• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Patrick Kane From Blackhawks for 2023 Conditional 2nd Round Pick and a 4th Round Pick

Phil

53 minutes ago, Pete said:

Ranger-itis is creeping in where I now fear that when we see him nightly, it's gonna be like "That's it?"...In recent memory, the only superstar to come here and have me at the edge of my seat when he's got the puck has been Panarin.

Richard's had me for a little while. But yeah Panarin takes the cake.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

I know my posts have sounded a bit negative but if we do clean up the back end we will be a force

Gallant has already said he's not asking Panarin or Tarasenko to play a trap style game. I don't agree with him, but it is what it is. We have to hope the playoff games they are a part of look like last year's Oilers' playoff games, but with a better end result, rather than a neutral zone clog fest where the other team is doing the clogging and the Rangers are making mistakes as a result.

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Gallant has already said he's not asking Panarin or Tarasenko to play a trap style game. I don't agree with him, but it is what it is. We have to hope the playoff games they are a part of look like last year's Oilers' playoff games, but with a better end result, rather than a neutral zone clog fest where the other team is doing the clogging and the Rangers are making mistakes as a result.

Nor should he. But that's not the issue. It's their in-zone defense that's a problem.

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

Nor should he. But that's not the issue. It's their in-zone defense that's a problem.

I don't disagree that in-zone defense can be an issue at times, but I feel the worse issue is they give up way too many odd man rushes and chances off the rush.

I have a tendency to believe that this team is so talented, they don't need many offensive opportunities to score a few goals. I'd rather they sit back and counter, rather than press the issue and open themselves up to consistent odd man rushes against.

If Cooper can ask Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, etc., to buy in to this approach, I don't see why Gallant can't or shouldn't ask Panarin and co.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Like 1