• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Chytil Out for Remainder of Season Following Setback in Recovery From Concussion

RichieNextel305

If you're going to insert Chytil into the lineup if was up to me it's either at 1RW with Zbad & CK20 or as a W/C on the 3rd line with Wennberg and KK24 or Cuylle. He only comes in if Carolina advances. No fargin way I'm putting him in this round.

Edited by Costa
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 8:33 PM, Karan said:

You can (although there's really no merit to doing so) as the difference is Vegas "injured" players were ready to go for Game 82 but were left on LTIR for obvious reasons. Chytil wasn't and still isn't. 

Do we actually know that Chytil wasn't ready to go? It was a complete surprise that he was even in the realm of returning. I don't think we have much real info about how and when he got to this point - except that he's ready now if the team needs him.

2 hours ago, Costa said:

If you're going to insert Chytil into the lineup if was up to me it's either at 1RW with Zbad & CK20 or as a W/C on the 3rd line with Wennberg and KK24 or Cuylle. He only comes in if Carolina advances. No fargin way I'm putting him in this round.

Yep, he’s who you want against Carolina,  not washington. 

• Applause 1

It would be something if he's in the lineup for the next series. They should have been able to beat Washington without him. No chance rushing him, give him some more time. Assuming they get by the Capitals, yeah, put him in there for Carolina. What a story that would be.

We don't want Chytil on the ice this round.  He's definitely fragile in a very chippy environment.

The interesting thing is that the Rangers owe the 'Canes at this point.  Fox and Igor both got hurt in the same game after very chippy plays.

I think the next series could be almost as bad as this one.

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

NHL playoffs are more physical than the regular season regardless of familiarity and rivalries. There's been a ton of hitting across the board in the postseason thus far.

I saw a stat and can’t remember where but this post season has most hits/game than any post season since they started keeping stats on hitting. 

1 minute ago, siddious said:

I saw a stat and can’t remember where but this post season has most hits/game than any post season since they started keeping stats on hitting. 

Yep. I think it was game two of the Toronto/Boston series that set a postseason hits record (combined) for a sixty minute game.

42 minutes ago, Br4d said:

We don't want Chytil on the ice this round.  He's definitely fragile in a very chippy environment.

The interesting thing is that the Rangers owe the 'Canes at this point.  Fox and Igor both got hurt in the same game after very chippy plays.

I think the next series could be almost as bad as this one.

Fast is the one who hurt us, he is out of the lineup with injury for the rest of playoffs 

3 hours ago, Rangers said:

Fast is the one who hurt us, he is out of the lineup with injury for the rest of playoffs 

Aho is the one that went knee to knee on Fox.

Not 100% sure who stretched out Igor.

Both of them were out for weeks.  Fox even longer.

We really should have Rempe run their goalie at least once.  He's going to get penalized/suspended for basically anything at this point because the refs are hunting him.  He should take out the goalie and earn the punishment.

• Believe 1

40 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Aho is the one that went knee to knee on Fox.

Not 100% sure who stretched out Igor.

Both of them were out for weeks.  Fox even longer.

We really should have Rempe run their goalie at least once.  He's going to get penalized/suspended for basically anything at this point because the refs are hunting him.  He should take out the goalie and earn the punishment.

I'm all for letting the old ghosts be.

This is a different time and a whole different team since those games back forever ago, Brad.

I think we should beat them where it hurts;  The scoreboard.  No need to play chippy revenge hockey.  What's done is done.  I wanna win the Cup, and I don't think that's the way to do it.  We can play a HARD physical game against them, and let the chips fall where they may.  Carolina is not a physical team like the Caps are.  They won't be able to match us check for check in a heavy fashion.  That's our game now.

We're the big boys on the block, but there a time and place for that kinda stuff.  The 2nd round isn't the place for it in my opinion.  We'll beat them by playing hard, not silly and reckless.  😉

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I'm all for letting the old ghosts be.

This is a different time and a whole different team since those games back forever ago, Brad.

I think we should beat them where it hurts;  The scoreboard.  No need to play chippy revenge hockey.  What's done is done.  I wanna win the Cup, and I don't think that's the way to do it.  We can play a HARD physical game against them, and let the chips fall where they may.  Carolina is not a physical team like the Caps are.  They won't be able to match us check for check in a heavy fashion.  That's our game now.

We're the big boys on the block, but there a time and place for that kinda stuff.  The 2nd round isn't the place for it in my opinion.  We'll beat them by playing hard, not silly and reckless.  😉

Aho tried to injure Fox on the play and succeeded.  Not sure if the Igor injury was intentional but it was a reckless play with the skater using his leg to stretch Igor out good.

I don't think ignoring the incidents makes the 'Canes less likely to do what they did again.

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Aho tried to injure Fox on the play and succeeded.  Not sure if the Igor injury was intentional but it was a reckless play with the skater using his leg to stretch Igor out good.

I don't think ignoring the incidents makes the 'Canes less likely to do what they did again.

There is zero indication that Aho tried to injure Fox intentionally. He got beat and stuck his leg out.

Edited by Pete

5 hours ago, Br4d said:

I seriously don’t think the injury was intentional.