• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

From a defensive standpoint, this may be Miller's best stretch of his career. It's only been a handful of games, but it's been evident. He even seemed a bit more physical playing without Trouba, even though that's never really his game.

I don't know, I obviously think Miller gets a bad rap, I think his mistakes get magnified because him and Trouba go up against the other team's best players and maybe he shouldn't. Maybe Trouba shouldn't, either. Or maybe just not together.

Or, maybe he's just getting better like most 24 year old defensemen do.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I don't know, I obviously think Miller gets a bad rap, I think his mistakes get magnified because him and Trouba go up against the other team's best players and maybe he shouldn't. Maybe Trouba shouldn't, either. Or maybe just not together.

I'm not really a big Trouba fan, I think it may be both, but mostly the latter in that he's just getting better. I think sometimes we forget just how young these guys are. Schneider is what, 22? He's already growing and maturing. I thought last night was a standout game for him as well.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I think it's your last point, more than anything, but there may be something to the fact that since Trouba has been out, we've been tighter than we've been all season, and our breakouts have been a lot easier, and error free.

As much as it hurts to look at a $8 million 3rd pairing defenseman, I think that's what we have.  Your point of putting him with Gus makes the most sense, because Gus is also mobile and can cover for his lack of speed....like K' tried to.

I'm willing to think Trouba's been banged up a little the last month or so, and that may have contributed to him being  a lump on a log out there the past several games.  Yeah, I'll go with that, because I gave him props for playing good hockey earlier in the season, and I wanna think the best is still yet to come!  LOL

Back to drinking the Kool-aid for me! 

• LOL 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

IS RYAN LINDGREN ALIVE?!

Im Fine Law And Order Svu GIF by ION

Back for playoffs?

Currently being fitted for his bionic leg. Unfortunately, it's going to take a few weeks to get the programming done for his leg to react as his brain wants it to.

You'll notice that next time he gets slashed, his blood is a more...oily color.

• LOL 2
  • LMFAO 1

16 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Rangers can potentially clinch a playoff spot this week.  

Caps can max out at 103 points 

Awesome. If they win 8 of the last 11 games, they will break the franchise wins record.

• Believe 1

March 25th 2024:  There are 7 teams with 97 or 98 points leading the NHL right now with less than a month until the playoffs.

When was the last time so many good teams were so close together this late in the season?

9 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Unless they get a little distance between themselves and Carolina the sitting rotation is probably just Brodzinski, Rempe and Cuylle.  I think Goodrow could be added to it at some point

If Rempe and Cuylle can be in the sitting rotation, I don't see why Kakko can't

• Bullseye 1

15 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Unless they get a little distance between themselves and Carolina the sitting rotation is probably just Brodzinski, Rempe and Cuylle.  I think Goodrow could be added to it at some point

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I know the standings in a he division and the conference are really close right now, but sitting anyone and giving them a day isn’t an awful idea right now. 

6 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

I know the standings in a he division and the conference are really close right now, but sitting anyone and giving them a day isn’t an awful idea right now. 

I agree. I don't think they should care about the President's Trophy, EC 1 seed, or even the division that much. Home ice has shown to be a slight advantage, but just ask the Bruins why it's not the end all be all, or worth going balls to the wall chasing those kinds of things. A team can do more damage to their odds of winning by exhausting themselves down the stretch, then they would gain with home ice.

They at least have home ice locked up in R1. The irony is a Rangers/Caps matchup is looking like a 50/50 proposition right now. Lavi's former team.

Edited by BrooksBurner

20 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Probably because the coaching to have sees him differently than you do, the same is Goodrow. That guy's not getting benched, IMO.

Kakko missed enough time. There's no reason at all to sit him. Cullye and Brodz are being tested because it's their first full NHL season. 

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

Probably because the coaching to have sees him differently than you do, the same is Goodrow. That guy's not getting benched, IMO.

Kakko missed enough time. There's no reason at all to sit him. Cullye and Brodz are being tested because it's their first full NHL season. 

I don't see how you can speak for the coaching staff, especially when their actions have said something else.

Lavi should also be considering giving breathers (or at least reducing "hard minutes") to all of his players too, not just the bottom 6 guys like Kakko. It's not punishment. It's management.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I agree. I don't think they should care about the President's Trophy, EC 1 seed, or even the division that much. Home ice has shown to be a slight advantage, but just ask the Bruins why it's not the end all be all, or worth going balls to the wall chasing those kinds of things. A team can do more damage to their odds of winning by exhausting themselves down the stretch, then they would gain with home ice.

They at least have home ice locked up in R1. The irony is a Rangers/Caps matchup is looking like a 50/50 proposition right now. Lavi's former team.

When you say 50/50 on Rangers/Caps, what specifically do you mean?

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

I don't see how you can speak for the coaching staff, especially when their actions have said something else.

Lavi should also be considering giving breathers (or at least reducing "hard minutes") to all of his players too, not just the bottom 6 guys like Kakko. It's not punishment. It's management.

I'm not speaking for anyone. I said the coaching staff sees him differently. Undoubtedly they have an opinion of Kakko that you don't share. I don't think their actions have said something else. I think they have said exactly that. You wouldn't have put Kakko back with Zib and Kreider after his injury, but they did.

Again, Kakko missed like 2 months. He doesn't need a breather. So when you say you don't know why Kakko shouldn't be in a rotation of who sits, that's the answer. He doesn't need the rest.