• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

2 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

What happens if he plays lights out in the playoffs again and the Rangers win the cup?

It's too early to tell what his next contract will be.

Then you thank him for his hot steak coming at the right time and you set your number and let him walk. A cup buys you good will. Keumper left the Avs after winning a Cup.

Look if the Pens can expose MA Fleury, no goalie is teflon.

Edited by Pete

2 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

It all comes down to how they finish this year.  A Cup win and he's more than likely getting resigned.  A near miss might be the same result.  A total breakdown like last season and I would trade him in the offseason

you wont get much for him. Goalies generally dont get a lot in return when traded

I mean, it may not be. You have to view this type of idea through the lens of what the goalie brings you back in a trade versus the value of Shesterkin at his current hit through his last year. Odds are, the latter is more valuable. Flip his rights for a third-rounder or whatever and call it day.

The Rangers have won 4 of their last 12. I don't think I'm over reacting.

This is not good. Lost to the Sharks. This is more than not good. This is bad. 

When is it going to be deemed OK to talk about the panic button? 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

The Rangers have won 4 of their last 12. I don't think I'm over reacting.

This is not good. Lost to the Sharks. This is more than not good. This is bad. 

When is it going to be deemed OK to talk about the panic button? 

If the alarms weren’t going off prior to the Sharks game, they sure as shit are right now, for sure.

You don’t blow a 2-goal lead in the 3rd period against the worst team in the league, who are on the back end of a back-to-back, at the end of a road trip that you know you underperformed yet someone can be deemed a minor success if you hold on for 20 minutes and come home with a split of 4 games.

Everything about them losing last night, and the way they handled themselves in the 3rd period and OT, was absolutely unacceptable. They didn’t attack. They were passive. They let a bad, tired Sharks team dictate play for most of the last 20+ minutes of the game. And even when up a man, on what should be a major fucking strength of theirs going against the worst PK team in the league, they generate absolutely nothing.

Some nights we want to blame Igor for a bad goal or 2 that kind of did us in. But can’t even use him as a scapegoat last night, because he played fine. This was about the 18 guys in front of him fucking up.

Panic button pushed if you ask me.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

If the alarms weren’t going off prior to the Sharks game, they sure as shit are right now, for sure.

You don’t blow a 2-goal lead in the 3rd period against the worst team in the league, who are on the back end of a back-to-back, at the end of a road trip that you know you underperformed yet someone can be deemed a minor success if you hold on for 20 minutes and come home with a split of 4 games.

Everything about them losing last night, and the way they handled themselves in the 3rd period and OT, was absolutely unacceptable. They didn’t attack. They were passive. They let a bad, tired Sharks team dictate play for most of the last 20+ minutes of the game. And even when up a man, on what should be a major fucking strength of theirs going against the worst PK team in the league, they generate absolutely nothing.

Some nights we want to blame Igor for a bad goal or 2 that kind of did us in. But can’t even use him as a scapegoat last night, because he played fine. This was about the 18 guys in front of him fucking up.

Panic button pushed if you ask me.

One offside call and disallowed goal away from this trip being a complete disaster.

• Keeps it 100 1