• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Patrick Kane From Blackhawks for 2023 Conditional 2nd Round Pick and a 4th Round Pick

Phil

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

This isn’t last year. The condition was a bit more far fetched and unlikely to trigger. The fact it did was ecstasy for a rising team, but making ECF to lose this year is a failure. If it converts and they lose, I’ll be upset. Needed the condition to be hardware.

I've got nothing to strongly support this but if we make the ECF I say we go all the way.  That means things are going well with our 2 acquisitions and Shesty is playing well.

• Believe 1

3 minutes ago, Bieser said:

I've got nothing to strongly support this but if we make the ECF I say we go all the way.  That means things are going well with our 2 acquisitions and Shesty is playing well.

Hypothetically it strongly means Bruins or Tampa blocking the way in the ECF, with an outside chance at worst case scenario: the Leafs have put it together and are a wrecking ball who took out the Lightning and Bruins. Just making the ECF doesn’t mean much this year tbh.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

9 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Who are you realistically bumping out of the lineup on D? Lindgren, Fox, Miller, Trouba, Mikkola, Schneider?

I guess a power forward like JVR might add more grit, but he's been a shitty player for a while and has lackluster playoff numbers. Again, who's the target that works?

I'd of liked to fit in Bonino, which also pushes relying on Zib on PK among other things. Just the kind of boring player the team needs on the 4th line to end the cycle of Lychschschscn & Carpenters 

3 minutes ago, Winter said:

I'd of liked to fit in Bonino, which also pushes relying on Zib on PK among other things. Just the kind of boring player the team needs on the 4th line to end the cycle of Lychschschscn & Carpenters 

Those guys are gone now. Kane and Tarasenko completes the top 6, the kids will be the 3rd line again and Vesey - Goodrow - Motte will be the 4th line. It’s perfect.

Could’ve used a decent 13th forward, but there’s no cap.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

When a player of Kane's ability becomes available at the price we are paying for him, you take it every time.

I'd be hard pressed to find a top 9 forward corps in the the league that is better on paper

Krieder-Zib-Tarasenko

Panarin-Trochek-Kane

Kids

That is gonna be dangerous, and other teams are gonna have a hard time trying to matchup lines when every one of them can be dangerous. 

And as much as the East is a dangerous conference to be in right now, I think we beat the Devils in a 7 game series 9-10 times, even with Meier, and we've already shown we can beat the canes. Let the Leafs, Bruins, and Lightning beat up on each other beforehand. We'll be ready. 

Edited by BlairBettsBlocksEverything
  • Like 1
  • Believe 2

Just now, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Those guys are gone now. Kane and Tarasenko completes the top 6, the kids will be the 3rd line again and Vesey - Goodrow - Motte will be the 4th line. It’s perfect.

Could’ve used a decent 13th forward, but there’s no cap.

You underestimate the power of Gallant. 

I swear I'm not saying this to be contrarian, but I stand by my thought in the other thread. The team is a turnover-riddled defensive mess, and our likeliest first round opponent is the most opportunistic team in the league. Offense clamps down in the playoffs; scoring 6 goals to win is not sustainable. 

The return is mild enough that the trade is inoffensive, but I still don't get it. Reeks to me of "we'll do it because we can and why not?" I have a pit in my stomach that this is really gonna add to the embarrassment when we get swept by NJ because Trouba's a pylon, we're starting Mikkola, and every line is constantly committing egregious turnovers.

• TroCheckmark 1

4 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

I swear I'm not saying this to be contrarian, but I stand by my thought in the other thread. The team is a turnover-riddled defensive mess, and our likeliest first round opponent is the most opportunistic team in the league. Offense clamps down in the playoffs; scoring 6 goals to win is not sustainable. 

The return is mild enough that the trade is inoffensive, but I still don't get it. Reeks to me of "we'll do it because we can and why not?" I have a pit in my stomach that this is really gonna add to the embarrassment when we get swept by NJ because Trouba's a pylon, we're starting Mikkola, and every line is constantly committing egregious turnovers.

Trouba is Gorton's mess. I know they named him captain, but deep down Drury can't be thrilled with him, and especially the contract.