• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Chytil Out for Remainder of Season Following Setback in Recovery From Concussion

RichieNextel305

Only possible way I see Wheeler playing is if they are up 3-0 in the finals just to say he played on a Stanley Cup finals winning team.  
At this point Chytil coming back in the playoffs in my opinion doesn’t help them at all.  Comeback next season if possible but this season should be a foregone conclusion that he sits out. 

9 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Only possible way I see Wheeler playing is if they are up 3-0 in the finals just to say he played on a Stanley Cup finals winning team.  
At this point Chytil coming back in the playoffs in my opinion doesn’t help them at all.  Comeback next season if possible but this season should be a foregone conclusion that he sits out. 

Maybe not with the team at full strength, but what if a center gets injured

16 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I don't know, if he's cleared and good to go I think he's a significant upgrade on Brodzinski. Chytil and Kakko has had chemistry together before, so make a "Kid Line v2" and play Wennberg on the 4th line.

Cuylle - Chytil - Kakko

Vesey - Wennberg - Goodrow

• Like 2

Team is playing well.  Kakko is playing his best hockey of the season with Wennberg . Goodrow, Brodzinski, Vesey has been a good 4th line. Chytil has never impressed me other than when he got hot for a few games in the playoffs and for the 1 stretch last season.  Why risk changing the team chemistry for Chytil?  We aren’t talking an all star.  And who knows what he comes back as.  Too risky a move for me in the playoffs.  If it was January or February I would be in favor of it. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Team is playing well.  Kakko is playing his best hockey of the season with Wennberg . Goodrow, Brodzinski, Vesey has been a good 4th line. Chytil has never impressed me other than when he got hot for a few games in the playoffs and for the 1 stretch last season.  Why risk changing the team chemistry for Chytil?  We aren’t talking an all star.  And who knows what he comes back as.  Too risky a move for me in the playoffs.  If it was January or February I would be in favor of it. 

It's not like they can't take him out again if it doesn't work. Brodz is used to being in and out of the lineup, I don't see that ruining anything.

Chytil had 22g, 45p in 74 games last year playing 3rd line with barely any PP time. He had a really strong season after the good playoffs and most people thought he would have his real breakout this season. Wennberg has 1 goal in 16 games. He's been fine, but I think he would be just as effective on a 4th line with Goodrow and Vesey. And I do think Chytil would provide more offense on the 3rd line than what Wennberg has and this team could use some more secondary scoring.

• Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

Chytil had a 13 game heater where he scored 11 goals and had 16 points.  The rest of the season he had 11 goals and 29 points in 61 games.  Like I said other than that heater and the playoff stretch 2 years ago not overly impressive.  Yes he will score more than Weinberg but he can’t defend, penalty kill or win faceoffs.   Not worth the risk in my opinion.  But everyone is entitled to have their own opinion. 

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Or if they need a big body that plays in high traffic areas, goes to the net, has playoff experience and was the only player to have any success with 20/93... 

Chytil healthy is an upgrade over Wennberg or Roslovic.  

I really don't think either are realistically being put into the lineup. I was just busting chops with Wheeler, though I do think he is  very serviceable and better fit when healthy. 

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Maybe not with the team at full strength, but what if a center gets injured

Gotta think Wennberg or Roslovic slide up or in and Edstrom gets the call. 

I'd love for Chytil to be ready. I think his time away from the team works against him as far as pecking order would go. 

But fuck yeah, if Laviolette is OK with pushing him through. 

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I think Cuylle and Kakko looked their best with Brodzinski as their C. Color me blech with Wennberg.  

But yeah, I think Laviolette would go through the guys that have been here all season,  before rushing Chytil back in there. Unless this was a salary cap circumvention, which I highly doubt is the case. 

I'd rather Chytil over the 3 options that would play over him, but I don't make those decisions and most would think that's a good thing. 

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I don't know, if he's cleared and good to go I think he's a significant upgrade on Brodzinski. Chytil and Kakko has had chemistry together before, so make a "Kid Line v2" and play Wennberg on the 4th line.

Cuylle - Chytil - Kakko

Vesey - Wennberg - Goodrow

I agree with this. Wouldn't sit Wennberg for Chytil, would sit Brodz. He's a nice story but he stinks. 

Posted (edited)

Chytil got hurt taking a leisure skate around the ice at MSG when only 2 or 3 others were on the ice, also taking a routine skate. And he still managed to suffer a setback.

He isn’t coming back, out of no where, to jump into the Stanley Cup Playoffs, where hockey is more physical than at any point during the regular season.

Maybe he’s back in NY and wants to be around the guys as a morale boost for the playoffs? Maybe he wants to try and see how it feels to get back on the ice?

None of it has anything to do with him playing here right now. And if we’re being honest, I still think it’s 50/50 at best that he makes it back successfully to ever play again.

Edited by RichieNextel305

Rangers have too many moving pieces now as it is.  I think adding Chytil and Wheeler to the mix would just be confusing for the players in the bottom half trying to work it out.

Win the next two and get back on track.  This isn't going to end well if the Rangers slump out at the end of the season.

7 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Chytil got hurt taking a leisure skate around the ice at MSG when only 2 or 3 others were on the ice, also taking a routine skate. And he still managed to suffer a setback.

He isn’t coming back, out of no where, to jump into the Stanley Cup Playoffs, where hockey is more physical than at any point during the regular season.

Maybe he’s back in NY and wants to be around the guys as a morale boost for the playoffs? Maybe he wants to try and see how it feels to get back on the ice?

None of it has anything to do with him playing here right now. And if we’re being honest, I still think it’s 50/50 at best that he makes it back successfully to ever play again.

That’s what we were told, yes.