• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Capitals Round One — General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

17 minutes ago, Karan said:

I personally don't think Wilson is going to be as big of a physical factor as many seem concerned about. Since the infamous Panarin incident, Wilson has missed time for a slew of upper and lower body injuries and I don't think he's going to risk getting fucked up and missing games.

Maybe not right off the bat but if the Rangers get up by one or two games in the series then Washington may feel that no other choice but to scramble the pieces on the board.

• Like 1

I do think Rempe will get some games in in the first round just in case WIlson decides to be WIlson

beyond that though, I cant see him getting any time. As entertaining as he's been, lets not delude ourselves into thinking he's a good hockey player. MAYBE if the isles get past Carolina he gets in but beyond that, I don't see any reason he should be counted on for anything in a playoff game.

If we get to the ECF and play Florida, who will definitely play physical and borderline dirty, our PP has to be the deterrent, not Rempe

10 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

And ... Leonard is going back to BC to star in a revival of Los Tres Amigos and chase the national championship that got away. Hopefully Perreault had some dirt on him he was willing to use to keep him from jumping up. I think it says a lot about the relative depth of the two teams that there was enough room on the Caps roster for MacClellan to beg a college freshman (albeit a talented one) to come bolster their Playoff chances. 

I got the sense from the Friedmancast that they wanted him to do a Kreider and come straight to DC, but maybe it was not that specific.

EDIT: Somehow failed to quote Pete and quoted myself instead.

Edited by RodrigueGabriel

I think it’s absurd that it’s Thursday, some series start in 2 days and we still don’t have schedules out. I get that you need to wait for the West to sort itself out for I think 2 series. But the NHL really fucked up here with this. You have some teams getting like 2 or 3 days off, and others have basically an entire week. And the fans and teams and players all need to wait until the playoffs are less than 48 hours away from beginning. Just brutal.

• Keeps it 100 1

9 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Sucks that MSG doesn't have coverage for round one. Moreso because I do not have TNT with Fubotv. Lame.

I'm subscribed to the Rangers calendar via GCal and they just updated it with the round one information. 

All season long, if a game was either on ESPN or TNT, they would indicate it in the calendar invite, otherwise it's assumed that all games are on MSG. For the first round of the playoffs, It's noted that ESPN has the first game but there's no information for the other games which leads me to believe they are all on MSG regionally. 

If you're not local, I'm not sure of the alternatives. 

13 minutes ago, siddious said:

Isn’t round 1 usually still on MSG?

I was just going by what was posted earlier in the thread which indicates Round one coverage is TBS or ESPN. Hoping Pete is right.

11 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

I was just going by what was posted earlier in the thread which indicates Round one coverage is TBS or ESPN. Hoping Pete is right.

According to the fios guide, the game is definitely on ESPN but it's unclear if it's on MSG because right now MSG just has original content that could easily be replaced by the game. 

Sam and Joe did not mention it would be their last telecast during the last game, I don't know if they did it during the blue shirts off our back, I turned it off right after the game. 

Edited by Pete

19 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

I do think Rempe will get some games in in the first round just in case WIlson decides to be WIlson

beyond that though, I cant see him getting any time. As entertaining as he's been, lets not delude ourselves into thinking he's a good hockey player. MAYBE if the isles get past Carolina he gets in but beyond that, I don't see any reason he should be counted on for anything in a playoff game.

If we get to the ECF and play Florida, who will definitely play physical and borderline dirty, our PP has to be the deterrent, not Rempe

That's a bit rough. He's no worse of a hockey player than any typical 4th liner. He can play center, he can stand infront of the net, he can play hard hitting hockey within the rules. 

Players like him are guys that can flourish in the playoffs. Guys like Corey Perry have been excellent playoff performers in the post season. Just because he's not a skill guy, doesn't mean he's not good at hockey. He's good at what he's currently doing and he wants to do more. He could be a flash in the pan player who never has this momentum again. Lets ride this momentum and see how far it goes. 

Let's be real. Between Rempe, Roslovic and Brodzinski, I think the fit for playoff hockey is more in Rempes game than the others. As long as he doesn't play stupid, I go with Rempe until the wheels fall off. 

• TroCheckmark 1

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's a bit rough. He's no worse of a hockey player than any typical 4th liner. He can play center, he can stand infront of the net, he can play hard hitting hockey within the rules. 

Players like him are guys that can flourish in the playoffs. Guys like Corey Perry have been excellent playoff performers in the post season. Just because he's not a skill guy, doesn't mean he's not good at hockey. He's good at what he's currently doing and he wants to do more. He could be a flash in the pan player who never has this momentum again. Lets ride this momentum and see how far it goes. 

Let's be real. Between Rempe, Roslovic and Brodzinski, I think the fit for playoff hockey is more in Rempes game than the others. As long as he doesn't play stupid, I go with Rempe until the wheels fall off. 

maybe a bit rough

I dont think we should be counting on him to play meaningful minutes though. Maybe someone can prove me wrong with metrics or something but I don't feel like he's a defensively responsible player and outside of physical play, he's not someone I would rely on for any meaningful minutes. Playoffs you gotta be able to trust all 4 lines and have them play a lot. a roster spot on a guy who might get 4-5 minutes of ice time is not something we should be relying on

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Sucks that MSG doesn't have coverage for round one. Moreso because I do not have TNT with Fubotv. Lame.

Fubo stinks now. They have dumped SNY. So the thing that was to mainly be a sports platform for streaming,  no longer carries essential networks for sports.  But thank god they have music channels and no name sports networks that air fishing  and bullshit. 

5 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

maybe a bit rough

I dont think we should be counting on him to play meaningful minutes though. Maybe someone can prove me wrong with metrics or something but I don't feel like he's a defensively responsible player and outside of physical play, he's not someone I would rely on for any meaningful minutes. Playoffs you gotta be able to trust all 4 lines and have them play a lot. a roster spot on a guy who might get 4-5 minutes of ice time is not something we should be relying on

But if it's not him getting 4-5-8 minutes, it's going to be Brodzinski. 

Meaning,  who ever it is on that RW, is going to get very little icetime.

Much like the RW on the Zibanejad line. All season, who ever is there is only getting 12-14 minutes a night and it was because that slot isn't getting PP minutes or PK.

People tried to shit on Wheeler saying he could only be trusted with 12 minutes, but couldn't understand that he was playing in a role/spot that couldn't really get more ice unless they can do special teams.

That spot on the roster isn't going to get more ice, unless they PK or play on the PP.

Just like the 3rd forward on line 4 isn't going to get more than 8-10. Vesey and Goodrow get a majority of the icetime as PKers and they're in the 12 minutes range.  

Not saying any of that is wrong, just that come playoff time, between the grueling schedule and likelihood of OT games, shortening your bench isn't the best idea. I personally do not trust Rempe to be on the ice in a tied playoff game in the third period. but if Brodzinksi is on, I'm not necessarily concerned. Not saying Brodz should be on the ice against Ovi either, but I don't think Rempe is much more than a fighter at this point. I do think he can keep improving and become a Matt Martin-esque player who can be an every day player but he's definitely not there yet 

• Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

maybe a bit rough

As long as he pounds John Carlson, he'll be doing his job.  

I think Rempe plays Game 1 and they take it on a game by game basis.  Rempe is most effective on the forecheck, defensemen are focused on him barreling down towards them then on the puck which causes turnovers.