• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

I don't care what these stats say....This team needs to shoot the puck WAY more....especially number 93!

There's no way on God's green Earth anyone is going to make me believe we shoot enough...

Not Possible! 

We don't! 

Period!

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I don't care what these stats say....This team needs to shoot the puck WAY more....especially number 93!

There's no way on God's green Earth anyone is going to make me believe we shoot enough...

Not Possible! 

We don't! 

Period!

I approve of this post

• Thanks 1

He's on pace for the same amount of missed nets as last season, but his shots through % is down 6% from last year. His shots are getting blocked. His shooting percentage is also down 2%.

That said, he's one hot streak away from a 30+ goal pace.

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

He's on pace for the same amount of missed nets as last season, but his shots through % is down 6% from last year. His shots are getting blocked. His shooting percentage is also down 2%.

And it’ll come. I have no doubt about it.

It just is going to boil down to whether or not these hot streaks land in the playoffs. Remember back to our run in 2022, he went scoreless the first 5 of the Pens series. Then he got 2 in Game 6, another in Game 7, had himself a series against Carolina and was very good against Tampa Bay.

When he’s on fire, there’s little you can do to stop him. I just hope that for our sake that one of these famous Mika hot streaks lands again in the playoffs.

Edited by RichieNextel305

37 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

And it’ll come. I have no doubt about it.

It just is going to boil down to whether or not these hot streaks land in the playoffs. Remember back to our run in 2022, he went scoreless the first 5 of the Pens series. Then he got 2 in Game 6, another in Game 7, had himself a series against Carolina and was very good against Tampa Bay.

When he’s on fire, there’s little you can do to stop him. I just hope that for our sake that one of these famous Mika hot streaks lands again in the playoffs.

Just like basically all of our offensive players, they're so streaky we just have to hope the good streaks come at the perfect time. lol

1 hour ago, Pete said:

It's amazing right????

I could actually see Zibby being a 50 goal scorer.  He's THAT good!  100 points should be a dunk shot for him every year.  I get so frustrated watching him try to force passes through team with little to no chance of completing the pass.  He owes me about 5 new TV remotes over the last 3 seasons!

That feather pass he dished to Kreider last night for the trick was fucking exquisite!!  That's the only word I can come up for it!  He's such a fabulous player and yet he just plays WAY too nicely!  I keep thinking if teams had to respect him shooting, it would make his passing lanes open wider.

Mika,

Please ...with sugar on top

.....shoot the fucking puck! 

Edited by Ozzy

8 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Its all about timing. If the players get hot in April, there’s no stopping them.  Thats exactly what happened to St Louis few seasons ago. 

Yup

You need a talented group with some jam and an ability to elevate that has the right guys get hot at the right time, plus some luck and contribution from lower in the lineup players. 

Edited by RangersIn7

I like where this team is going too. 

I feel like in the past they wouldnt have made the moves of calling up Edstrom and Brodzinski. They are both filling their roles just fine. 

The addition of a 1RW and a 3C will solidify this team for the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, siddious said:

I like where this team is going too. 

I feel like in the past they wouldnt have made the moves of calling up Edstrom and Brodzinski. They are both filling their roles just fine. 

The addition of a 1RW and a 3C will solidify this team for the playoffs.

Rangers had no choice on all the callups this year due to injuries.  As a result we have a better read on some guys who might help in April, May and June.

9 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Rangers had no choice on all the callups this year due to injuries.  As a result we have a better read on some guys who might help in April, May and June.

Also beyond that.

Looking like you’re going to have some guys from Hartford stepping onto the roster over the next 8 months and playing important roles. 

Cuylle and Brodz this year. Maybe Edstrom too.

Othmann and Sykora potentially next year.

And depending on what happens with Quick, maybe Garand as well 

19 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Injuries are one thing but they also cut bonino and pitlick loose.

7 minutes ago, siddious said:

Injuries are one thing but they also cut bonino and pitlick loose.

Bonino and Pitlick probably should not have been signed in the first place.  The Rangers took chances on a bunch of cheap vets this season and the two that worked out were Quick and Gustafsson.

Generally speaking signing five guys to vet minimum contracts to fill out the roster is a dubious practice since their teams have already given up on them.  However in this case it allowed the Rangers a long window to evaluate people old and young and was probably a positive thing.

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Bonino and Pitlick probably should not have been signed in the first place.  The Rangers took chances on a bunch of cheap vets this season and the two that worked out were Quick and Gustafsson.

Generally speaking signing five guys to vet minimum contracts to fill out the roster is a dubious practice since their teams have already given up on them. 

Not at all. Firstly, Bonino fell off a cliff. He had 20ish points in 60ish games. 25 or so points is fine for a 4th line PK guy.

The other guys they signed either won jobs (Pitlick) or didn't (Nash, Belzille).

However in this case it allowed the Rangers a long window to evaluate people old and young and was probably a positive thing.

This seems to always have been the plan. Cuylle won a job. Othmann probably was better than Pitlick but they didn't want him on L4. Rempe and Edstrom were right there. Having the vets allowed those guys to marinate in the AHL. The NHL is not a developmental league.

• Keeps it 100 1

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Not Possible! 

We don't! 

Period!

People don't shoot pucks!  Sticks shoot pucks!

• LMFAO 1

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

Looks like Kakko didn't think it was too funny. 

That's actually I really dangerous thing to do. I had a friend tear their rotator cuff from that. Never fully recovered from the surgery.

I don't like the way he was shaking his arm... 

• Keeps it 100 1

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's actually I really dangerous thing to do. I had a friend tear their rotator cuff from that. Never fully recovered from the surgery.

I don't like the way he was shaking his arm... 

Sure is, couldn't agree more.