• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Capitals Round One — General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

On 4/21/2024 at 3:15 PM, Dem said:

Let's get the party started. Have to watch ESPN so I'm subjected to slewban the fucking clown. 

Is it me or does Mess look like he's gonna deck this clown?    What an asshat, won't stop running his mouth.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JJ in VA said:

Is it me or does Mess look like he's gonna deck this clown?    What an asshat, won't stop running his mouth.

I truly wish he would. Def have seen Mess w that look both in game and in the studio w the clown,

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 2

1 minute ago, Dem said:

I truly wish he would. Def have seen Mess w that look both in game and in the studio w the clown,

Mess pulling the magnifying glass out looking for Schluuban's name was classic.

• JIMMY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I think Messier actually likes PK.  He plays around with him a lot, and as much as I think PK's a jackass, he is kinda funny sometimes.

I agree, their chemistry is much better without Chelios. 

They're in a good rhythm right now. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I agree, their chemistry is much better without Chelios. 

They're in a good rhythm right now. 

I kinda get the same feel with Bissonette.  Some of his shit on youtube is really funny.  I know he's a homer Leafs fan, but I'd be the biggest homer Rangers fan on mine too...so fuck it.

His golfing videos with Whitney are fucking hilarious!  LOL

Edited by Ozzy

IMO, the Caps played their game plan last night, a physical, defensive game. And we still beat them. I expect more of the same Game 3, and wouldn't be surprised if they try to take shots at Panarin. If we keep our cool and let the Refs handle it the way they have the past 2 games, we own them.

9 minutes ago, RangerDanger said:

IMO, the Caps played their game plan last night, a physical, defensive game. And we still beat them. I expect more of the same Game 3, and wouldn't be surprised if they try to take shots at Panarin. If we keep our cool and let the Refs handle it the way they have the past 2 games, we own them.

Well the good thing is we should be done with McCauley and Sutherland now since they did the 1st 2 games. McCauley and Co. totally lost control of that game. You either swallow your whistle and call nothing or you’re ticky tacky. I don’t think anyone on the ice knew what constituted as a penalty last night. Just totally unprofessional, stupid, and quite frankly, dangerous. I don’t think anyone from either side could be pleased with the job of the officiating crew last night. And I honestly don’t know how the NHL can watch that and think they did a good job. It almost spiraled out of control. A joke.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

'One day' could very well be on Friday. I'm kind of expecting shit to go down in Washington.

I think the only way it goes down is if it’s a blowout and they just force the issue or start taking runs at our guys.

But I also see the Rangers just letting them try and get under their skin, smiling, taking the PP’s and really making them pay.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I think the only way it goes down is if it’s a blowout and they just force the issue or start taking runs at our guys.

But I also see the Rangers just letting them try and get under their skin, smiling, taking the PP’s and really making them pay.

Either way, this team can beat you no matter what. As much as Rempe likes to drop them, he also knows just when to do enough to be annoying. I think it's something he'll only get better at too. It's such a big difference when he's in the lineup. Not only does he make opponents shy away from some of our guys, but he also injects the team with bigger balls, it seems.

45 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Either way, this team can beat you no matter what. As much as Rempe likes to drop them, he also knows just when to do enough to be annoying. I think it's something he'll only get better at too. It's such a big difference when he's in the lineup. Not only does he make opponents shy away from some of our guys, but he also injects the team with bigger balls, it seems.

Yep. And as much as rival fans want to act like he’s a plug who can’t play, they clearly don’t have fully functioning eyeballs. He isn’t terrible. He is always in on the forecheck. He has reach. He’s not stupid when the puck is on his stick. He keeps it simple. He’s not what they think he is. I’m not saying he’s the Second Coming. But for a guy his size and in his role, he’s not overmatched up here.

And spot on with the first part too. Valiquette actually said it perfectly last night. This team can beat you on the ice or in an alley in a street fight. And they don’t get rattled. They know the job, they know the mission. Just a different feel. This is a game by game thing, and this team doesn’t like losing games.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Yep. And as much as rival fans want to act like he’s a plug who can’t play, they clearly don’t have fully functioning eyeballs. He isn’t terrible. He is always in on the forecheck. He has reach. He’s not stupid when the puck is on his stick. He keeps it simple. He’s not what they think he is. I’m not saying he’s the Second Coming. But for a guy his size and in his role, he’s not overmatched up here.

And spot on with the first part too. Valiquette actually said it perfectly last night. This team can beat you on the ice or in an alley in a street fight. And they don’t get rattled. They know the job, they know the mission. Just a different feel. This is a game by game thing, and this team doesn’t like losing games.

It seems like a lot of average hockey fans just don't know what they're talking about and just can't observe and think for themselves. They're all just reactionary, and believe what the NHL talking heads say as gospel. It's pretty sad.

Washington has a lot more than Rempe to worry about;

Ovechkin has looked.....

FUCKING TERRIBLE!!!

He's actually a liability out there.  Watch the shorty goal from last night...This is a guy who is not even trying.  He coughs up the puck, chases the play half-hearted and goes toward Mika, around behind the net, not picking up the trailing Miller.  Just all bad play from a guy that knows WAY better!

He's got his ring and he's got all his money.  He seems to want absolutely nothing to do with this series. 

He wants his goal scoring record, and that can only be done in the regular season.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Valriera said:

To be fair at his age and career, I’d only want that too 

When he gets compared to Sid, I keep thinking I'd rather have Crosby in a playoff series.  You'd never see Sid play like that.  EVER!

• Like 1

Ovechkin is awesome, no doubt. But if I'm building a team, I think I'm taking Crosby first every time.

Yeah, he's just playing out the string at this point. Father time remains undefeated, and the team around him has gotten worse. He'll go down as the best goal scorer of all time. I never thought I'd see someone ever break Wayne's record, it's remarkable.

• Applause 1