• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Patrick Kane From Blackhawks for 2023 Conditional 2nd Round Pick and a 4th Round Pick

Phil

39 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Kane and Panarin both had 2 of their best goal scoring seasons when they played together.  They combined for 76 and 65 goals those two years.  Their vision, creativity, and playmaking is so advanced that they are more likely to shoot when the other one sets them up.  Panarin had 6 shoots in the OTT game.  I think we'll see Panarin shooting a lot more going forward.  If Panarin is with Tarasenko, he'll be forcing the puck to him the whole game and never shoot. 

Panarin seemed to be letting them rip on the PP playing where he’s at now…

I like Kane and I'm happy the Rangers got him, but is it me or do the announcers go out of their way to kiss his ass?  They made it out like he had the best game ever last night.  He had a huge give away that led to a go ahead goal & took a terrible penalty late in the 3rd period.  

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Just now, RJWantsTheCup said:

I like Kane and I'm happy the Rangers got him, but is it me or do the announcers go out of their way to kiss his ass?  They made it out like he had the best game ever last night.  He had a huge give away that led to a go ahead goal & took a terrible penalty late in the 3rd period.  

The announcers kiss everyone's ass, opposition included. A lot.

16 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

The PPG was just make up for his giveaway that caused a SHG right before that. Kane was pretty much a wash last night. Equally bad as good.

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Just now, RJWantsTheCup said:

And yet they made him a star of the game and gave him the Broadway Hat.

Yeah. Didn’t deserve either, but stars of the game are basically based on point totals for the night and largely ignore the other stuff. On paper he had 2 and the game tying goal. Lafreniere also got the Broadway hat his first game back in the lineup a couple months ago when he did nothing. Not saying I agree with it, but they’ve shown it to be more about camaraderie rather than earning it. There’s no way his teammates saw that turnover and late penalty and thought he had a great game, but he’s the new guy and they want him to feel more comfortable. At least he did do something offensively.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Kane also has another value he brings, I think.  I was watching him on the bench talking to Yukon, and while Sam and Joe were babbling about something, I was trying to watch Kane explain something to him.  I kept seeing Laf nod his head like the light went on.

That kind of experience is what that kid can use, especially from a future Hall of Famer like Kane.

Kane's gonna be fine.  Matter of fact, Laffy has been playing his ass off the last couple of weeks, and it also looks like he dropped a few pounds!  You don't very often see a top pick like Yukon that comes into the league with as much grit as he has.  If he can work on his skating, he's going to be the heir apparent to Kreider very soon.

See that tip-in goal??  .....Fucking thing of beauty!!!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

The third period penalty was garbage. Guy had one hand on his stick. Just so happens to be an automatic penalty. 

They did the same thing with Tarasenko. They did the same thing after signing panarin. It's shiny Apple syndrome. 

What I like to see was after the short-handed goal, Kane willed that puck into the net. You can see that he was determined to score, he didn't go and sulk the way a lot of other players on this team do. 

Edited by Pete
  • Keeps it 100 1

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

The third period penalty was garbage. Guy had one hand on his stick. Just so happens to be an automatic penalty. 

They did the same thing with Tarasenko. They did the same thing after signing panarin. It's shiny Apple syndrome. 

What I like to see was after the short-handed goal, Kane willed that puck into the net. You can see that he was determined to score, he didn't go and sulk the way a lot of other players on this team do. 

You see him after he scored?  He was on a mission after that giveaway!!  ...absolute snipe!  That's what we're gonna see in the playoffs!  😃

• 3 weeks later...

I actually thought he looked great away from panarin. The two just don’t work together at all. On the trochek, kreider line he is exactly what they need and they cover his weaknesses.

power play with panarin again looks terrible. He looks lost there. To me it’s adjustment blues more than anything, but this play with panarin and just do nothing thing has got to end. 

and we say all this but his production has been fine. So I agree his play hasn’t been great except with that trochek kreider line,  but good players find ways and he’s certainly doing that. I just didn’t want that small and soft line to get run over in the playoffs

2 hours ago, Valriera said:

I actually thought he looked great away from panarin. The two just don’t work together at all. On the trochek, kreider line he is exactly what they need and they cover his weaknesses.

power play with panarin again looks terrible. He looks lost there. To me it’s adjustment blues more than anything, but this play with panarin and just do nothing thing has got to end. 

and we say all this but his production has been fine. So I agree his play hasn’t been great except with that trochek kreider line,  but good players find ways and he’s certainly doing that. I just didn’t want that small and soft line to get run over in the playoffs

I couldn't disagree more. He looks more lost every game with Kreider and Trocheck. He's not on their page at all, and even Krieder's dumb ass is passing up shots from the slot to try and pass it to Kane.

Also his production hasn't been fine. He's capable of much more. That goal last night was luck.

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

I couldn't disagree more. He looks more lost every game with Kreider and Trocheck. He's not on their page at all, and even Krieder's dumb ass is passing up shots from the slot to try and pass it to Kane.

Also his production hasn't been fine. He's capable of much more. That goal last night was luck.

Surely you have the names reversed here. Kane is doing what Panarin was doing earlier this season, forcing passes using lanes that don’t exist. He’s not making smart decisions and he has to break out of it.

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Surely you have the names reversed here. Kane is doing what Panarin was doing earlier this season, forcing passes using lanes that don’t exist. He’s not making smart decisions and he has to break out of it.

I watched last night's game this morning and saw Kreider in the slot pass up a shot to try and feed Kane. And he isn't the only one.

So no, I don't surely have the names reversed.

Edited by Pete

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

I watched last night's game this morning and saw Kreider in the slot pass up a shot to try and feed Kane. And he isn't the only one.

So no, I don't surely have the names reversed.

Ok, so Kane does it multiple times and you’re silent. Your whipping boy does it one time and the sky is falling.