going to be Goodrow or Vesey.  That limits the options.  It's tough envisioning both kids stay in, time will tell. 

7 minutes ago, Scott said:

They already added a forward yesterday which means somebody already is out.  If they add the RW without losing someone in the lineup that would mean two guys who are currently playing have to sit. IMO I don't think it's going to be Goodrow or Vesey.  That limits the options.  It's tough envisioning both kids stay in, time will tell. 

Still have 20 or so games left before er hit the tape, so anything can happen.  Your logic I agree with, but we shall see.

8 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I'm not getting Laviolette. He played Bonino as 3C over Goodrow. They get a guy to be 3C in Wennberg....  Goodrow is 3C.  Wennberg 4 C. 

Just put Kakko with who ever is going to be 3C. That's where he's going to wind up anyway.  

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm not getting Laviolette. He played Bonino as 3C over Goodrow. They get a guy to be 3C in Wennberg....  Goodrow is 3C.  Wennberg 4 C. 

Just put Kakko with who ever is going to be 3C. That's where he's going to wind up anyway.  

Well, assuming we get a winger before 3pm tomorrow, I’d imagine. If not, for the time being, have to imagine Kakko will get a longer look on that line.

Though I do agree that he doesn’t fit well there and would fit better on the 3rd line.

So is it just me or is this roster 5 top 6 forwards and like 12 3rd and 4th line guys?

I get that depth is valuable but it feels like we have a bunch of guys who are interchangeable for 6 roster spots.

• Bullseye 1

47 minutes ago, Br4d said:

So is it just me or is this roster 5 top 6 forwards and like 12 3rd and 4th line guys?

I get that depth is valuable but it feels like we have a bunch of guys who are interchangeable for 6 roster spots.

There's no reason to not spend to the cap. The retention on Wennberg had to be a part of a plan to spend cap on the RW. Something fell through or Drury overplayed his hand. 

Not getting a legit RW for the Zibanejad line is ridiculous. Get.  Something. Drury got 2- 3rd line centers.  Every competitor added big pieces. Drury sat on his hands.  

He's officially on the hot seat if this team doesn't atleast reach the ECF. 

What a disappointment. 

I'm just disappointed that we're not going to see Edstrom in the playoffs.  Rempe was a pipedream but Edstrom could have played 10 minutes a game and that's not going to happen now.

5 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I'm just disappointed that we're not going to see Edstrom in the playoffs.  Rempe was a pipedream but Edstrom could have played 10 minutes a game and that's not going to happen now.

Theyr'e young...they'll have plenty of time to play big time playoff hockey, especially since we didn't mortgage the future.  This franchise I think is in pretty good shape going forward for a while now. 

Who know's with the way the playoffs go, we might see them.  You never know!

• Believe 1