• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Patrick Kane From Blackhawks for 2023 Conditional 2nd Round Pick and a 4th Round Pick

Phil

24 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

2 cups in 83 years. The big name on Broadway has worked one time. This management literally tries to pry every big name here. Why do we keep running it back? Why do fans think, "This time will be different!"

It won't be. Kane is not the guy here. Hopes and dreams are not going to make him click on this roster. I hope the guy has Uber success for his last couple of years, just not here. He isn't one of the missing pieces. 

Haven’t you heard? It was all the coach’s fault! 🥴

Edited by BrooksBurner

I have also gotten tired of the mantra that all the Rangers do is bring in the old washups and whatnot. That's certainly very true, but that was awhile ago. They've been really good about not doing that for quite some time now. Kane last year, and St. Louis back in 2014. Certainly not everyone they've brought in has been great regardless, but those are the big two who were really good and just came here when they were done. The Rangers of the late 90's and early 2000's did that ad nauseum. Not only that, but they would bring them in and not really have a role for them, or play them how they weren't used to be playing, something to that effect.

St. Louis was definitely pretty much done (although solid in the '14 playoffs), Kane I think still has at least a couple of really good years left, he was just hurt.

34 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

As always it's all about the cap space. 

Absolutely!  ...but how do we NOT take him back, if he's willing to work it out here???  Now that he getting fixed up too!

He expressed interest in coming back, but also said it's unlikely because of their cap situation and the need to re-sign some of their guys. In knowing the unlikeliness of it all, I don't really see him taking a team-friendly deal out of the kindness of his heart. If they are able to work something out, then great. But, I'm expecting him to be elsewhere next season.

• Keeps it 100 1