• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Chytil Out for Remainder of Season Following Setback in Recovery From Concussion

RichieNextel305

The kid was playing pretty well when he became scrambled eggs;  Mika went through something similar and he turned out pretty well later on.

I'm going all positive here, but I can see Chytil being a weapon of mass destruction on RW if need be.  He could be very useful if somebody goes down.

• Bullseye 1

51 minutes ago, Abe Froman said:

If he comes back for the playoffs I can't talk shit about Vegas. 

Nobody should talk shit about Vegas because they're operating within the rules.

• TroCheckmark 1

On 4/16/2024 at 8:32 AM, Ozzy said:

The kid was playing pretty well when he became scrambled eggs;  Mika went through something similar and he turned out pretty well later on.

I'm going all positive here, but I can see Chytil being a weapon of mass destruction on RW if need be.  He could be very useful if somebody goes down.

In my mind he is a pertinent cog to the future of this upcoming core:  Chy, Lindy, Laffy, KK, Fox, Cuylle, Miller, Schneids, Jones, Eds and Rempe.    Lot's of miles left on our keys vets, and some call-ups too.    I'm cautious about a return now for Chytl, but so very optimistic of his future and the NYR.  

5 minutes ago, VegasRanger said:

Since I live here, can I talk shit about them?

Talk shit? Sure. Say they cheated? Well that's just not the case. And it's exactly what the Rangers is doing with Chytil.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Talk shit? Sure. Say they cheated? Well that's just not the case. And it's exactly what the Rangers is doing with Chytil.

Not saying they cheated, just that they annoy me (and their fans too).

• The Chyt! 1

my guess is if Chytil is going to see any ice time this post season, it is going to be in the second round if the rangers make it.  This series is too physical for Rempe to be scratched and he's having a definite impact so far. 

1 minute ago, Albatrosss said:

my guess is if Chytil is going to see any ice time this post season, it is going to be in the second round if the rangers make it.  This series is too physical for Rempe to be scratched and he's having a definite impact so far. 

Next round will just be as physical.  

Chytil will get in if their is an injury or if they need to change shit up if they are down in a series by 2 games, and looking for some sort of spark

4 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Chytil will get in if their is an injury or if they need to change shit up if they are down in a series by 2 games, and looking for some sort of spark

A Roslovic flame out will do it. 

38 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Carolina is not as physical as the Caps.  CArolina is a skating team

1 hour ago, Pete said:

A Roslovic flame out will do it. 

That's my guess too. I don't think he would be missed especially if Chytil can bring anything remotely close to what he's capable of.  

• Bullseye 1

I like Roslovic getting in first on the forecheck.  He's been very good at forcing plays, and some have been turned over with good scoring chances.  I'd hold off on Chytil for now.  It ain't broke...why "fix" anything.

• Keeps it 100 2

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

Carolina is not as physical as the Caps.  CArolina is a skating team

As you go through every round, its gets more physical. 

I know Carolina is not as physical as the Caps, but they can dish out the hits just as much as anyone.  They're a skating team w/ an aggressive forecheck.  

On 4/19/2024 at 11:57 AM, Abe Froman said:

If he comes back for the playoffs I can't talk shit about Vegas. 

You can (although there's really no merit to doing so) as the difference is Vegas "injured" players were ready to go for Game 82 but were left on LTIR for obvious reasons. Chytil wasn't and still isn't. 

• Keeps it 100 1