• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Capitals Round One — General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

On 4/18/2024 at 12:59 PM, Pete said:

I don't think that was the motive...I don't think they have any illusions of a college freshman helped them beat the Rangers.

Friedman followed up today and said that the Caps were telling Leonard he could play for them now and that he (Friedman) would have liked to see him in a Playoff series. So it looks like he had the same assumption that I did.

I know we’ve all seen the comparisons to 1994. Between the earthquake, solar eclipse, OJ, Blink-182 starting and ending, Knicks and Rangers both winning over 50, Knicks finish 2 in the East, Rangers winning Presidents Trophy, starting the playoffs on a Sunday afternoon against a Divisional Rival. Well, here’s another odd one…..

• Like 1
  • Believe 2

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

I know we’ve all seen the comparisons to 1994. Between the earthquake, solar eclipse, OJ, Blink-182 starting and ending, Knicks and Rangers both winning over 50, Knicks finish 2 in the East, Rangers winning Presidents Trophy, starting the playoffs on a Sunday afternoon against a Divisional Rival. Well, here’s another odd one…..

This is nuts.

16 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

ESPN predicts Caps in 7.  

ESPN knows nothing about hockey.

And only slightly more about sports these days.

They’re an entertainment network.

Not a sports network.

Chris Russo is their only legitimate sports commentator 

They can lick my sweaty ballsack. 

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

Who specifically?

Bold prediction: New York's stars will turn up in the first round, but the Rangers' depth will fail to match, and a hungrier Washington team will oust the Presidents' Trophy winners in a dramatic Game 7 finale.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/39968275/nhl-playoffs-2024-stanley-cup-schedule-preview-predictions-bracket-flaws

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Jody Shelley has us going to the Finals. Bruce Boudreau has us losing in 6 to Washington. Talk about a gap between opinions. Good God.

One guy got punched in the brain too many times and the other one ate too many McRibs. You decide whose mind is further fucked. 

On 4/17/2024 at 9:57 AM, BrooksBurner said:

If anyone who pumped the Rangers' tires all year and then voted 6 or 7 games against this shitty Caps team, I have a bone to pick with you for a lack of follow through in the art of conviction

I pumped and dumped.  NYR in 6

On 4/17/2024 at 10:14 AM, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Rangers in 6 because nothing is ever easy for this team. I fucking hate the Capitals and their stupid goal siren, cheer horn, and mouthbreathing fans. At least Braden Holtby isn't around anymore. 

Try living with these ass hats.   11 houses on my "sac" and six of them rocking their red.    Hate the Caps too. 

• Cheers 1

On 4/17/2024 at 10:37 AM, Ozzy said:

This one's over in 5!  I think we're going to see that this Rangers team wants it badly.

Edit:  Oh, and Fuck Tom Wilson!

Man I hope so Oz.   I picked 6 but want 4.

We've got 3 guys now that can at least "measure - stand" up to Wilson.   If they had to, Cuylle and Trouba can throw, and that tempers other Caps.   But, our best strategy is not take the bait, let Wilson sit in box.    Can't help but thinking about how nice it would be to see Matty rag-dog that POS.  We still owe him for the Breadman.

• Cheers 1

On 4/17/2024 at 2:04 PM, Albatrosss said:

this is all great but the game is played on the ice, not on paper.  I'm excited as hell about this team but keeping my expectations low.  

my biggest concern is physical play.  Hopefully the rangers dont buckle.  They're pretty soft

WTF  -  Cuylle, Trouba, Trocheck, Lindy, Gus and Vesey, etc... are soft ??? 

No!   F-that bullshit.    CHRIS KREIDER is soft.    

Cheers @JJ in VA. I've lived in the DMV for 35 years. Fortunately, the Caps totally sucked for the vast majority of those because I, too, hate them passionately. I'll usually go watch the Rangers practice in Arlington when they're here. Let me know if you want to meet up. Also going to start hunting for tix for the 4/28 game. 

Edited by RodrigueGabriel

2 hours ago, JJ in VA said:

Man I hope so Oz.   I picked 6 but want 4.

We've got 3 guys now that can at least "measure - stand" up to Wilson.   If they had to, Cuylle and Trouba can throw, and that tempers other Caps.   But, our best strategy is not take the bait, let Wilson sit in box.    Can't help but thinking about how nice it would be to see Matty rag-dog that POS.  We still owe him for the Breadman.

No worries JJ!!

We got this, my man!!!

• Believe 1