• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Patrick Kane From Blackhawks for 2023 Conditional 2nd Round Pick and a 4th Round Pick

Phil

8 hours ago, Karan said:

I miss your Don Cherry takes. Post more often please 😛 

Just like Staple said.. we've collected instead of assembling.

There's a reason guys like Jeannot went for what they went for  and it's what we tried to get with Blais. Big boys that can move up and down lineup, and provide different looks/dynamics.

We now have one dynamic. Very Toronto Maple Leafs.

Let's see how it plays out. It'll be entertaining either way.

• Believe 1

5 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Just like Staple said.. we've collected instead of assembling.

There's a reason guys like Jeannot went for what they went for  and it's what we tried to get with Blais. Big boys that can move up and down lineup, and provide different looks/dynamics.

We now have one dynamic. Very Toronto Maple Leafs.

Let's see how it plays out. It'll be entertaining either way.

in regards to Jeannot, Tampa gave up that much because he fills a need and they plan on extending him to a long term, cheap contract. If they sign him 6 years 2.5per year he's worth the investment.

Also i disagree with saying we collected and didn't assemble. Going into the deadline, I think it was clear we needed at least one more impactful winger. No disrespect to these players, but cup contending teams don't have Vesey and Goodrow in the top 6.

You can find quotes from me on here saying I wanted a depth 4th liner (Motte) and another Dman (even after we got Mikkola). Kane adds more than a depth defenseman would. I would rather have Patrick Kane and Ben Harpur in the line up vs. No Kane and Justin Braun (random name, insert any other depth Dman you can think of) in and out of the lineup.

We got what we needed, and Drury did it cheaply. We have scoring threats on all 4 lines now. We have depth up and down the lineup, we have a dangerous PP, a goalie who, despite some recent struggles we should have all the confidence in the world in, and we have a D corps who, again, despite some defensive struggles recently, at their best is  comparable to any contending team in the league. 

• Believe 1

Tarasenko -> better than Vatrano

Kane -> different, better than Copp

Motte -> same as Motte

Mikkola -> better than Braun

This team had the same holes as last year. I think we did a decent job filling them. Plus the kids look better, and Trocheck needs to show up to be better than Strome. Now we just need Igor to be Igor.

Edited by Cash or Czech
  • Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 4

44 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Motte -> same as Motte

This team had the same holes as last year. I think we did a decent job filling them. Plus the kids look better, and Trocheck needs to show up to be better than Strome. Now we just need Igor to be Igor.

Actually, I think Motte is better than Motte.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

in regards to Jeannot, Tampa gave up that much because he fills a need and they plan on extending him to a long term, cheap contract. If they sign him 6 years 2.5per year he's worth the investment.

Also i disagree with saying we collected and didn't assemble. Going into the deadline, I think it was clear we needed at least one more impactful winger. No disrespect to these players, but cup contending teams don't have Vesey and Goodrow in the top 6.

You can find quotes from me on here saying I wanted a depth 4th liner (Motte) and another Dman (even after we got Mikkola). Kane adds more than a depth defenseman would. I would rather have Patrick Kane and Ben Harpur in the line up vs. No Kane and Justin Braun (random name, insert any other depth Dman you can think of) in and out of the lineup.

We got what we needed, and Drury did it cheaply. We have scoring threats on all 4 lines now. We have depth up and down the lineup, we have a dangerous PP, a goalie who, despite some recent struggles we should have all the confidence in the world in, and we have a D corps who, again, despite some defensive struggles recently, at their best is  comparable to any contending team in the league. 

Well I’m looking at it like this…

Approaching the deadline, we all knew they needed:

1)Top-6 RW

2) Bottom-pair LD

3) 4th line forward.

Drury went and got those 3 in the 2 deals for Tarasenko, Mikkola, and Motte.

Then we all said they needed another 4th line guy… preferably a C

Getting Kane fills that need.

It creates not only a 4th line of:

Vesey-Goodrow-Motte

But it puts 9 top-9 forwards in your top-9, and distributes offense throughout. 

They are better

Roster is whole and talented.

Make your run.

• Like 3
  • Bullseye 1
  • The Chyt! 1
  • Believe 1

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

lol As I said earlier in the thread, Drury dumbed it down for him with the moves made.

It's funny how Drury have to make trades to force Gallant to play the right lines.

He made it basically impossible for him to use some turd as 4th line center and forced him to play Goodrow at 4C.

Would've been easier to get a new HC, but this works too I guess.

• Like 2
  • Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

It's funny how Drury have to make trades to force Gallant to play the right lines.

He made it basically impossible for him to use some turd as 4th line center and forced him to play Goodrow at 4C.

If they bow out of the playoffs early, a new coach may be coming anyway.

• Bullseye 1

40 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

If they bow out of the playoffs early, a new coach may be coming anyway.

And it should. With this loaded roster (obviously if it works as we think it should) barring total disappearance of both goaltenders the buck stops at galant 

30 minutes ago, Art20c said:

And it should. With this loaded roster (obviously if it works as we think it should) barring total disappearance of both goaltenders the buck stops at galant 

Yes. Even though the East is loaded and there will be some good teams eliminated that get eliminated in the first round, the pressure is on.

1 minute ago, PotvinSucks64 said:

Although I'm not complaining about getting Kane....I would have also liked bringing #27 back to the Garden. Seems like the Preds are on the sell market. Ryan is steady and playoff proven. I guess with the salary cap issue it wasn't possible. 

With three more years at $6.75M? Not a chance.

Yeah I get it.. still miss that guyAlthough I'm not complaining about getting Kane....I would have also liked bringing #27 back to the Garden. Seems like the Preds are on the sell market. Ryan is steady and playoff proven. I guess with the salary cap issue it wasn't possible. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I think this will give a boost to more than just Panarin.

Lafrenière spells spaghetti K-a-n-e. 

He's fat, lazy AND stupid. 

(Coming from the dope who though 70×10 was 70, what a dumb bastard). 

• LMFAO 1

4 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Been suggesting they do this for months. Push his favorite toys to the 4th line where they belong,  which should force him to roll 4 lines. 

But in reality, this just means the kid line becomes line 4.  But that's some top 6. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PotvinSucks64 said:

Although I'm not complaining about getting Kane....I would have also liked bringing #27 back to the Garden. Seems like the Preds are on the sell market. Ryan is steady and playoff proven. I guess with the salary cap issue it wasn't possible. 

That thought definitely crossed my mind a month ago. Hrd be a good fit. That cap hit though. Ooph...  2 or 3 more years still left on his deal.. Just couldn't happen.

Edited by The Dude

On 3/1/2023 at 9:49 AM, Cash or Czech said:

Motte -> same as Motte

On 3/1/2023 at 10:34 AM, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Actually, I think Motte is better than Motte.

Motte = 💀

• LMFAO 2