• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Patrick Kane From Blackhawks for 2023 Conditional 2nd Round Pick and a 4th Round Pick

Phil

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

Ok, so Kane does it multiple times and you’re silent. Your whipping boy does it one time and the sky is falling.

Kane is a puck distributor. Kreider isn't. Kane doesn't pass up wide open shots from the slot.

I've also said Kane stinks so far. 

Do me a favor, get out from up my ass this morning.

Edited by Pete
  • JIMMY! 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Kane is a puck distributor. Kreider isn't. Kane doesn't pass up wide open shots from the slot.

I've also said Kane stinks so far. 

Do me a favor, get out from up my ass this morning.

But it’s such a comfy space. I like the open concept design you have going.

• LMFAO 2
  • JIMMY! 1

I'm wondering if it's a thing where he doesn't want to step on anyone's toes. Trying to adapt to something so unorganized and free flowing,  that he is kinda lost out there. The turn overs and some brain dead decisions  with the puck in his own end makes it seem like he kinda doesn't know what he should do out there. 

Hes never been traded before and he's always pretty much been the go to guy on his own team. Everyone is trying to feed him pucks. It's forced. Very much like Kreiders bad idea to pass from the slot... 

I trust that once the playoffs start, he will stop caring about fitting in,  and will try to put this team on his back and carry the load. It looks like that's what the team itself expects now. Hence the over thinking and even more pass happy bullshit. 

I think the 20-16- 88 line is on and off. Some nights they all click, others it's Kreider and Trocheck crashing the net while Kane wanders aimlessly.  I feel like it's coming together.  The 10-93-91 line is also pretty inconsistent.  Some nights they look unstoppable.  Others... unstartable. I love Tarasenko,  but he can be pretty invisible at times too. But I love his game. A finesse scorer with some sandpaper. Guy goes to where you want your top line players to go. Doesn't shy from contact. This is huge in the playoffs. 

These guys aren't carrying the team, but they aren't any kind of problem.  It's not a huge drastic change in the game plan, that we are seeing. 

If Kreider diverts his shot attempt in an effort to feed Kane... I'd rather see such a dumb decision be made to feed Kane, rather than Jimmy Vesey or Barclay Goodrow.  Which was something he was doing before the Kane trade anyway. 

29 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm wondering if it's a thing where he doesn't want to step on anyone's toes. Trying to adapt to something so unorganized and free flowing,  that he is kinda lost out there. The turn overs and some brain dead decisions  with the puck in his own end makes it seem like he kinda doesn't know what he should do out there. 

Hes never been traded before and he's always pretty much been the go to guy on his own team. Everyone is trying to feed him pucks. It's forced. Very much like Kreiders bad idea to pass from the slot... 

I trust that once the playoffs start, he will stop caring about fitting in,  and will try to put this team on his back and carry the load. It looks like that's what the team itself expects now. Hence the over thinking and even more pass happy bullshit. 

I think the 20-16- 88 line is on and off. Some nights they all click, others it's Kreider and Trocheck crashing the net while Kane wanders aimlessly.  I feel like it's coming together.  The 10-93-91 line is also pretty inconsistent.  Some nights they look unstoppable.  Others... unstartable. I love Tarasenko,  but he can be pretty invisible at times too. But I love his game. A finesse scorer with some sandpaper. Guy goes to where you want your top line players to go. Doesn't shy from contact. This is huge in the playoffs. 

These guys aren't carrying the team, but they aren't any kind of problem.  It's not a huge drastic change in the game plan, that we are seeing. 

If Kreider diverts his shot attempt in an effort to feed Kane... I'd rather see such a dumb decision be made to feed Kane, rather than Jimmy Vesey or Barclay Goodrow.  Which was something he was doing before the Kane trade anyway. 

Yes.

Part of it is he’s trying to just fit in and be one of the guys.

Part of it is he’s playing with guys he’s never played with before.

And also… it’s been 12 games.

I'm still not fully convinced Kane is on the right line. I think Pete mentioned at one point that Kane doesn't seem to be clicking on that 2nd line, and I tend to agree. Not sure if it's too late to go tinkering with the lines, but would love to see Pan-Zib-Kane, and Kreids-Tro-Tank. Two highly skilled lines that play different styles. 

I think Kane's fine....He's going to be a madman in the playoffs.  No use emptying the tank now...we're not going anywhere, and these last few games don't mean shit!

Guy is a 3 time cup winner...he'll be there when we need it!

37 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think Kane's fine....He's going to be a madman in the playoffs.  No use emptying the tank now...we're not going anywhere, and these last few games don't mean shit!

Guy is a 3 time cup winner...he'll be there when we need it!

I’ve seen him get on his horse and move pretty quickly when he needs to. I didn’t see that the first few games. He seemed to be missing that extra competitive burst, which after a few years of playing for a bum team can do that to you. He’s still got an extra gear and I’m with you, I have no doubt we’ll see that when it matters

• Cheers 1
  • Believe 1

3 hours ago, RangerDanger said:

I'm still not fully convinced Kane is on the right line. I think Pete mentioned at one point that Kane doesn't seem to be clicking on that 2nd line, and I tend to agree. Not sure if it's too late to go tinkering with the lines, but would love to see Pan-Zib-Kane, and Kreids-Tro-Tank. Two highly skilled lines that play different styles. 

He's definitely not on the right line.

Trocheck wants to carry the puck through the nuetral zone and doesn't pass. There were at least two offsides last night because he made moves at the blue line that he shouldn't have made. After that he started dumping it in, which is smart, but Kane is not going to go and get it. That's not his game.

Kane needs to play with a volume shooter as well. Sucks that him and Tank play the same position. 

I agree with trying Kane with bread and zib, but there needs to be an understanding that you can't pass up good shots. I understand looking for the right play, but you can't always look for the perfect play. 

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

He's definitely not on the right line.

Trocheck wants to carry the puck through the neutral zone and doesn't pass. There were at least two offsides last night because he made moves at the blue line that he shouldn't have made. After that he started dumping it in, which is smart, but Kane is not going to go and get it. That's not his game.

Kane needs to play with a volume shooter as well. Sucks that him and Tank play the same position. 

I agree with trying Kane with bread and zib, but there needs to be an understanding that you can't pass up good shots. I understand looking for the right play, but you can't always look for the perfect play. 

You also made a point where they could break up the kids to add more balance.  I liked that idea as well. 

The Kid line has been good for the most part, but is there any reason they can't play with anyone else???  Maybe these last few games would be a good chance to explore that???

What do you think?

Wherever they line up Chytil his instructions have to be to shoot first and ask questions later.

Have Kreider, Chytil and Kane as line 2.  Kreider in front of the net, Chytil taking shots and creating rebounds, Kane feeding both of them and taking shots when he gets the puck in position.

Line 3 is a checking aggravation line with some scoring potential: Lafreniere, Trocheck, Kakko.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I'm not expecting P/GP. I am expecting critical, game-winning-level goals, though.

That was my thought. I don’t expect/care as much for sick snipes against lesser teams. I expect him to be the type of player where the bigger the game the bigger impact he has on it. 

I think the thought process was that he was decaying on a bad Chicago team due to no game importance on a team destined to nowhere. Honestly. I see that extra gear/will in Vlad. I’m not seeing it yet in Kane. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

It’s been a problem with us all season but more noticeable now with the increased talent level after the trade deadline. Rangers are sometimes falling way too in love with the cycle. They rarely just get pucks to the net. It’s always to cycle and cycle until you have a gimme goal. That won’t work every team. There needs to be a balance.

• Bullseye 1