• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Capitals Round One — General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

19 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don't think so. I think he'll be missed when he's gone. I remember for years the Rangers didn't have guys that stood in front of the net and was a presence there, and fans bitched about it. Now they do, and they bitch about it. Again, he has plenty of faults and should definitely do a little more for this size and skating. But, he deserves plenty of kudos for what he does well. As we know, a lot of players aren't willing to do that all or most of the time.

His # will be retired and hanging from the Garden rafters.... and it should be.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

If you have to complain about hits from Artemi Panarin, you have to seriously re-evaluate your life choices.

The Capitals announcers, also known as two of the most annoying people on the planet, were screaming bloody murder about it. lol It wasn't even remotely dirty. Panarin has been great all year, but seeing him do something like that? You love to see it. Any fears you may have had about him being rag-dolled again against these guys basically went out the window in game one. Whole different mentality with him and this group.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

The Capitals announcers, also known as two of the most annoying people on the planet, were screaming bloody murder about it. lol It wasn't even remotely dirty. Panarin has been great all year, but seeing him do something like that? You love to see it. Any fears you may have had about him being rag-dolled again against these guys basically went out the window in game one. Whole different mentality with him and this group.

Whats that old song "Ive got a new attitude"? I think Bread took the "critiques" last year to heart about his complete lack of physicality last year, and the 1st round bounce to heart, Man came in w his head shaved and has been the worst nightmare of other teams. He will obviously never be a huge physical presence, nor should he, Not his game.

You could however, see him attempt body checks towards the end of the season when games would get rough. This guy is fully committed to seeing this season through come hell or high water. Commitment!

I fucking love it. Good sign for the Rangers and good for us camp followers!

• Like 1
  • Believe 1

3 minutes ago, Dem said:

Whats that old song "Ive got a new attitude"? I think Bread took the "critiques" last year to heart about his complete lack of physicality last year, and the 1st round bounce to heart, Man came in w his head shaved and has been the worst nightmare of other teams. He will obviously never be a huge physical presence, nor should he, Not his game.

You could however, see him attempt body checks towards the end of the season when games would get rough. This guy is fully committed to seeing this season through come hell or high water. Commitment!

I fucking love it. Good sign for the Rangers and good for us camp followers!

Indeed. I want this Panarin for the rest of his contract, not just this year. I am hopeful, as he looks like he's completely bought in and the most focused I've seen him, even in his past great seasons here.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Indeed. I want this Panarin for the rest of his contract, not just this year. I am hopeful, as he looks like he's completely bought in and the most focused I've seen him, even in his past great seasons here.

agreed wholeheartedly

42 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Apparently they have been blind to all the jabbing Oshie does to players during a game.

"You live by the sword, mother fucker, .....you die by it too!"  This team will NOT be intimidated.  Especially by this collection of fucking "has-beens".

I see this round as good practice to work on our playoff "game".  Get tough and dick punch these guys right in the sack.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2
  • Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Ozzy said:

Apparently they have been blind to all the jabbing Oshie does to players during a game.

"You live by the sword, mother fucker, .....you die by it too!"  This team will NOT be intimidated.  Especially by this collection of fucking "has-beens".

I see this round as good practice to work on our playoff "game".  Get tough and dick punch these guys right in the sack.

Yes. They still need to sharpen up a bit, but they'll get there. Some of these mistakes you can get away with against Washington, but will get wrecked against teams like Florida and Carolina. I'm sure they will up their game when that time comes. Also, it's rich hearing that crap from their announcers when they have Oshie, Wilson, etc. Get real. lol

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yes. They still need to sharpen up a bit, but they'll get there. Some of these mistakes you can get away with against Washington, but will get wrecked against teams like Florida and Carolina. I'm sure they will up their game when that time comes. Also, it's rich hearing that crap from their announcers when they have Oshie, Wilson, etc. Get real. lol

Poor Caps being bullied LOLOLOLOL

The Caps don't even belong in the playoffs.  They sold off players at the deadline thinking this year was done, Ovi got hot trying to catch Gretzky, and they backed in like an 18 wheeler at a truck stop.  They're missing 2 defenseman, and fucking McIlrath is a 2nd pair defenseman??????  Yeah, that's a playoff contender!!! 

Yeah....play your fucking 4 or 5 playoff bonus games, take your chippy bullshit and go home.  They're not even worth fighting!  They fucking stink!

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

The Caps don't even belong in the playoffs.  They sold off players at the deadline thinking this year was done, Ovi got hot trying to catch Gretzky, and they backed in like an 18 wheeler at a truck stop.  They're missing 2 defenseman, and fucking McIlrath is a 2nd pair defenseman??????  Yeah, that's a playoff contender!!! 

Yeah....play your fucking 4 or 5 playoff bonus games, take your chippy bullshit and go home.  They're not even worth fighting!  They fucking stink!

Indeed. Hopefully they end them in Washington this weekend.

Indeed. Hopefully they end them in Washington this weekend.

I live in Va. My daughter said game 4 ticket prices are plummeting and she was able to get seats lower bowl behind the net 15 rows up very reasonably.

• Applause 1

32 minutes ago, Dem said:

I live in Va. My daughter said game 4 ticket prices are plummeting and she was able to get seats lower bowl behind the net 15 rows up very reasonably.

I've been debating whether to buy before or after Game 3. If it's 3-0, they'll be giving them away. I may pay more if it's 2-1.

From another thread, @RangersLEETCH asked and I tried my best to think of who comes out. 

10 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Speaking of Chytil I heard that he’s traveling to DC today?? Which means if he plays do the Rangers send down Rempe? If that occurs  the Rangers will become targets for Wilson and McIlrath …. Love see to Chytil out there but dislike  the idea of Rempe not being there for enforcement 

LGR 

4 minutes ago, phillyb said:

That's a good question. You don't have to "send anyone down" per se, but you're asking who comes out of the lineup if Chytil is good to go. And at this point, it's between Rempe, Goodrow, Wennberg, Cuylle, and Roslovic. Rempe and Roslovic have both scored already in the playoffs. Goodrow is built for the playoffs. Cuylle's been tossing the body. Maybe Wenneberg is the odd man out. 

I'll take that trade off. 

5 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Now Chytil is a center, Rempe is a winger so 2 different positions …. Will Vesey be out? I’m guessing here…. 
LGR

I would be pretty surprised if Lavvy changed anything right now, Ed.  It ain't broke....so we ain't fixin' it!  😃

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

18 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I would be pretty surprised if Lavvy changed anything right now, Ed.  It ain't broke....so we ain't fixin' it!  😃

Agreed, keep rolling the lines that got you here. If anything it's only going to get more physical the next 2 games in Washington, no reason to risk another injury to Chyts.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

53 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True! 

I MUST say as philyb said to see a bunch of 30 year olds obsessed with a 21 year old. It’s sad when you think about it. The new kid in the block as Reaves of the Toronto Maple Leafs said “the kid is going to be a terror for years to come.” He said something along those lines. Reaves put the whole league on notice cause let’s face it this kid who is only 21 can improve …. Imagine how much of an impact Rempe will have when he learns to skate a little bit better! Oyyyy veeeyyy!!

LGR