• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Capitals Round One — General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

34 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Ovechkin is awesome, no doubt. But if I'm building a team, I think I'm taking Crosby first every time.

Yeah, he's just playing out the string at this point. Father time remains undefeated, and the team around him has gotten worse. He'll go down as the best goal scorer of all time. I never thought I'd see someone ever break Wayne's record, it's remarkable.

...and a lot of us complain about Kreider's effort??????????

Good Christ!!!  He's making Kreider look like Nathan MacKinnon after 3 Red Bulls

• LMFAO 2
  • Bullseye 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

17 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

...and a lot of us complain about Kreider's effort??????????

Good Christ!!!  He's making Kreider look like Nathan MacKinnon after 3 Red Bulls

Kreider has his faults for sure, but he'll probably go down as one of the most underappreciated/underrated Rangers ever.

• Like 4
  • Keeps it 100 4

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Kreider has his faults for sure, but he'll probably go down as one of the most underappreciated/underrated Rangers ever.

i'd say one of the most overrated/overappreciated rangers ever.  And he's an asshole as a human being

• LMFAO 1

10 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

i'd say one of the most overrated/overappreciated rangers ever.  And he's an asshole as a human being

I don't think so. I think he'll be missed when he's gone. I remember for years the Rangers didn't have guys that stood in front of the net and was a presence there, and fans bitched about it. Now they do, and they bitch about it. Again, he has plenty of faults and should definitely do a little more for this size and skating. But, he deserves plenty of kudos for what he does well. As we know, a lot of players aren't willing to do that all or most of the time.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don't think so. I think he'll be missed when he's gone. I remember for years the Rangers didn't have guys that stood in front of the net and was a presence there, and fans bitched about it. Now they do, and they bitch about it. Again, he has plenty of faults and should definitely do a little more for this size and skating. But, he deserves plenty of kudos for what he does well. As we know, a lot of players aren't willing to do that all or most of the time.

im not knocking him for his tip in goals, i'm knocking him for being the softest power forward ever born

2 down. Win in WSH and put the stranglehold on this garbage team. Fuck Ovi. Fuck Oshie. Fuck Tom Wilson. Fuck John Carlson. All I see is a bunch of shit eaters who wanna taste their teeth as dessert. Fuck em. 

• Bullseye 1
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 1

Just now, phillyb said:

2 down. Win in WSH and put the stranglehold on this garbage team. Fuck Ovi. Fuck Oshie. Fuck Tom Wilson. Fuck John Carlson. All I see is a bunch of shit eaters who wanna taste their teeth as dessert. Fuck em. 

How do you feel about the Washington Capitals as a team?

• LMFAO 2

I wasn't concerned last night that the CAPS would start taking runs at our guys late - they wanted to tie the game or win. Had we been up by 3 or more goals? Holy shit! A crazy ending was sure to happen.

Same in Game 3. CAPS may come out hard and try to force some issues, but they know they have to play hockey too. The more we get ahead or keep staying ahead, the less likely that their A-holes can run around and get stupid.

Rangers need to play throat stomping ass-kicking hockey.

dave foley kicking ass GIF

• Believe 1

17 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

im not knocking him for his tip in goals, i'm knocking him for being the softest power forward ever born

Same here.  Best tipper I've ever seen.  Everyone tries to emulate him for that.   Oh, he'll show some urgency when "cherry-picking" or when there's an open net.   But, I'm with Albatross in that he's a plain ole Boston poinyetta !   Soft is an understatement. 

Despite my yapping, I love CK.  I want him to succeed.   He is so close to "legend" status in NY sports lore.   I don't want him to be the longest tenured loser.   Someone used that phrase on here recently and it would be a pity if that moniker became his reality.   Turn It Up Kreids.......

Let's Go Rangers ! 

3 minutes ago, JJ in VA said:

Despite my yapping, I love CK.  I want him to succeed.   He is so close to "legend" status in NY sports lore.   I don't want him to be the longest tenured loser.   Someone used that phrase on here recently and it would be a pity if that moniker became his reality.   Turn It Up Kreids.......

Let's Go Rangers ! 

He’s a frustrating player BECAUSE you know he can be that good. 

longest tenured loser is really harsh. The guys put up good numbers his whole career.

we win a cup with him and there’s no way he qualifies for that. 

• Applause 1

21 minutes ago, JJ in VA said:

Same here.  Best tipper I've ever seen.  Everyone tries to emulate him for that.   Oh, he'll show some urgency when "cherry-picking" or when there's an open net.   But, I'm with Albatross in that he's a plain ole Boston poinyetta !   Soft is an understatement. 

and he's an asshole

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

Somehow I doubt you were talking about him being the softest power forward ever when he scored with speed in OT against Boston in 2013, or when his one man effort broke the Rangers 30 PP funk and turned Game 5 of the Pitts series in 2014 in our favor when we were down 3 games to 1, or when his 6 on 5 goal in the last minutes of Game 5 of 2015 Wash series staved off elimination setting up a great comeback, or when his game winner with less than 90 seconds left in Game 6 against Pitts in 2022 got us to Game 7 so we could come back, or even his 6 goals in 7 games against NJ last year.

Guess he's just soft, except moments like those.

1 minute ago, Sod16 said:

Somehow I doubt you were talking about him being the softest power forward ever when he scored with speed in OT against Boston in 2013, or when his one man effort broke the Rangers 30 PP funk and turned Game 5 of the Pitts series in 2014 in our favor when we were down 3 games to 1, or when his 6 on 5 goal in the last minutes of Game 5 of 2015 Wash series staved off elimination setting up a great comeback, or when his game winner with less than 90 seconds left in Game 6 against Pitts in 2022 got us to Game 7 so we could come back, or even his 6 goals in 7 games against NJ last year.

Guess he's just soft, except moments like those.

Thats great, Sod but its 2024.  I'm sure he was great in PeeWees too

50 minutes ago, siddious said:

He’s a frustrating player BECAUSE you know he can be that good. 

longest tenured loser is really harsh. The guys put up good numbers his whole career.

we win a cup with him and there’s no way he qualifies for that. 

We with a cup with him #20 will be hanging from the rafters.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

and he's an asshole

Is there a story behind this? I admittedly don't pay attention to people's lives off the ice, but am curious if there's a story behind this since you've brought it up multiple times.

Edited by hamov glir

2 minutes ago, hamov glir said:

Is there a story behind this? I admittedly don't pay attention about people's lives off the ice, but am curious if there's a story behind this since you've brought it up multiple times.

i met him once. He came off as a entitled asshole that thinks he's the shit.  I thought he was an asshole. 

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don't think that's true. I think he's appropriately appreciated and rated.

He will be remembered as a player that always left you wanting more, he leaves too much on the table.

Even the responses from the stans to those who are critical never really directly rebut the criticism. 

He doesn't use his speed or size, yeah but he scores goals. 

He handles the puck like a hand grenade, yeah but he's statistically good at 5v5.

None of those actually answer the criticisms, at least @Phil is honest and says he just doesn't care about the shortcomings. 

Nobody's knocking the guy as a goal scorer. But a lot of people can see he's capable of much more.

So yeah, when I see that he has the most playoff goals for a Ranger, the first thing that comes to mind is that he could easily have many more if he utilized his skill set to its fullest potential. 

• Keeps it 100 2

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I don't think that's true. I think he's appropriately appreciated and rated.

He will be remembered as a player that always left you wanting more, he leaves too much on the table.

Even the responses from the stans to those who are critical never really directly rebut the criticism. 

He doesn't use his speed or size, yeah but he scores goals. 

He handles the puck like a hand grenade, yeah but he's statistically good at 5v5.

None of those actually answer the criticisms, at least @Phil is honest and says he just doesn't care about the shortcomings. 

Nobody's knocking the guy as a goal scorer. But a lot of people can see he's capable of much more.

So yeah, when I see that he has the most playoff goals for a Ranger, the first thing that comes to mind is that he could easily have many more if he utilized his skill set to its fullest potential. 

It doesn't really bother me either, but it's definitely clear he doesn't use his full skill set. I just think sometimes some may take that net presence for granted, especially when I remember they went years without someone like that. That's basically it, I guess. 

25 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It doesn't really bother me either, but it's definitely clear he doesn't use his full skill set. I just think sometimes some may take that net presence for granted, especially when I remember they went years without someone like that. That's basically it, I guess. 

I hear you. And I'll probably miss him when he's gone too. 

Put it this way, as far as the art of the tip in, it's Kreider and Pavelski and then a big gap between whoever is next, and while there's no surprise those two teams were the best in the NHL, there's a slew of other teams who don't have guys like that and still managed to win a ton of hockey games.

I think the game has evolved to a point where you just have to do more than stand there when you don't have the puck.