• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Chytil Out for Remainder of Season Following Setback in Recovery From Concussion

RichieNextel305

• RichieNextel305 changed the title to Filip Chytil Returning to Czech Republic for a 'Reset' in Next Phase in Recovery

Smart move by Chytil and the Rangers.  Maybe he wakes up in a month or two and feels good enough to skate hard.  Maybe next summer he decides to give it a hard go again.

All the pressure is off of him and the organization right now.  He doesn't have to watch the Rangers up close and wonder if he'd make a difference.  The Rangers don't have to watch him and try to gauge what value he might have if they pushed him in a time of need.

Now we can look at other solutions without the wiggle in the mix.

• Like 1

Have to figure he’s done for the season at this point.

Hes already been out for 2 months and missed approaching 25 games. Highly unlikely we see him again this year.

As for his career… who knows. I hate to speculate about that with a kid this age.

You just hope he gets well and if doctors clear him down the road and he feels well enough to take another kick at the can, you hope for the best. 

Well, that fucking blows!

I feel bad for the kid.  He was just taking off too.  I just hope he gets everything back in order upstairs.  I kinda figured he was headed this way, but kinda sucks to see it come to fruition.

We'll keep the door open for ya, Fil!! 

Go get better!

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

10 minutes ago, siddious said:

Biznasty was talking about someone (I forget who) on the last episode of chiclets who did a “reset” treatment and I think it worked out for them. Not sure if this is the same thing but sounds like it might be the only path left 

Are you sure they weren't talking about Kuznetsov scratch? Their coach referred to it as a "reset". 

Didn't see this earlier. 

That sucks. I really like the kid and it looked like things were just about to go his way. A lot more people believed in his abilities going into this season. 

Hope he can continue to play hockey again,  but more importantly I hope he's OK. 

Hope to see you soon War Machine. 

• LMFAO 1

Nothing works miracles for concussions because the next one is generally worse than the last and each concussion makes you more prone to having the next one.

The physical details on repetitive concussions are just gross.  Like you read up on them and it makes you want to throw up.

37 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Nothing works miracles for concussions because the next one is generally worse than the last and each concussion makes you more prone to having the next one.

The physical details on repetitive concussions are just gross.  Like you read up on them and it makes you want to throw up.

You just hope that the reset approach to this helps him start to make progress and improve.

The fact that he’s able to fly is a good sign 

Very difficult to do that with bad symptoms.

In all reality, even if he does improve, he probably shouldn’t play again this season. 

The overriding concern since Chytil left the MSG ice after what initially appeared to be a benign collision with former teammate Jesper Fast on Nov. 2 has been for the future quality of his life and not on which line he would play upon a return. 

Michael Sauer, believed genetically predisposed to concussions, was forced into retirement at age 24 after 98 games on the Rangers blue line. This has seemed like that for a while now. 

https://nypost.com/2023/12/30/sports/filip-chytil-absence-reminiscent-of-michael-sauer-concussion-saga/