• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

7 hours ago, Pete said:

I'd definitely go Quick vs Ottawa as we don't need Igor's confidence rattled in the last game of the season by a team who only shows up when they're out of the race. 

Agreed, I'd give Quick the OTT and one of the NYI games and let Igor take the other 2. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On 4/7/2024 at 10:26 PM, RichieNextel305 said:

If the Rangers go 2-2, Boston will need to win their final 4 games to finish ahead of us. If Rangers win Tuesday at UBS and Boston beats Carolina, we clinch Metro. Personally will root for Carolina to win along with us winning Tuesday. A Ranger win Tuesday along with a Boston loss puts us within a point of clinching a finish ahead of them and Carolina.

Just got to work and was looking at the standings and tonight's block of games and was thinking the same thing about BOS CAR.  Tonight go Canes...Rangers have to handle the isles though.  You know the isles will be flying tonight.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Just got to work and was looking at the standings and tonight's block of games and was thinking the same thing about BOS CAR.  Tonight go Canes...Rangers have to handle the isles though.  You know the isles will be flying tonight.

Biggest game of their season. But, the Rangers have had the right mindset almost every single night this season.

Take care of business.

• Keeps it 100 1

Carolina has @St Louis, @Chicago and @Columbusleft. I can see them getting all 6 points. Boston has @Pittsburgh @ Washington, Ottawa. 

We need to win 2 of the 3 - Losing the division at the finish line would be brutal. Getting the 2nd seed would be as bad.   Need to nut up and squash Phi/NYI/OTT 

2 hours ago, Flynn said:

Carolina has @St Louis, @Chicago and @Columbusleft. I can see them getting all 6 points. Boston has @Pittsburgh @ Washington, Ottawa. 

We need to win 2 of the 3 - Losing the division at the finish line would be brutal. Getting the 2nd seed would be as bad.   Need to nut up and squash Phi/NYI/OTT 

If we beat Philly on Thursday, then Saturday sets us up to clinch both the division and the top seed. Magic number for both right now is at 3. And in the event Winnipeg beats Dallas tonight, then you can also add in the Presidents Trophy too.

I also don’t know if Carolina loses any of those 3. Weird shit happens but 2 of those 3 are virtual layups. 

Best route to all of this is taking Philly out Thursday, showing up Saturday and getting everything taken care of and then basically have a free skate on Monday against Ottawa with multiple players getting rest in the most meaningless game in recent memory.

Edited by RichieNextel305

The Rangers are pissed.  Laviolette is beyond pissed.

I can imagine what they're gonna look like on Thursday night.  The Flyers are going up against a buzzsaw that's on the loose.  I see a 7-1, 8-2 win on Thursday.

Be that as it may, Saturday afternoon is payback, bitch!  Home ice, and a whole lotta beatings going on.  I'll bet my nut bag Rempe is in, and on a mission!  We're going to see the Rangers in a new light after that one.  That will be the RANGERS BEAST MODE....(soon playing in a playoff game near you!)

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Believe 1

I hope you're right. They've been a resilient group all season, so we shall see. It would be pretty awesome if they clinched the number one seed and the President's Trophy at home in a 'revenge' game against the Islanders. Plus, finishing out the last few games at home before the postseason is nice, no major travel before the postseason starts.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Trouba-Miller is broken up!

Go figure!!!  Drury playing the Las Vegas Cap game!!!

Rempe back.....check!

Trouba to 3rd pairing.....check!!! 

Thank you Lavvy!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

I mean ok, but 2 games left in the season and we're doing this? Gus-Trouba have 62 minutes of TOI this year, and if anyone wanted to push for Jones instead of Gus, Jones-Trouba has 7 minutes of TOI.

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Go figure!!!  Drury playing the Las Vegas Cap game!!!

Rempe back.....check!

Trouba to 3rd pairing.....check!!! 

Thank you Lavvy!!!

With Chytil coming back, Rempe could never see ice again. Ditto for Brodz

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I mean ok, but 2 games left in the season and we're doing this? Gus-Trouba have 62 minutes of TOI this year, and if anyone wanted to push for Jones instead of Gus, Jones-Trouba has 7 minutes of TOI.

Lavi is pissed. He’ll come down and re-unite everyone again soon

9 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I'm pretty sure you are right. Making up for some of your Kreider takes

Have you noticed how my Kreider takes are slowly picking up steam among posters?  Im ahead of my time. 
you’ll come around. 

4 hours ago, Phil said:

This.

Is.

Awesome. 

Glad Laviolette has seen the light. 

Trouba doesn't suck. He just needs a hard reset and maybe a reality check. 3rd pairing will help him in the long run and help the Rangers find out just how good Schneider is. 

I love Schneider. I think he's a complete player. IMO, he's more valuable than Miller in the long run. He started off a little lame, but once mid season/maybe allstar break time came he hit his stride. Trouba getting hurt was a blessing for this kids confidence.  All he needed was a chance. 

• Like 4
  • VINNY! 1

Carolina wins against St. Louis in what was likely their last game you can look at and see them losing. They have 2 left, against Chicago and Columbus, and they are 1 point behind us.

Basically, what it boils down to is this: if the Rangers win tomorrow afternoon, they will hold all of the cards going into their Monday game against Ottawa. A win there will then get them the division, the top spot in the East and also the Presidents Trophy. It will also put them in a spot to play one of PIT/WSH/DET/PHI in Round 1 as the WC2. However, a loss tomorrow will take the control for everything right out of their hands, and will in all likelihood set them up on a collision course with the Islanders in the 1st Round. Talk about drama.

Tomorrow defines everything.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • VINNY! 1
  • Believe 1

11 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

... However, a loss tomorrow will take the control for everything right out of their hands, and will in all likelihood set them up on a collision course with the Islanders in the 1st Round. Talk about drama.

Tomorrow defines everything.

It seems like Carolina is likely to catch the Rangers before Boston does, so NYR won't end up playing Tampa Bay.  Seems the Rangers will play either the Isles, Pens, or Caps in Round 1.  

Would be some shit to be in first place basically the entire season to end up finishing second because of a no show game at home against a collapsing Philly team.  I actually think they still pull it off and win the next two.  Hopefully I’m not just wishful thinking.  

• Believe 1

17 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Would be some shit to be in first place basically the entire season to end up finishing second because of a no show game at home against a collapsing Philly team.  I actually think they still pull it off and win the next two.  Hopefully I’m not just wishful thinking.  

I’m not saying they can’t do it but you never know what team is going to shows up.

• Believe 1