• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Chytil Out for Remainder of Season Following Setback in Recovery From Concussion

RichieNextel305

Just now, Jdog99 said:

even through the back door? 🫢

The NHL doesn't care how you cross the threshold or even which threshold you cross. There are many ways to get into the dance. Some do it elegantly, some do it through hard work, sometimes it's a numbers game, and sometimes, you just squeeze in however you can.

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

How does this even happen? There were 2 other people on the ice.

Good God.

Probably saw Leschyshyn and passed out from laughing so hard. The joke that is Leschyshyn will drop anyone to their knees. 

Well again first and foremost I hope he can heal from whatever happened today. Awful coincidence, just shit luck or apart of the cumulative effects related to the head injuries to date.  Regardless he's beyond damaged goods and they would be crazy to assume he's part of the answer moving forward. Sad for him personally but Drury would be playing with himself to think otherwise IMO.

If the Rangers put Chytil out on the ice and something really bad happens we're going to become the whipping boys on the issue of player safety.

This is because we have all the information needed to make the right choice and we screwed it up.

If what Brooks said is true, and I would hope and assume he wouldn’t post something like that without having it in good authority, but if what he said is true, not only is his season for sure over, I really don’t see any plausible way he can continue his career. If this is happening off a routine morning skate where a minor knock may have done some more damage, I can’t fathom a doctor will ever clear him to play NHL hockey.

Just sad.

Edited by RichieNextel305

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

How's it possible for anyone to diagnose when no one knows what happened?

Not a diagnosis.  She just said it was a possibility and with the news that it’s concussion related as per Larry Brooks it seems even more possible now. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

If what Brooks said is true, and I would hope and assume he wouldn’t post something like that without having it in good authority, but if what he said is true, not only is his season for sure over, I really don’t see any plausible way he can continue his career. If this is happening off a routine morning skate where a minor knock may have done some more damage, I can’t fathom a doctor will ever clear him to play NHL hockey.

Just sad.

Doesn't even have to be a knock, some days you get dizzy out of nowhere, you miss steps you walk up and down in your own house daily and wind up at the bottom wondering wtf just happened. You drop shit you never would have in the past, heavy shit like envelopes., scissors things like that. Losing your balance is a norm, you just never know when it's going to happen. Could go days even weeks without it happening (if your extremely lucky). It's like living with the devil, the unknown can be crippling. IF what Brooks wrote is true, Chytil has bigger problems than hockey for know at this point in his life.  Seizures and strokes may also be an additional risk he lives with going forward. 

Edited by jsrangers