• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Chytil Out for Remainder of Season Following Setback in Recovery From Concussion

RichieNextel305

The only positive thing coming out of this is that Ranger Mgmt can now put aside the idea that Chytil might help this year and move to Plan B.

The Rangers are at least indirectly responsible for any further damage that comes off of their requests that he play.  There's nothing that he is likely to produce that outweighs the potential liability they'll have if they make the suggestion.  They're also responsible if he makes the approach and they allow him to participate in activities in which more damage occurs.

Shutting him down for the season is a sane reaction to the issues above.  He stays as safe as possible and the Rangers also stay as safe as possible.

7 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

This sucks as a fanbase but it is WAY worse for him personally. He is probably depressed due to all of it. Makes me sad for him. I wish him better days ahead.

Could not have said this better myself. Yeah, this sucks for us as fans of a hockey team, but man, fuck hockey. Fuck the cap logistics and the problem for Drury, and fuck the impact on the team. Hockey is a game, and when the rubber hits the road as hard as it has here, throw it aside for the sake of the very real human here.

I feel for Chytil so badly here. He's staring down the very real possibility that something he's worked for since he was a child may be at an end for reasons he really can't control or explain. I hope, for his sake, this is a hiccup on the road back to his dream job. I hope, for his sake, he can stay asymptomatic enough to live a normal life.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

7 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The only positive thing coming out of this is that Ranger Mgmt can now put aside the idea that Chytil might help this year and move to Plan B.

The Rangers are at least indirectly responsible for any further damage that comes off of their requests that he play.  There's nothing that he is likely to produce that outweighs the potential liability they'll have if they make the suggestion.  They're also responsible if he makes the approach and they allow him to participate in activities in which more damage occurs.

Shutting him down for the season is a sane reaction to the issues above.  He stays as safe as possible and the Rangers also stay as safe as possible.

I seriously doubt the Rangers have ever requested that he play, there's a player on the other end of that who probably isn't ready to have his livelihood stripped away from him at his mid-20s. 

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

I seriously doubt the Rangers have ever requested that he play, there's a player on the other end of that who probably isn't ready to have his livelihood stripped away from him at his mid-20s. 

Yeah I don’t knock the comeback attempt. That being said, I think those close to him in his inner circle must now almost have to step in and remind him that though hockey is his livelihood, his quality of life is much more crucial.

And honestly, for the Rangers too, and you hate to have to have this line of thought because no one wants to wish this on Chytil, but this has to give Drury and the whole organization some early clarity on a situation that was going to always be fluid regardless. Chytil could have come back in 3 weeks and had back-to-back-to-back 5 goal games in his first 3 games. And there would still be a feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop in regard to him taking another hit. The Rangers now have their clarity, at least for this season, because I think today ends any hope of him returning at any point in the regular season, much less the playoffs.

So with that being said, while this makes Drurys job a little more complicated before the deadline, I would imagine it’s a pretty safe bet that the 3C position is the target now that you unequivocally can rule Chytil out of a return this year. And, as crude and sad as it is to type, at least you know now, when you have the time to pivot, as opposed to closer to the deadline when you may panic or after the deadline, when you’re stuck.

Edited by RichieNextel305

1 hour ago, LindG1000 said:

Could not have said this better myself. Yeah, this sucks for us as fans of a hockey team, but man, fuck hockey. Fuck the cap logistics and the problem for Drury, and fuck the impact on the team. Hockey is a game, and when the rubber hits the road as hard as it has here, throw it aside for the sake of the very real human here.

I feel for Chytil so badly here. He's staring down the very real possibility that something he's worked for since he was a child may be at an end for reasons he really can't control or explain. I hope, for his sake, this is a hiccup on the road back to his dream job. I hope, for his sake, he can stay asymptomatic enough to live a normal life.

Agree 100%. His concern right now should be his long term health as hard as that may be for him to do.  He has a whole life in front of him, and if there is any silver lining for him in this, it's the fact he just signed a 4-year deal so his financial future is secured.  Hopefully he can come back and play again some day, but that should be a very distant second right now to just taking time and healing up best he can.  

• Applause 1

If they move Goodrow, Kakko, Jones and  picks can they swing Lindholm and Tarasenko I wonder?

Maybe Kakko, Jones and 2nd rounder for Lindholm?

Goodrow, Robertson and #1 for Tarasenko with salary retention?

Edited by RJWantsTheCup

1 minute ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

If they move Goodrow, Kakko, Jones and  picks can they swing Lindholm and Tarasenko I wonder?

Goodrow, Robertson and #1 for Tarasenko with salary retention.  

I would not be interested in deal #3 at all.  Did that last year and we saw where that wound up.

I'm not looking to fix Kreider and Zibanejad in this iteration of the trade sweepstakes.  Fixing them does not get the Rangers over the top.

I'm looking at getting a 3C that can play on a scoring line and hopefully two of the top three lines are on as we head into May.  We're not going anywhere on the basis of just the Panarin line and asking CK-MZ to be consistent is like herding cats.

Make 3 scoring lines and we have a chance.  Try to Fix line 1 and we do not.

6 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Goodrow, Robertson and #1 for Tarasenko with salary retention?

I would like to see them target Novak as 3C and Tank for RW for Mika.  3rd line of Cuylee/Novak/Kakko

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Your guy Monahan might be ok too

Monahan is 100% not my guy. You might have me confused with someone else. Habs reportedly think they can get upward of a first for him this year. I'm staying far away from that.

Just now, Phil said:

Monahan is 100% not my guy. You might have me confused with someone else. Habs reportedly think they can get upward of a first for him this year. I'm staying far away from that.

sorry man...thought it was you who brought him up.  I wouldn't mind him though..but not giving up the farm for that

• Keeps it 100 1