• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Chytil Out for Remainder of Season Following Setback in Recovery From Concussion

RichieNextel305

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

Hope he can just get healthy and have a decent quality of life, hockey or no hockey.

Health is priority 1.

I wouldn’t blame him though, if doctors ok him, to continue pursuing his dream.

Kind of expected this, but still sad and I feel for this dude. If this most recent injury was related to the concussions, then maybe there's some hope that perhaps he can return. I would definitely take it easy with him. He's had so many concussions, though, that retirement might be best for him. Better that with some money coming your way than becoming a vegetable.

59 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Kind of expected this, but still sad and I feel for this dude. If this most recent injury was related to the concussions, then maybe there's some hope that perhaps he can return. I would definitely take it easy with him. He's had so many concussions, though, that retirement might be best for him. Better that with some money coming your way than becoming a vegetable.

I just don’t see anyway he is ever on the ice again. Before this setback, even as he was working his way back, we all shared the same skepticism about his return. And we all agreed it would be like holding your breath anytime he took a shift or took a hit.

Now after what happened? I mean, I just don’t see how this results in him ever playing again unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I just don’t see anyway he is ever on the ice again. Before this setback, even as he was working his way back, we all shared the same skepticism about his return. And we all agreed it would be like holding your breath anytime he took a shift or took a hit.

Now after what happened? I mean, I just don’t see how this results in him ever playing again unfortunately.

I'm with you there. I'm at the point where I'll be pleasantly surprised, if not outright shocked, if he plays again. Damn shame, too. What awful look with our first round picks of late.

32 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I'm with you there. I'm at the point where I'll be pleasantly surprised, if not outright shocked, if he plays again. Damn shame, too. What awful look with our first round picks of late.

Lindros played.  Just sayin'

42 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don't think the Rangers or the player would be positioning a return next season if his career was over. They would very much leave it open-ended, he's done for the season end of story. 

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't think the Rangers or the player would be positioning a return next season if his career was over. They would very much leave it open-ended, he's done for the season end of story. 

So was Sauer for awhile though too. And he just kind of vanished. I expect this to be similar.

7 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

So was Sauer for awhile though too. And he just kind of vanished. I expect this to be similar.

There was no announcement at all for Sauer. That's my point. He got his concussion, and then the next articles are from March saying that he still had symptoms. There's no information or release saying that he was going to miss the season. It was complete radio silence. 

Different time without Twitter and whatnot, but I don't think they would even mention next season if it was in doubt. 

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Sidney Crosby has had a number of concussions throughout his career.  Maybe this extended period of time to recover will do Chytil well, rather than put a timeframe on when he would be back.  

1 minute ago, Blue Heaven said:

Sidney Crosby has had a number of concussions throughout his career.  Maybe this extended period of time to recover will do Chytil well, rather than put a timeframe on when he would be back.  

It also doesn't help that Chytil is just made of construction paper, either. lol But, I hope you are right about that and he will be fine. I just don't feel great about it right at the moment.

28 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I think Sid's issues were more neck related, but I may be wrong on that.

53 minutes ago, knedragon said:

There was a good podcast with Joe Rogan and Dale Earnhardt Jr #1196 about concussions. Starts around the 40 minute mark .

How long is the segment? Reason being, for every 5 minutes of a Rogan podcast, you have to spend 10 minutes fact-checking.

• LMFAO 1

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

How long is the segment? Reason being, for every 5 minutes of a Rogan podcast, you have to spend 10 minutes fact-checking.

Its Earnhardt JR talking about his knocks on the head and the doc he seen. They are no fun for sure ( concussions )

Edited by knedragon

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, Scott said:

I feel like coming back to play at this point for him is so dangerous and probably not worth it. I don't mean this year, I mean ever again. Dude should pack it in.

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

I feel like coming back to play at this point for him is so dangerous and probably not worth it. I don't mean this year, I mean ever again. Dude should pack it in.

I think his return for the playoffs would be a colossal boost to our team, but I share your fears. If he's back on the ice, he better be good and ready, and certain that he understands just how serious another head injury could be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I think his return for the playoffs would be a colossal boost to our team, but I share your fears. If he's back on the ice, he better be good and ready, and certain that he understands just how serious another head injury could be.

Spot on. Everyone will cringe everytime he touches the puck or gets hit for the foreseeable future.

20 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

The alternative is that they were being ultra cautious to skirt the cap, and it's not quite as serious as has been covered.

• JIMMY! 1