• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

27 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Boys seem locked in. This doesn’t even seem like back in 2015, when this was an accomplishment. This seems business as usual, eyes on the prize type of shit from them. They are going to be a tough out.

They've been a good/solid regular season team for years now. They have to take the next step, and it seems like they know it.

But, the playoffs don't start in October...Lavvy said it correctly, you have to play the regular season. Those are the games that are in front of you, and they took care of business.

Now that's done and it's time to get down to bigger business.

• Believe 1

6 minutes ago, RangerDanger said:

Agreed. While I don't have the best feeling about this year being "the year", I DO feel a lot more confident with next. Same squad with a few minor additions/subtractions, a few line tweaks, get everyone healthy and playing the system Lavi wants......the rest of the league better watch out.

But despite all that, I'm still REALLY excited for this run coming up. LGR!!!

my guess if the rangers shit the bed these playoffs, changes will be made.  i'd think one of Zibby or Kreider would be outta here.  Doody, possibly Miller

All this talk comparing this year's team to 2 years ago versus last year.  Seems like as good a time as any to point to Tampa.  Went to the conference finals then followed that up getting swept by Columbus, the only playoff series Columbus has ever won.  Tampa went on to win back to back cups and lost in their 3rd straight finals appearance.  

This team knows what it takes to make a deep run.  They know what a massively disappointing run feels like.  This is as prepared of a group as any to get the job done.

• Like 1
  • Believe 3

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

my guess if the rangers shit the bed these playoffs, changes will be made.  i'd think one of Zibby or Kreider would be outta here.  Doody, possibly Miller

Nights Talladega GIF

4 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

All this talk comparing this year's team to 2 years ago versus last year.  Seems like as good a time as any to point to Tampa.  Went to the conference finals then followed that up getting swept by Columbus, the only playoff series Columbus has ever won.  Tampa went on to win back to back cups and lost in their 3rd straight finals appearance.  

This team knows what it takes to make a deep run.  They know what a massively disappointing run feels like.  This is as prepared of a group as any to get the job done.

steve harvey good answer GIF by ABC Network

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

My guess is if the Rangers succeed in these playoffs, changes will be made to the forum user base. I'd think you might be either banned or moved to an Islanders/Devils forum. Possibly, forever. 

• Believe 1

1 minute ago, Karan said:

My guess is if the Rangers succeed in these playoffs, changes will be made to the forum user base. I'd think you might be either banned or moved to an Islanders/Devils forum. Possibly, forever. 

if I'm going down, i'm taking you with me, Ghandi.  Saddle up your Ferrari and make room for @BrooksBurner

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Why you dragging me into this. I’m a positive thinker

We're total opposites...

Because I'm not positive you think at all! 🤣 

• LMFAO 1

13 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I was busting your balls back

My bad, your lack of use of emojis had me guessing. 

I should have went with the "HIV positive" joke I had queued up instead I guess

Oh, that could have been funny! 

Then I could have hit you back with "sorry I gave it to you!" 

This is like a role reversal from 2009. Washington’s offense is average, they work hard and they have a goalie who has been hot. Going up against a team that has tremendous offense (we have Igor, they didn’t) and is a top tier team.

Washington has been very Jekyll and Hyde. Believe it or not, I may be a little worried if it wasn’t for this little lay off. I feel they may come down from this adrenaline. And the Rangers should come out and pounce. Because if they play their game, they have a chance to make this a fast series. Washington is older and likely can’t keep up with the tempo we like to play. Keep in mind our entire season series with Washington was played in like 7 week span back in December/January, with the last 2 games occurring when we were far from our best.

Come out swinging. Do not give this team a chance to breathe. And take their heart out fast.

• Believe 1

10 minutes ago, Abe Froman said:

Ray Ferraro just said the Rangers are a really good team that maybe aren't getting the respect they deserve

He's often very complimentary of the Rangers, their fans just fixate on the negative...in case you haven't noticed 🤣 

• TroCheckmark 1