• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Patrick Kane From Blackhawks for 2023 Conditional 2nd Round Pick and a 4th Round Pick

Phil

Didn't MSL get traded early in the day and made sure his ass was in NY to play that night?  I think remember them making a big deal about that.  This motherfucker has been in Buffalo for 2-3 days, there is no way he can't catch a flight to Philadelphia to meet up with the team.  Or, idk, right fucking now maybe.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Is Zech just some throw away placeholder for tomorrow's game? 

Same rules should apply as the other night, but they've returned Carpenter, Miller is suspended and there's still no word on Lindgren. Not sure how Kane isn't required to dress against Philly. Rangers don't have an extra player.

20-93-91

10-16-26

13-72-24

14-21---

5-23

77-8

Uhhhhhhh

I don't see the league OKing the Rangers playing with just 15 skaters.

Maybe Lindgren is back and Miller doesn't have to serve his suspension right away?  Or do they actually have more cap space than we think?

This is weird. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

How's he not in NY already though? This has been a done deal for days. 

He wasn’t going to fly to NY before a trade is official and I’m willing to bet there are some things negotiated into the CBA by the NHLPA for a grace period before being required to report after a trade. Some report asap. Some take a day or two. I’m a tad surprised he isn’t playing tomorrow though. 

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Is Zech just some throw away placeholder for tomorrow's game? 

Same rules should apply as the other night, but they've returned Carpenter, Miller is suspended and there's still no word on Lindgren. Not sure how Kane isn't required to dress against Philly. Rangers don't have an extra player.

20-93-91

10-16-26

13-72-24

14-21---

5-23

77-8

Uhhhhhhh

I don't see the league OKing the Rangers playing with just 15 skaters.

Maybe Lindgren is back and Miller doesn't have to serve his suspension right away?  Or do they actually have more cap space than we think?

This is weird. 

Schneider's back up. And Lindgren is already out of a sling, to nobody's surprise. If he's not ready, could just dress him and not skate him.

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Didn't MSL get traded early in the day and made sure his ass was in NY to play that night?  I think remember them making a big deal about that.  This motherfucker has been in Buffalo for 2-3 days, there is no way he can't catch a flight to Philadelphia to meet up with the team.  Or, idk, right fucking now maybe.

His prima donna is already showing. Great. LOL 

2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Has he been in Buffalo? The last I read was he left the team and remained in Chicago. No?

• Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

He wasn’t going to fly to NY before a trade is official and I’m willing to bet there are some things negotiated into the CBA by the NHLPA for a grace period before being required to report after a trade. Some report asap. Some take a day or two. I’m a tad surprised he isn’t playing tomorrow though. 

Wasn't it reported he flew home (Buffalo as per SBRichter?) days ago? I mean.. He knew this was happening. He made it happen. 

Weird. 

Even an easier flight because of way more options than Buffalo to Philly. Regardless clearly he wants to take the extra time.  All the stuff I read just said he left the team and headed home a couple days ago. My thought was home was still CH at that time but i guess it doesn't matter at this point he's chosen to not play tomorrow.

Edited by jsrangers

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Wasn't it reported he flew home (Buffalo as per SBRichter?) days ago? I mean.. He knew this was happening. He made it happen. 

Weird. 

Last I read was he returned to Chicago after playing in Dallas. This was 3 days ago. 

Chicago Blackhawks star right winger Patrick Kane has left the team ahead of Saturday night's game against the San Jose Sharks and returned to Chicago, the team announced Saturday.

Kane's departure is sure to reignite speculation of his eventual trade to the New York Rangers, who are considered the favorite to land his services ahead of the NHL's March 3 trade deadline.

"As of today, he has flown back to Chicago to, I think, until the situation rectifies itself either way," coach Luke Richardson said after Chicago's morning skate on Saturday

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/35733701/sources-blackhawks-kane-leaves-road-trip-amid-trade-hopes

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Weird. 

Home is Chicago. Buffalo is where he was born. 

• Phil changed the title to Rangers Acquire Patrick Kane From Blackhawks for 2023 Conditional 2nd Round Pick and a 4th Round Pick
14 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Getting Patrick Kane for pennies on the dollar is a no brainer. However, it makes me wish we didn't do the Tarasenko deal. We are still missing pieces.

They're really not. They don't have much by way of insurance, but the presumed lineup is rock solid.

• Bullseye 2

16 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

They're really not missing pieces, more like missing defensive structure.

And that ain't getting fixed so long as GG is coach, so the current construction is as good as it gets. The goal is to ride elite goal tending and arguably the deepest offensive depth in the league and see how far it takes them.

If they fail early, I think GG is out on his ass, at which point we can figure out whatever the hell comes next.

Just now, Phil said:

And that ain't getting fixed so long as GG is coach, so the current construction is as good as it gets. The goal is to ride elite goal tending and arguably the deepest offensive depth in the league and see how far it takes them.

If they fail early, I think GG is out on his ass, at which point we can figure out whatever the hell comes next.

I think so too. You hope Shesterkin gets hot, but the weakness with this team is the coaching. These moves are basically forcing Gallant's hand to put out four really good lines. It's like you have to dumb it down for him so he can't screw with things too much.

With Kane coming in now you wonder just how much it eats into the playtime for the kid's line, which has obviously been very good.