• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Othmann reminds me a lot of Miller, with less playmaking ability. 

Othmann's passing ability and just overall hockey intelligence are a bit underrated. I'm doubtful he'll ever be Miller and not more of a Saad, but the potential is in him thinking the game as highly as he does. 

Just now, Drew a Penalty said:

Othmann's passing ability and just overall hockey intelligence are a bit underrated. I'm doubtful he'll ever be Miller and not more of a Saad, but the potential is in him thinking the game as highly as he does. 

I've always felt Miller was an underrated playmaker. He's got off the charts creativity and vision. 

I don't think Othmann will reach that level but I'm sure he's a fine playmaker, he just gets more attention for his shot. 

There’s no PP1 or PP2 there. Lavi has clearly and intentionally split it up so you can’t label them. The way you do that is by making sure the two best PP players in Panarin and Fox are on separate units.

It’s not what I would do, but I respect his approach doing it this way so not one or two players get singled out as “the problem”.

Edited by BrooksBurner

12 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

There’s no PP1 or PP2 there. Lavi has clearly and intentionally split it up so you can’t label them. The way you do that is by making sure the two best PP players in Panarin and Fox are on separate units.

It’s not what I would do, but I respect his approach doing it this way so not one or two players get singled out as “the problem”.

The only way this is going to work is if they split every power play, or the first power play goes to PP1 for 1:40, the next power play goes to PP2 for 1:40, etc.

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Doesn't matter who they put with one another.  This fucking thing never gets "fixed" until they start shooting the damn puck!

We're going to have to change some of the players for whom keep away is a way of life.

You don't get the pattern the Rangers of the last 4 years have played by accident.  You get it because it's what the players do best and what they want to do damn the consequences when playoff time comes around.

Oh, and don't forget to bitch about the coaching you're not listening too.  That's part of the problem also.

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Doesn't matter who they put with one another.  This fucking thing never gets "fixed" until they start shooting the damn puck!

This has been a problem for decades it seems. Hell I remember Christopher Reeve's even giving a speech during some award ceremony at MSG and him saying he yells "shoot!" at the TV.  Its such an ingrained problem here. Always looking for fancy passes instead of throwing pucks at the net.