• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

On 4/13/2024 at 8:40 AM, siddious said:

If Rempe is in then they’ll win

13-2-1 when he plays.  Like it was mentioned elsewhere he should be played in at least every home game.  I would play him against tougher opponents too like Islanders, Bruins, Panthers, etc.  

• Like 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

32 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

13-2-1 when he plays.  Like it was mentioned elsewhere he should be played in at least every home game.  I would play him against tougher opponents too like Islanders, Bruins, Panthers, etc.  

Rempe had little to no impact last game. By the time it was over, the crowd didn't even notice when he was on. 

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Home-road split is not a bad idea.  Refs will be more hostile on the road and crowd will love him at home.

Maybe next season for more playing time after the coaches have had him for a while.

21 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

While true, the juice it brings to the building can’t be underestimated. I think it’s a no-brainer to play him Game 1 and kind of just go from there.

Yes, when it was bringing the juice. Yesterday's game showed the crowd not really giving a shit when he was on the ice. So at that point it loses its power. 

4 hours ago, Pete said:

The Rempe Moment has maybe passed.

Not a chance.

He may just be a 4th liner but I think he's going to be here for a few years at least unless the Rangers can swindle something good for him from somebody.

5 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Not a chance.

He may just be a 4th liner but I think he's going to be here for a few years at least unless the Rangers can swindle something good for him from somebody.

That's not what I meant. I meant maybe the crowd no longer recognizes when he's even out. Happened multiple times yesterday. The crowd was pissed at the way the game was going and a Rempe shift didn't change it. 

Edited by Pete

2 bad losses plus a bad start will do that to a crowd.

The fans were cheering for Rempe earlier in a more successful context.  If Rempe hits the ice with the Rangers up in the playoffs people will still be cheering.

I believe Pittsburgh can be eliminated tomorrow with a loss and either a win by Washington or Detroit tomorrow.

I think we all know the situation by now but just a quick run down:

-NYR Win: Ensures everything. 1st in everything, and home ice until the whole thing is over.

-NYR Regulation Loss: This opens the door for both Carolina and Boston to pass us. Carolina is a point behind with 1 to play, and Boston is 3 behind with 2 to play. If Boston were to win out and we lost in regulation tomorrow, Boston would finish ahead of us (113-112). If Carolina were to also lose, we would then have the 2nd seed in the East and matchup with Tampa. If Carolina were to win, we would then end up playing the Islanders (in all likelihood, or whoever is M3).

-NYR OT/SO Loss: This would ensure Boston can’t pass us, as they could max out at the same 113 points we do. But we would own a tiebreaker over them. In this case, a Carolina win in any fashion would deadlock us at 113 points, however they would own a tiebreaker with us. So again, would likely end up in 2-3 with the Islanders, provided Carolina wins against Columbus.

Simply put, just do your job and put this to fucking bed and lets get cooking. A win gets you a likely matchup with Washington/Detroit (PHI/PIT still alive but hanging on for dear life). It would likely be, on paper, the most favorable matchup we could hope for.

Rest up, ladies. Gonna be a fun one at MSG tomorrow night, for sure.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Thanks 1
  • Believe 1

Ottawa with nothing to play for, the Rangers taking them lightly and not having that drive before the playoffs start worries me for this one tonight, even though they know a win will make their lives a little easier going in. Plus the Senators always kill us at home. I am expecting a battle, at the very least. 

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Ottawa with nothing to play for, the Rangers taking them lightly and not having that drive before the playoffs start worries me for this one tonight, even though they know a win will make their lives a little easier going in. Plus the Senators always kill us at home. I am expecting a battle, at the very least. 

Right? Ottawa always seems to be a pain in the ass for us.

If there was ever a game to come out flying early and put one in the net, it’s this one. Don’t give this team any life. Come out swinging, score a goal or 2 early and we should be good.

10 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I believe Pittsburgh can be eliminated tomorrow with a loss and either a win by Washington or Detroit tomorrow.

I think we all know the situation by now but just a quick run down:

-NYR Win: Ensures everything. 1st in everything, and home ice until the whole thing is over.

-NYR Regulation Loss: This opens the door for both Carolina and Boston to pass us. Carolina is a point behind with 1 to play, and Boston is 3 behind with 2 to play. If Boston were to win out and we lost in regulation tomorrow, Boston would finish ahead of us (113-112). If Carolina were to also lose, we would then have the 2nd seed in the East and matchup with Tampa. If Carolina were to win, we would then end up playing the Islanders (in all likelihood, or whoever is M3).

-NYR OT/SO Loss: This would ensure Boston can’t pass us, as they could max out at the same 113 points we do. But we would own a tiebreaker over them. In this case, a Carolina win in any fashion would deadlock us at 113 points, however they would own a tiebreaker with us. So again, would likely end up in 2-3 with the Islanders, provided Carolina wins against Columbus.

Simply put, just do your job and put this to fucking bed and lets get cooking. A win gets you a likely matchup with Washington/Detroit (PHI/PIT still alive but hanging on for dear life). It would likely be, on paper, the most favorable matchup we could hope for.

Rest up, ladies. Gonna be a fun one at MSG tomorrow night, for sure.

The tiebreaker is dumb.. Rangers won the season series vs Carolina... Head to head should always be the primary tiebreaker. 

• Keeps it 100 4

The Rangers won the season series against both Carolina and Boston, which is likely why we're in 1st with 1 game to go.

Losing to Ottawa with the President's Trophy on the line would be a major letdown.

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Right? Ottawa always seems to be a pain in the ass for us.

If there was ever a game to come out flying early and put one in the net, it’s this one. Don’t give this team any life. Come out swinging, score a goal or 2 early and we should be good.

You just know we have to make this difficult, Richie!  LOL

We all hope this is the year but in all reality whether it is or isn't, this will be fun to run back next year as well with minimal turn over and successful coaching. We literally have this year plus two more to get this done. Perrault and Othmann incoming as well. Fun time to be a Ranger fan!!

Boys seem locked in. This doesn’t even seem like back in 2015, when this was an accomplishment. This seems business as usual, eyes on the prize type of shit from them. They are going to be a tough out.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1
  • Believe 2

44 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

We all hope this is the year but in all reality whether it is or isn't, this will be fun to run back next year as well with minimal turn over and successful coaching. We literally have this year plus two more to get this done. Perrault and Othmann incoming as well. Fun time to be a Ranger fan!!

Agreed. While I don't have the best feeling about this year being "the year", I DO feel a lot more confident with next. Same squad with a few minor additions/subtractions, a few line tweaks, get everyone healthy and playing the system Lavi wants......the rest of the league better watch out.

But despite all that, I'm still REALLY excited for this run coming up. LGR!!!