• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Chytil Out for Remainder of Season Following Setback in Recovery From Concussion

RichieNextel305

11 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yay. We played the cap as well!

He obviously didn't just step on the ice with the boys the other day for the first time since falling in his attempted come back. Odd how quiet his rehab was afterwards that he comes back same time as Mark Stone. Love it. Hope he gets in game shape and can make his debut in game one totally healthy.

35 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Yay. We played the cap as well!

He obviously didn't just step on the ice with the boys the other day for the first time since falling in his attempted come back. Odd how quiet his rehab was afterwards that he comes back same time as Mark Stone. Love it. Hope he gets in game shape and can make his debut in game one totally healthy.

If he’s currently medically cleared, and practicing with full contact, he’s likely been symptom free and skating for a while. So it’s a fair shot he’s pretty close

Edited by RangersIn7

The way the organization is run now, and the amount of times they've taken players out of the lineup just for precautions, leads me to believe that if he's medically cleared to play then there are no lingering issues from his last injury. 

Does that mean he can't get another head injury, no. But if they were concerned about whatever happened last time, they wouldn't let him play. 

56 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

If he’s currently medically cleared, and practicing with full contact, he’s likely been symptom free and skating for a while. So it’s a fair shot he’s pretty close

I'm sure his return all hinges on cap space. It'd have been nice to get him acclimated to playing with the team and in its system.

I wonder if he's a serious option or just a story.  Can this player really be inserted into playoff hockey after not playing any hockey for 6 months? 

I love the player. I hope he can. I have lots of doubt though. 

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm sure his return all hinges on cap space. It'd have been nice to get him acclimated to playing with the team and in its system.

I wonder if he's a serious option or just a story.  Can this player really be inserted into playoff hockey after not playing any hockey for 6 months? 

I’ll take chytil at 50% over Roslovic or weinerberg at 100%

• Bullseye 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • JIMMY! 1

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well I can’t honestly see them treating him as anything but a serious option if he’s cleared and practicing.

Your concern about him not having played in 6 months is a valid one though, and one that I share.

Still though, I plug him in at RW next to CK and Zib.

Hes played up there before in a limited basis (probably too limited IMO) and it’s looked pretty good.

Hes the type of player they need I think. Speed and a good shot that isn’t reluctant to use it. 

8 minutes ago, siddious said:

I’ll take chytil at 50% over Roslovic or weinerberg at 100%

Oh, me too man. But, if Chytil isn't actually game ready, I don't see Laviolette having the patience to let Chytil have his preseason/training camp in round 1 of the playoffs. It'd be different if he only missed 30-40 games. 

I like the player enough to put up with it, because I think he fits more needs as far as playing style goes.

I feel like Laviolette is more about using what got him where he is and these 2 softies that contribute little offense have been here for a month, while they got hot. Bumping the feel good story of Brodzinski to a 4th line role or no role is also tied to those 2. It wouldn't look all to good to cast these puffs aside after bumping Brodzinski. I myself don't care, but I think Laviolette likes the room and the room likes Laviolette. Disrupting that cohesiveness may not be the thing to do at the start of the playoffs. 

Or maybe Im totally wrong and  Roslovics already reduced role is a precursor to an eventual change and we see Chytil inserted somewhere. 

14 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Well I can’t honestly see them treating him as anything but a serious option if he’s cleared and practicing.

Your concern about him not having played in 6 months is a valid one though, and one that I share.

Still though, I plug him in at RW next to CK and Zib.

Hes played up there before in a limited basis (probably too limited IMO) and it’s looked pretty good.

Hes the type of player they need I think. Speed and a good shot that isn’t reluctant to use it. 

We can look back at last years trade deadline moves to see that just because a player is available,  it doesn't mean that they need to be here. 

I'm not the biggest fan of the players Chytil would be moving in the lineup. But they are part of the team and the team has been rolling since they got here. I don't know if such a thing would disrupt that locker-room.  

I mean, did the Rangers really circumvent the cap to add THESE pieces? If you're going to do it. Do it for something better.  If this was planned all along, then meh. I'd rather have had Chytil back a month ago. 

It's such a strange scenario. Lots of questions that will never be able to be answered. 

Smart move not to bring him back in the regular season.  More time to heal and less risk.

The NHL needs to close off the IR loophole.  No problem with a team getting some relief when they lose somebody for the season but that should make the person ineligible to return to play until the following season.

• Applause 1

40 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Oh, me too man. But, if Chytil isn't actually game ready, I don't see Laviolette having the patience to let Chytil have his preseason/training camp in round 1 of the playoffs. It'd be different if he only missed 30-40 games. 

I like the player enough to put up with it, because I think he fits more needs as far as playing style goes.

I feel like Laviolette is more about using what got him where he is and these 2 softies that contribute little offense have been here for a month, while they got hot. Bumping the feel good story of Brodzinski to a 4th line role or no role is also tied to those 2. It wouldn't look all to good to cast these puffs aside after bumping Brodzinski. I myself don't care, but I think Laviolette likes the room and the room likes Laviolette. Disrupting that cohesiveness may not be the thing to do at the start of the playoffs. 

Or maybe Im totally wrong and  Roslovics already reduced role is a precursor to an eventual change and we see Chytil inserted somewhere. 

I think you give him limited minutes in a few then see what he can do. He should be refreshed. 

22 hours ago, The Dude said:

We can look back at last years trade deadline moves to see that just because a player is available,  it doesn't mean that they need to be here. 

I'm not the biggest fan of the players Chytil would be moving in the lineup. But they are part of the team and the team has been rolling since they got here. I don't know if such a thing would disrupt that locker-room.  

I mean, did the Rangers really circumvent the cap to add THESE pieces? If you're going to do it. Do it for something better.  If this was planned all along, then meh. I'd rather have had Chytil back a month ago. 

It's such a strange scenario. Lots of questions that will never be able to be answered. 

Yeah. I get that.

I’ll say I think Wennberg has been a good addition. I’d like to see more offense from that line more consistently, but I think he’s been very good defensively and was the right add.

Less so on Roslovic, but he cost them next to nothing and was low-risk with a pretty decent potential for higher reward. It was a flyer and I can’t blame them for taking it.

And the chapter isn’t finished yet with him.

As for what they did vs what they could have done at the deadline, who knows?

We have only some idea what the asking price was on other guys. Or how they would’ve fit.

I look at Guentzel and how that’s worked in Carolina, and what they paid for him and it is a bit confounding.

But… Rangers would’ve wanted him to move to RW, where he’s never really played. And I think Pittsburgh wanted a package from us that’s way different than what they got from Carolina.

Plus, they had to pull a piece of pretty good quality of their roster to do it.

And I think Pittsburgh is pretty high on both Koivunen and Ponomarev who are both prospects that look good and are potentially underrated. Both look like they have a strong chance to be good NHL players. 
So I think it might be that Pittsburgh ends up getting a good return there 

But it’s hard to project these things for sure.