• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Chytil Out for Remainder of Season Following Setback in Recovery From Concussion

RichieNextel305

If this is a thing, have to assume Roslovic either slides down or is out of lineup, because I would imagine Chytil slides up with Kreider and Zibanejad.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Chytil

Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere

Cuylle-Wennberg-Kakko

Vesey-Goodrow-Rempe/Brodzinski

Guess Roslovic can get shifts on the 4th line but I think he may be odd man out.

• The Chyt! 1

4 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

If this is a thing, have to assume Roslovic either slides down or is out of lineup, because I would imagine Chytil slides up with Kreider and Zibanejad.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Chytil

Cuylle-Wennberg-Kakko

Guess Roslovic can get shifts on the 4th line but I think he may be odd man out.

And nothing of value was lost. He can compete with Brodzinski for a shot or wait for an injury.

But odds are, he's on the outside looking in, because Goodrow is 4RW and Brod is the center on that line.

20 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Chytil

Cuylle-Wennberg-Kakko

I don’t think you’re going to see Rempe in the playoffs 

20 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Chytil

Cuylle-Wennberg-Kakko

Chytil at RW and lighting it up could be our post season story. (Fingers and toes crossed)

Just now, Vodka Drunkenski said:

He's either the tone-setter in a hard-hitting series or, more likely, the tone-changer if they fall behind in a series.

I tend to think the latter is far more realistic an option.

Chytil is a strong 5v5 player, particularly offensively. If he actually is fully healthy and can play to his potential, it would be an amazing boost.

My issue is that I just can't imagine his game would be the same for a while yet. Trepidation and all of that. He might still be a good addition to the lineup, but maybe not as effective as he otherwise would be.

20 minutes ago, Phil said:

He's either the tone-setter in a hard-hitting series or, more likely, the tone-changer if they fall behind in a series.

I tend to think the latter is far more realistic an option.

We agree that if we see him in the lineup, we’re in trouble?

52 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Unless the Rangers have a few games where they're not skating with authority.

If that happens Rempe will get a start to wake them up.

14 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I didn’t think Vegas would have the Stones to do it again

Everything is going to change once the NHL gets the chance to change the rule.  The question is whether this is a CBA issue?

Just now, Pete said:

I can't see how Rangers put Chytil into the mix in the playoffs after missing the entire season.

They're going to put him in the mix because they can't afford to go into the playoffs with only one line firing at 5v5.

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I can't see how Rangers put Chytil into the mix in the playoffs after missing the entire season.

Gotta figure he takes a few weeks to get back to game shape. I don't think he's an option until the second round, at the earliest. 

But if he is? What a boost. What a benefit. And...what a blessing for him to be able to play again.

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Same, I think it would be a desperation/panic move by Lavy. Chytil played all of 10 games, I would also bet anything he brings would be shortlived before he's back on the sidelines again picking up the pieces (I don't wish that on anyone).  We went from humming along to this kind of desperation in record time should it happen. Although Chytil is long overdue for his first goal in nearly what 12 months?