• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Patrick Kane From Blackhawks for 2023 Conditional 2nd Round Pick and a 4th Round Pick

Phil

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Trouba is Gorton's mess. I know they named him captain, but deep down Drury can't be thrilled with him, and especially the contract.

Yeah, aside from Motte, nothing we've done has fixed the team's biggest issues. My deepest fear is that this becomes a legendary addition to the "LOL Rags" reputation of trying to buy Cups and failing miserably. 

1 minute ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

Yeah, aside from Motte, nothing we've done has fixed the team's biggest issues. My deepest fear is that this becomes a legendary addition to the "LOL Rags" reputation of trying to buy Cups and failing miserably. 

The price on this one is pretty low, though.  How could we not make this deal?

• Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

This isn’t last year. The condition was a bit more far fetched and unlikely to trigger. The fact it did was ecstasy for a rising team, but making ECF to lose this year is a failure. If it converts and they lose, I’ll be upset. Needed the condition to be hardware.

Or at least make the Final, not the Conference Finals.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

I agree with your concerns and I could totally see them getting stomped in the first round if the defense and goaltending don't get better. As far as this trade goes, while it doesn't really address a need, this is one that is still too good to pass up. Even more so when how much some of the other teams in the Conference have bolstered themselves.

• Bullseye 1

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The price on this one is pretty low, though.  How could we not make this deal?

Don’t get me wrong, I still make this deal as it’s written, I just feel like it didn’t have to be as loose on the condition. For 25% cap Kane, Kravtsov/cond. 1st/4th is still a win. I’m ready for the rest of this season and seriously hope it results in a Cup win

• Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Don’t get me wrong, I still make this deal as it’s written, I just feel like it didn’t have to be as loose on the condition. For 25% cap Kane, Kravtsov/cond. 1st/4th is still a win. I’m ready for the rest of this season and seriously hope it results in a Cup win

That's where I'm at RMC!  Now we're in it...all chips in the center, and here we go!!!

I'd trade it all for that Silver thing!!  LOL

Edited by Ozzy
  • Believe 1

Ranger-itis is creeping in where I now fear that when we see him nightly, it's gonna be like "That's it?"...In recent memory, the only superstar to come here and have me at the edge of my seat when he's got the puck has been Panarin.

• Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

dont forget the 2026 7th rounder we got from VAN. that really tilts it in our favor

• LOL 1

Just now, Pete said:

Ranger-itis is creeping in where I now fear that when we see him nightly, it's gonna be like "That's it?"...In recent memory, the only superstar to come here and have me at the edge of my seat when he's got the puck has been Panarin.

I thought Jagr was pretty good too.

Dude, you gotta be pumped.  You called this shit last year!!!  This is your boy, Pete!!  I'm really stoked for the game tomorrow night!  This run is going to be something to remember!  Kane still has it!  ...and you know it!!!  😃

Just now, Ozzy said:

I thought Jagr was pretty good too.

Dude, you gotta be pumped.  You called this shit last year!!!  This is your boy, Pete!!  I'm really stoked for the game tomorrow night!  This run is going to be something to remember!  Kane still has it!  ...and you know it!!!  😃

Jagr was boring to watch at the point he came here. It was all play on the walls, cycling in NZ looking for lanes, etc. Kane has been the most exciting player to watch in the NHL since he came into the league, up until McDavid IMO.

Just now, Pete said:

Jagr was boring to watch at the point he came here. It was all play on the walls, cycling in NZ looking for lanes, etc. Kane has been the most exciting player to watch in the NHL since he came into the league, up until McDavid IMO.

We have "Jagr Jr." now with Kakko!!  LOL

19 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

I swear I'm not saying this to be contrarian, but I stand by my thought in the other thread. The team is a turnover-riddled defensive mess, and our likeliest first round opponent is the most opportunistic team in the league. Offense clamps down in the playoffs; scoring 6 goals to win is not sustainable. 

The return is mild enough that the trade is inoffensive, but I still don't get it. Reeks to me of "we'll do it because we can and why not?" I have a pit in my stomach that this is really gonna add to the embarrassment when we get swept by NJ because Trouba's a pylon, we're starting Mikkola, and every line is constantly committing egregious turnovers.

This is an interesting take.   I would add that if you run a team like a fantasy hockey team and look to maximize production, the pieces don't necessarily fit.  Tarasenko hasn't fit in seamlessly, I think there is still some juggling of lines to see where he fits in best.

My initial reaction (and hope) is that we find 3 top lines that play well together, and we use the remaining games of the regular season to test line combinations so that we are peaking heading into the playoffs.  On paper we have the offensive firepower for a deep playoff run.

Shesterkin still has to get right.  Since ASG he's had one game where he's given up less than 3 goals a game.  Fortunately, it was the latest game, so hopefully he's breaking out of his slump and playing better.

It would help if we locked things down better in the defensive zone, at least during the playoffs.  Stick lifts, backchecks, physical play near the net.  Not have Shesterkin have to stand on his head from too many high danger chances.

We'll see.  Rangers are going to be judged by their playoff performance.  And it could well be the Devils in the first round. 

• Bullseye 1
  • VINNY! 1