• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Patrick Kane From Blackhawks for 2023 Conditional 2nd Round Pick and a 4th Round Pick

Phil

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

I don't disagree that in-zone defense can be an issue at times, but I feel the worse issue is they give up way too many odd man rushes and chances off the rush.

I have a tendency to believe that this team is so talented, they don't need many offensive opportunities to score a few goals. I'd rather they sit back and counter, rather than press the issue and open themselves up to consistent odd man rushes against.

If Cooper can ask Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, etc., to buy in to this approach, I don't see why Gallant can't or shouldn't ask Panarin and co.

Maybe if he approached them with an actual plan, they'd buy into it.

But we all know he doesn't have a plan.

And we all know he just tells them to play harder on defense while they all look at each other and say "where should I be?"

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

For the record, I really don't want to be correct about that.

Unfortunately your subscription to this site is about to be revoked, so you'll have to pay for New York Post Plus to read about what happens here. 

Edited by Pete
  • LMFAO 1
  • The Chyt! 1
  • Applause 1

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Sorry fellas, I just got the call!  I was just traded to the Hawks along with the 2nd round pick!  Apparently they need someone to do their Quote of the GDT's out in Chicago!  LOL

We better not be retaining half your salary. I've got bill's to pay, and St. Patrick's Day is coming up.

• LMFAO 1

4 hours ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

I swear I'm not saying this to be contrarian, but I stand by my thought in the other thread. The team is a turnover-riddled defensive mess, and our likeliest first round opponent is the most opportunistic team in the league. Offense clamps down in the playoffs; scoring 6 goals to win is not sustainable. 

The return is mild enough that the trade is inoffensive, but I still don't get it. Reeks to me of "we'll do it because we can and why not?" I have a pit in my stomach that this is really gonna add to the embarrassment when we get swept by NJ because Trouba's a pylon, we're starting Mikkola, and every line is constantly committing egregious turnovers.

If they don't get out of the 1st round, it will be an even bigger embarrassment. They better come out swinging.

4 hours ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

Yeah, aside from Motte, nothing we've done has fixed the team's biggest issues. My deepest fear is that this becomes a legendary addition to the "LOL Rags" reputation of trying to buy Cups and failing miserably. 

Agree

I'd say that this going pear shaped is the probable outcome. Core forwards are a completely random group of players. Mostly very soft. Very weird mix. Half of the top 6 are just names that were available, so we gobbled them up. 

However, it's fun so let's see how it plays out. 

• Keeps it 100 1