• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Patrick Kane From Blackhawks for 2023 Conditional 2nd Round Pick and a 4th Round Pick

Phil

5 minutes ago, siddious said:

I don’t care what anyone says we’re going to eat the devils alive in the playoffs. 

Boston, Tampa, and Toronto might be a different story but I think we can easily keep up With and certainly my beat any of them. Bruins, after recent trades the only team

that really scares me now. 

I keep thinking Florida would be our easiest team in the playoffs

Interesting comparison to 2014, when Slats somehow paid dearly for St. Louis even though he had demanded a trade and would only go to the Rangers.  Drury obviously more savvy.  I'm shocked Jones is still with us.

Nice touch is the 2nd becoming a first if we make it to the Conf. finals but is moved to 2024 (this year is considered the better draft).

• TroCheckmark 1

32 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

PP is gonna be interesting...

Kreider-Zibanejad-Kane

Panarin-Fox

Kakko-Trocheck-Lafreniere

Trouba-Tarasenko

No room for Chytil or Key.

I think I'm with you on PP1, if Zib is in the bumper. 

Kreider

Panarin - Zib - Kane

Fox

PP2, I would go:

Trocheck

Laf/Kakko - Chytil - Tarasenko

Miller (but I know it will be Trouba)

I'm torn on Lafreniere or Kakko on the boards. I think Kakko has earned it more, but I also think Lafreniere is actually more talented distributing the puck with space.

Fucking A Man, I am going to get F'd!!!!!  

I got a friggin bat mitzvah to attend on June 17th in North Carolina.  That date would be around Game 5-Game 7 depending on when they start the Final.  Apparently the SCF is tentatively scheduled to start June 8 

Starting to think of my contingency plans of how I can fly down or back if one of the home games in June 16th or 17th.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

Ranger-itis is creeping in where I now fear that when we see him nightly, it's gonna be like "That's it?"...In recent memory, the only superstar to come here and have me at the edge of my seat when he's got the puck has been Panarin.

I mean, let's not expect him to turn back the clock to like 2013/2014. He's, what, 35 years old? But he's clearly still got some of that je ne sais quoi that makes him a complete force. He was being a pouty little bitch in Chicago. It should be nothing but smiles here in NY.

• Believe 1

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

I got a friggin bat mitzvah to attend on June 17th in North Carolina.  That date would be around Game 5-Game 7 depending on when they start the Final.  Apparently the SCF is tentatively scheduled to start June 8 

Starting to think of my contingency plans of how I can fly down or back if one of the home games in June 16th or 17th.  

That's the fucking spirit. Let's start planning our Junes out boys! 

1 minute ago, Blue Heaven said:

This is superb!!! 

2 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

I mean, let's not expect him to turn back the clock to like 2013/2014. He's, what, 35 years old? But he's clearly still got some of that je ne sais quoi that makes him a complete force. He was being a pouty little bitch in Chicago. It should be nothing but smiles here in NY.

He was playing with Domi and Athanasiou in CHI....There's a significant increase in talent level LOL.

1 hour ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

I swear I'm not saying this to be contrarian, but I stand by my thought in the other thread. The team is a turnover-riddled defensive mess, and our likeliest first round opponent is the most opportunistic team in the league. Offense clamps down in the playoffs; scoring 6 goals to win is not sustainable. 

The return is mild enough that the trade is inoffensive, but I still don't get it. Reeks to me of "we'll do it because we can and why not?" I have a pit in my stomach that this is really gonna add to the embarrassment when we get swept by NJ because Trouba's a pylon, we're starting Mikkola, and every line is constantly committing egregious turnovers.

The defense is worrisome no doubt but we haven't even seen Kane play yet plus who knows how much of a jump the kids make in the next few weeks?