• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Chytil Out for Remainder of Season Following Setback in Recovery From Concussion

RichieNextel305

3 minutes ago, siddious said:

I mean if they’re asking about 2nd line centers the cats kind of out of the bag though. I don’t see how hiding it helps them at all. 

That's the assumption. If they're calling about anybody in the $2M range it doesn't let anything out of the bag regarding when or if Chytil is coming back. The team is saying they are hopeful he will be back this season. That's a vague comment that doesn't mean anything. They're not tipping their hand either way.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's the assumption. If they're calling about anybody in the $2M range it doesn't let anything out of the bag regarding when or if Chytil is coming back. The team is saying they are hopeful he will be back this season. That's a vague comment that doesn't mean anything. They're not tipping their hand either way.

As you assume they are targeting Monahan as he's tge only name being discussed that is in your suggested price tag of 2 mill. 

Anyone else worth a damn is going to cost around 4. I misspoke though. Top 6 center is incorrect. Mid 6 is more like it.

If its Monahan ...  meh. OK. 

Edited by The Dude

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

As you assume they are targeting Monahan as he's tge only name being discussed that is in your suggested price tag of 2 mill. 

Anyone else worth a damn is going to cost around 4. I misspoke though. Top 6 center is incorrect. Mid 6 is more like it.

If its Monahan ...  meh. OK. 

I didn't name any players. 

• Phil changed the title to Filip Chytil Returning to Czechia for a 'Reset' in Next Phase in Recovery
6 hours ago, siddious said:

I mean if they’re asking about 2nd line centers the cats kind of out of the bag though. I don’t see how hiding it helps them at all. 

They don't need a 2nd line center.  They need a 3rd line center.

They need a 1st line RW as usual.  This is starting to get old.  1st line RW's should cost 1 1st round draft pick well executed not a 1st round draft pick every season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

They don't need a 2nd line center.  They need a 3rd line center.

They need a 1st line RW as usual.  This is starting to get old.  1st line RW's should cost 1 1st round draft pick well executed not a 1st round draft pick every season.

Except they don't need a 1st line RW. They can roll with almost anyone in that spot. The RW on that line isn't an issue. 

They need a mid 6 center. Trocheck doesn't have to stay with Panarin. Depending on how  such a trade shakes out, you may need to slide Trocheck down to 3 C to balance out the lineup and to make that 3rd line into what Laviolette envisions it as. It really depends on what's available for the Rangers price range. Some names that have been brought up are not 3 Cs. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Except they don't need a 1st line RW. They can roll with almost anyone in that spot. The RW on that line isn't an issue. 

They need a mid 6 center. Trocheck doesn't have to stay with Panarin. Depending on how  such a trade shakes out, you may need to slide Trocheck down to 3 C to balance out the lineup and to make that 3rd line into what Laviolette envisions it as. It really depends on what's available for the Rangers price range. Some names that have been brought up are not 3 Cs. 

I don't see a world where they break up the chemistry that took a whole season to figure out. Tro isn't moving away from Bread without some real downfall of production from that line imo. Ultimately, I think they find a 3rd line center akin to Copp that none of us saw coming. Learning from past moves is important and loading up on the top 6, isn't going to work. They need to supplement what is working not rework it altogether.

19 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

I don't see a world where they break up the chemistry that took a whole season to figure out. Tro isn't moving away from Bread without some real downfall of production from that line imo. Ultimately, I think they find a 3rd line center akin to Copp that none of us saw coming. Learning from past moves is important and loading up on the top 6, isn't going to work. They need to supplement what is working not rework it altogether.

I don't think Lavvy sees Tro as a 2nd liner any more than he sees Bonino as a third liner. 

You have to remember, this isn't GG. Lavvy envisions a specific role for the third line, heavy up on D zone starts at matchups. Lavvy won't let Panarin sniff the D zone. Trocheck is the prototypical 3C for Lavvy. 

It really will come down to what Drury wants to spend. If he's going for Aho, that's gonna cost a lot and he should slot in as 2C. Monahan isn't a 3C in the Lavvy mindset, but he'll cost less. Henrique could be a 3C, his analytics stink but Anaheim stinks.

It's a complex situation. They need to make sure they're getting the right player, and that the player has a role. That was the mistake last year, they went and got a bunch of great players and not even the coach knew what to do with them. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

or the Rangers come out whether it will be true on not and say when/if Chytil comes back he'll be on the right side.  They can play games too in the trade market.  

That's interesting and with the facts as they stand in this situation, I support it. Surprised he hasn't gotten a look there with the issues we have had with the RW void on this team. 

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

I don't see a world where they break up the chemistry that took a whole season to figure out. Tro isn't moving away from Bread without some real downfall of production from that line imo. Ultimately, I think they find a 3rd line center akin to Copp that none of us saw coming. Learning from past moves is important and loading up on the top 6, isn't going to work. They need to supplement what is working not rework it 

Valid point.  Except it didn't take the season to build that chemistry. That line was cooking with Chytil as the C.  A lot of what's going on there is based on how Panarin is playing.  Not all of it. I'm not taking away from Lafrenière or Trocheck. But they aren't where they are if they aren't playing with the best player on the team. I don't really think the chemistry of that line is a back breaker if they were split up. 

Some of us have this notion that Laviolette wants a strong, aggitating, 2 way center for the 3rd line, and more of an offensive minded guy for 2. Hence why he started Trocheck on line 3 before Chytil's injury.  

The names on the wanted list aren't exactly 3rd line types. I judging my point on the names being brought up.

Maybe Monahan is more of a 3rd liner, but that's not the role he's playing currently. He has raised eyebrows as an option because he's getting 18 minutes of ice. He's getting PP time. I don't think he'd be that player here. Not as a 3rd liner. Same with the other names.  

If the Rangers are getting a 3rd liner, the expectations need to be lowered.  Big time. We're not getting Lindholm for the 3rd line. Like I said elsewhere it's going to be more like Frederick Gaudreau. But if they are looking for more, salary has to be moved and your likely to see Trocheck pushed back down to 3C to solidify the type of line Laviolette wants as the 3rd line. 

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

This makes no sense. Why would another teams offer be less than the Rangers and why would the GM take less? 

By saying the GM would ask for more from the Rangers,  I don't mean that they would accept less from someone else. Just that if Drury calls and makes an offer, the GM has him in checkmate because he knows he can get more out of him in a counter offer. Not that he'll take less from someone else.  The Rangers will set the base price for centers. 

No, he can't get more out of Drury because Drury isn't bidding against himself.  Drury doesn't have to add extra because he desperately needs a center, he just has to make a better offer than other teams interested in the same player.

4 hours ago, Long live the King said:

No, he can't get more out of Drury because Drury isn't bidding against himself.  Drury doesn't have to add extra because he desperately needs a center, he just has to make a better offer than other teams interested in the same player.

Oh. I didn't know there was a difference between add more and make a better offer... 

Go Away Do Not Want GIF

3 hours ago, Long live the King said:

And what does making a better offer than other interested teams have to do with Chytil or desperation?  

Because the Rangers have to replace Chytil.  Not many other teams are looking to replace a 40+ point center,  because they have a 35 year old defensive minded center playing in said spot.

Most other teams take the bullet or have a prospect to plug in for such a need  The Rangers traditionally have to go for it and traditionally overpay because they are in desperate need? Do you remember what they gave up for Copp? Do you remember what Florida gave up for a better player in Bennett?  It was night and day. 

Copp with a 5th for Morgan Barron (he'd be nice to have now wouldn't he), a 1st, a 2nd and a 5th.

Sam Bennet to Florida for  a prospect and a 2nd round pick. 

Even without Chytil hurt and the Rangers being desperate,  they give more up and give more up for rentals..  They always do. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Because the Rangers have to replace Chytil.  Not many other teams are looking to replace a 40+ point center,  because they have a 35 year old defensive minded center playing in said spot.

Most other teams take the bullet or have a prospect to plug in for such a need  The Rangers traditionally have to go for it and traditionally overpay because they are in desperate need? Do you remember what they gave up for Copp? Do you remember what Florida gave up for a better player in Bennett?  It was night and day. 

Copp with a 5th for Morgan Barron (he'd be nice to have now wouldn't he), a 1st, a 2nd and a 5th.

Sam Bennet to Florida for  a prospect and a 2nd round pick. 

Even without Chytil hurt and the Rangers being desperate,  they give more up and give more up for rentals..  They always do. 

Bennett and Copp were traded in different years.

4 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Bennett and Copp were traded in different years.

Correct. Got that mixed up. 

Still a big difference in price.  

But if it has to be a trade from that same year, let's not forget the haul Drury got when he had to trade Buchnevich. Another move where everyone knew Drury was in a tight spot. 

39 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Correct. Got that mixed up. 

Still a big difference in price.  

But if it has to be a trade from that same year, let's not forget the haul Drury got when he had to trade Buchnevich. Another move where everyone knew Drury was in a tight spot. 

That's not even remotely comparable to being a buyer at the deadline. 

6 hours ago, Long live the King said:

That's not even remotely comparable to being a buyer at the deadline. 

Except it is.  Drury needed to get salary compliment. He showed his hand to the league and done fucked himself. 

Look. If you really need to have the last word here. Go ahead. We don't agree here. I think Chytil being done is like blood in the water for other GMs. You think it makes no difference. 

Great. 

38 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

I'm sure his personal trainer in Czechia is much better than the schlubs a pro team employs.....

Depends on what she does as a sideline.