• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Chytil Out for Remainder of Season Following Setback in Recovery From Concussion

RichieNextel305

10 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Great to know that this was his S and C coach's biggest challenge of his career.....it would've been terrible to send him somewhere they generally deal with these things regularly.....

Regardless, keep working Fil. Love to see you back here in that top line RW spot more sooner than later.

21 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I mean, this is all encouraging, I guess, but the sheer amount of work that's gone into trying to rehab this for him is such a hurdle for me. No matter how many times there's an update posted, I can't help the feeling that he's one light hit away from forced retirement.

• Bullseye 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

I mean, this is all encouraging, I guess, but the sheer amount of work that's gone into trying to rehab this for him is such a hurdle for me. No matter how many times there's an update posted, I can't help the feeling that he's one light hit away from forced retirement.

I feel like if someone drops the mic during the anthem, it may end his career!  I'm not shittin' ya....I'm gonna wince a llittle everythime I see him take a hit!

• Keeps it 100 1

Its a fact that none of this is promising. But stranger things have happened. Maybe a switch in his training or something will filip a switch and he will come back ALA Mika and be fine going forward. 

I dunno im just so tired of shitting on these guys. The skill is there. Just hoping he comes back and scores 40 in 40 and leads us to the promised land at this point because what the fuck else am I gonna do with my life.

2 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Crosby was pretty close to this point, now it's not a thing. Hasn't been a thing in 15 years.

I'm not convinced that it's not like IBS or fibromyalga. You see what you want to see. 

Well, yes, but with Crosby they said a lot of it was actually a neck issue and not specifically concussion. I just have a really hard time buying the silver lining here.

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

I'm hoping for him but does it look a little bit like Chyt needs a guy on each side of him to keep him upright?

Maybe it's that way because he's wearing his sister's shorts and his balls are being smashed so he can't stand up on his own.

• Like 1
  • JIMMY! 1

This is a tricky spot for the Rangers to navigate. Chytil fills our most glaring need at the moment if he can slide back in and perform. That being said, as the deadline approaches, I’m just not sure how much stock you can really invest in him being able to stay healthy. If we don’t upgrade at 3C before the deadline and then Chytil goes down afterward either late in the season or in the playoffs, the Rangers are right back to square one with Brodzinski potentially being your 3C for the most important time of year. And that is hardly ideal.

• Keeps it 100 1

13 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This is a tricky spot for the Rangers to navigate. Chytil fills our most glaring need at the moment if he can slide back in and perform. That being said, as the deadline approaches, I’m just not sure how much stock you can really invest in him being able to stay healthy. If we don’t upgrade at 3C before the deadline and then Chytil goes down afterward either late in the season or in the playoffs, the Rangers are right back to square one with Brodzinski potentially being your 3C for the most important time of year. And that is hardly ideal.

Yea ideally you get a rental as backup and “worse” comes to worse you play him at wing. 

Edited by siddious

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

That's the play for making Chytil RW and gathering a 3c at the deadline. Gives flexibility with the lineup.

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I agree 100% it's a bad spot I don't think you can count on him remaining healthy weather it's another head injury or something else. Head injury obviously be worst case for him long term. Center, RW wherever it's a huge risk to think he's going to go the distance.  Ending up right back where we are now with Brodzinski being in the lineup, is far far from a good thing nevermind ideal.