• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

8 Early Trade Deadline Targets for Rangers

RichieNextel305

29 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

We had 2 reps present at the DET-OTT game. FWIW, we don’t play either team again until April. So, safe to say where there is smoke, theres fire?

Not that it will ever happen but Brady Tkachuk is exactly what this team needs.  He's the Captain though and unless he's asking out there is no way Ottawa trades him.

27 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Not that it will ever happen but Brady Tkachuk is exactly what this team needs.  He's the Captain though and unless he's asking out there is no way Ottawa trades him.

The haul is almost unimaginable....

We are talking: Miller, Cuylle, Othmann, Perrault, a first and a second? Maybe?

59 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

We had 2 reps present at the DET-OTT game. FWIW, we don’t play either team again until April. So, safe to say where there is smoke, theres fire?

I don't put much stock into any of that, personally.

32 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't put much stock into any of that, personally.

I usually look for reasons for it to not be a thing. But 2 representatives scouting 2 teams that we don’t play for 3 months? They were there watching someone I would have to imagine. And given that they probably already know most of what Tarasenko is, I’d guess it’s not him, since they know most of what they need to know about him. Just a bit odd.

35 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

The haul is almost unimaginable....

We are talking: Miller, Cuylle, Othmann, Perrault, a first and a second? Maybe?

I’d make that trade. I’d rather do fox and laf for him though

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I usually look for reasons for it to not be a thing. But 2 representatives scouting 2 teams that we don’t play for 3 months? They were there watching someone I would have to imagine. And given that they probably already know most of what Tarasenko is, I’d guess it’s not him, since they know most of what they need to know about him. Just a bit odd.

The Senators are definitely open for business.

2 minutes ago, Fkm said:

Solely Fox and Laf? I'd contemplate it but I'd rather keep Laf and insert Kakko and a first rounder. Fox, Kakko, Othmann and a 1st for Tkachuk.

I’d rather kakko too but I think Ottawa would love to have laf because of the French Canadian connection. In fact they would probably overvalue him because of it. 

id only offer these two for Tzachuck.  He’s a game changer for what this team needs desperately . 

12 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The Senators are definitely open for business.

No I know that. That’s obvious for sure. But what could we be looking at there? We know what we likely need to know with Tarasenko. Giroux is unlikely to get moved. They’re not trading Tkachuk or Stutzle. Who else fits what we’re looking for up front? Pinto?

5 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

No I know that. That’s obvious for sure. But what could we be looking at there? We know what we likely need to know with Tarasenko. Giroux is unlikely to get moved. They’re not trading Tkachuk or Stutzle. Who else fits what we’re looking for up front? Pinto?

Bump.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

There's a lot of non-Tarasenko options to look at on the Sens.

Batherson

Joseph

Pinto

Chychrun

Brannstrom

It all just depends on what direction the Rangers want to go, but you can reason through for any of these guys.

Batherson to upgrade top 6 RW.

Joseph to upgrade mid-6 RW.

Pinto as an alternative center option to Henrique or Monahan.

Chychrun if they want to upgrade their first pairing LD. They don't have one.

Brannstrom if they want to backfill the position because they've traded Miller or Lindgren for a center or right wing.

These guys are all young-mid 20s. The Rangers could dump a load of assets from their end and not feel like they are sacrificing their future.

• Believe 1

1 hour ago, Fkm said:

Laf, Miller, 1st and Perrault.  Probably what it takes and that's if Ottawa likes all of Laf, Miller and Perrault.

30 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Laf, Miller, 1st and Perrault.  Probably what it takes and that's if Ottawa likes all of Laf, Miller and Perrault.

Where do I sign?

Just now, Fkm said:

I’d also counter with Fox, laf, and either Perrault or a 1st not both

Fox is by far the Ranger's most valuable asset.  You could legitimately put him in a package for basically anybody in the NHL without getting laughed off the phone.  Lots of guys would be trying to get him without giving up the specific player you were targeting.

I don't see a Fox trade outside of acquiring a top 10 forward and depending on whom other pieces as well.  Not that the Oilers are looking to do anything that would disrupt their current streak(s) but if they brought us Draisatl and asked for Fox it would be Draisatl+ for Fox not the other way around.

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Fox is by far the Ranger's most valuable asset.  You could legitimately put him in a package for basically anybody in the NHL without getting laughed off the phone.  Lots of guys would be trying to get him without giving up the specific player you were targeting.

I don't see a Fox trade outside of acquiring a top 10 forward and depending on whom other pieces as well.  Not that the Oilers are looking to do anything that would disrupt their current streak(s) but if they brought us Draisatl and asked for Fox it would be Draisatl+ for Fox not the other way around.

You think they’d do Tkachuck straight up for Fox?  Fox is the better player but Tkachuck is a unicorn. There is him and his brother and no one else that brings their skillset. He is a top line forward and he’s young.  Do you think that’s a bad move for the Rangers if they’d do it?

I think if the Rangers brought Fox to Ottawa the Senators would keep us on the phone for awhile trying to make it Batherson or Norris + as much present value as they could for Fox instead.

This is one of those situations where Fox is a huge value magnet in a trade but he won't get you the guy you really want.  Ottawa would be trying to put Fox next to Tkachuk not trade one for the other,.

The other 4 for 1, Laf, Miller, 1st and Perreault is likely more valuable to a team that is still obviously building towards a competitive base.

Edited by Br4d

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

They could be scouting Detroit too. 

Maybe they are thinking of moving some pieces? Rasmussen? Sprong? Maata? Petry? Walman? Fabbri? Perron? 

An honest question I’ll pose to you all is this. What would you be willing to give up to acquire Vatrano and Henrique? A kill 2 birds with 1 stone scenario. Henrique may not be the apple of everyones eye (Phil, hi!) but with Lindholm and Monahan now off the market, he may be the best option at 3C that exists for the Rangers. 

If you can solve that hole and also acquire Vatrano to reclaim his spot on the 93/20 line, what would you be willing to offer?

7 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

An honest question I’ll pose to you all is this. What would you be willing to give up to acquire Vatrano and Henrique? A kill 2 birds with 1 stone scenario. Henrique may not be the apple of everyones eye (Phil, hi!) but with Lindholm and Monahan now off the market, he may be the best option at 3C that exists for the Rangers. 

If you can solve that hole and also acquire Vatrano to reclaim his spot on the 93/20 line, what would you be willing to offer?

I'll give up a #1 and say Robertson for Henrique?

Jones & Sykora for Vatrano?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I just don't. If we're going to swing for it, let's get some guys who will be here in October too. 

I think that's what makes Ottawa such a good trade partner.

Kakko/Perreault/1st for Batherson/Pinto, or Perreault/1st for Joseph/Pinto. Something like that. I like Perreault as a prospect, but I don't need Drury to be a prospect/pick clutcher if there is quality youth with some upside coming back.

• Cheers 1