• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Capitals Round One — General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

The good news is that we are the sexy pick to get knocked off in the first round.

Apparently the #1 seed loses to the #8 seed around 25% of the time and it looks like we are the the most likely upset-bound team this year.  According to the I just want to be an edgy analyst crowd this year.  I am not even including the Dallas vs. Las Vegas series because that really does not feel like a #1 playing a #8.

Cannot think of any better "tackling fuel" going into this weekend (thanks Waterboy).

• LMFAO 1

13 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Fuck Ethan Sears.

Oh, by the way, the terms of the Nils Lundkvist trade are complete, with the Blueshirts still to receive a 2025 fourth-rounder from Dallas after the defenseman recorded 39 points his first two years in the NHL. Had the Swede reached 55 points, the Blueshirts would have been in line to receive a third-rounder. 

And fuck Nils.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Wakey wakey - It’s playoff hockey time!

Carolina and Boston got it done at home in game 1, let’s keep that trend going.

Any news on the lineup yet? Brodz or Rempe? Or Chytil??

Jacked up n ready to go.

Boston looked really good last night.

Most times in the playoffs, I have this nervous and anxious feeling. With this team? Sure, maybe a little. But this feels so much like business as usual. Go do your job, play your game and you’ll be fine. We’ve done our learning. Now it’s time to take the test. And I feel so confident that this team is going to be real good test takers. Do the job. Lets go!

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Believe 1

My stomach is in a knot. Watching the leafs play last night reminded me of last year's devils series. High skill team getting frustrated n not able to match intensity. I know this is a different team w a different attitude but I'm going to lose my shit if the same thing happens tonight.

That said I expect a resounding win for the Blueshirts!

• Believe 1

I think last year is blurring our vision. This group has, for stretches, absolutely dominated play across multiple games against some very good shutdown teams like Pittsburgh in 2022, Carolina in 2022, Tampa in 2022 and then even New Jersey for 3 games of last years series. If they come out with that type of intensity today and for these games in this series against a Capitals team that isn’t nearly as good as any of those teams listed above, I don’t see how they keep their head above water with us.

• Keeps it 100 1

The only way this Ranger team gets beat by the Caps is if they play down to the Caps level and let this become a gritty defensive series.

Goals early will put the Caps away all series long. 

• Keeps it 100 1

On 4/20/2024 at 7:18 AM, Pete said:

Only had to go back 9 years!

7 G  2 A   14 PIM in 14 Games.     How'd we get down 1-3 ? (not a rhetorical question.  Frankly, I can't remember.) 

4 hours ago, Dem said:

My stomach is in a knot. Watching the leafs play last night reminded me of last year's devils series. High skill team getting frustrated n not able to match intensity. I know this is a different team w a different attitude but I'm going to lose my shit if the same thing happens tonight.

That said I expect a resounding win for the Blueshirts!

Toronto sucks though.  This has been their MO for nearly a decade now.

Tricky tac calls. That Rempe call was a fucking joke, he glided from the slot to the boards where he crushed that guy. You shouldn't be penalize him for being a big ol farmboy

On 4/19/2024 at 10:53 AM, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Not saying any of that is wrong, just that come playoff time, between the grueling schedule and likelihood of OT games, shortening your bench isn't the best idea. I personally do not trust Rempe to be on the ice in a tied playoff game in the third period. but if Brodzinksi is on, I'm not necessarily concerned. Not saying Brodz should be on the ice against Ovi either, but I don't think Rempe is much more than a fighter at this point. I do think he can keep improving and become a Matt Martin-esque player who can be an every day player but he's definitely not there yet 

lol fuck me right?

• Like 1