• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

He's gotta be ready to play. There's no reason for him to be taking those kinds of reps from others who are going to be playing...unless he's going to be playing.

Lavvy says anyone in a contact jersey is ready to play, but are they really doing this kid any favors by putting him right back into the playoff mix after missi ng the season?

What I will say is that if there's a team to get him in there against, it's a slow one like they Caps.

And if he's in a top 6 jersey I have to believe his on RW for Roslovic.

Edited by Pete

43 minutes ago, Pete said:

Lavvy says anyone in a contact jersey is ready to play, but are they really doing this kid any favors by putting him right back into the playoff mix after missi ng the season?

What I will say is that if there's a team to get him in there against, it's a slow one like they Caps.

He should play in the series. Maybe not right off the rip.

And maybe not on Zib line. 

Ease him in as much as you can. 

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

If that were to happen, where do you drop Ros? 3rd line would be odd, since you'd have to drop Kakko to 4th line....though Ros on the 4th line would be even weirder?

5 minutes ago, RangerDanger said:

If that were to happen, where do you drop Ros? 3rd line would be odd, since you'd have to drop Kakko to 4th line....though Ros on the 4th line would be even weirder?

Roslavic is either 1RW or scratch....No other spot for him w/o disrupting the other lines.  

1 minute ago, Blue Heaven said:

Roslavic is either 1RW or scratch....No other spot for him w/o disrupting the other lines.  

I'm cool with rotating Chytil and Roslovic out pending who is playing better and presenting a bigger threat. Really hoping Chytil is now a RW and no longer a center unless needed for depth.

10 minutes ago, RangerDanger said:

I don't know that Ros has really earned anything. Chytil's shooting mentality is desperately needed on that line.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

36 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't know that Ros has really earned anything. Chytil's shooting mentality is desperately needed on that line.

Ros has been fine. But just that.

Fine. 
If he’s out of the lineup, it doesn’t hurt if you’re putting Chytil in in his place. Speed is the same. And Chytil gives you more overall offensively. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Chytil should be a great fit for that line. He has an excellent shot, and he also has no issues carrying the puck or dumping and going in deep after it, cycling. Underrated playmaker too.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Chytil should be a great fit for that line. He has an excellent shot, and he also has no issues carrying the puck or dumping and going in deep after it, cycling. Underrated playmaker too.

Except for his head and any slight bump can knock him out

20 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Thats it!!  Zibby’s line needs someone who’s going to dig pucks out along the boards, not another shooter.  The reason someone like. Buch worked on that line is because he was not afraid to go to the boards and was good at winning puck battles. He was good at doing the dirty work. 

32 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The problem with putting Chytil on Zib's line is that Kreider will be opposite him.

Who's going to do the dirty work of digging the pucks off the boards?

The same person who's been doing it all season, Zib.